Psoriasis Research: A Comprehensive Review
Jagmeet Singh1*, Poonam Jaggi2 and Shivangi Shukla3
1Department of Biotechnology, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
2Department of Biotechnology, Amity University, Noida, New Delhi, India
3Department of Biotechnology, Graphic Era University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Jagmeet Singh
Department of Biotechnology
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Received date: 02/02/2017 Accepted date: 23/02/2017 Published date: 28/02/2017
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
Psoriasis is basically an inflammatory skin disorder with receptive irregular epidermal differentiation and hyperproliferat ion influencing 2-3 % of world’s population. Pathophysiology of the psoriasis incorporates mostly the enactment and migrate ion of T-cells to the dermis activating the release of cytokines which causes the inflammation and the triggered generation of skin cells. The likely factors and prompts causing psoriasis incorporate passionate anxiety, skin damage, systemic diseases, intestinal upsets and certain medications. There are different types of psoriasis such as plaque psoriasis, psoriatic joint pain, scalp psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, flexural psoriasis, nail psoriasis, pustular psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis which can be analyzed by clinical diagnosis, for example, skin biopsies etc. Therapeutic drugs that either regulate the immune system or normalize the differentiation program of psoriatic keratinocytes are proposed for treatment of psoriasis. Based on the kind of psoriasis, its area of origin, degree and seriousness there are different treatment regimens accessible for psoriasis, for example, topical drugs, systemic operators, phototherapy and homeopathic approach which can control the symptoms.
Psoriasis, Skin, Anxiety, Phototherapy, Genitals.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder in which environmental and genetic components have a significant part. Psoriasis is a non-infectious, inflammatory, dry and unpleasant skin disease, which can include entire system of an individual [1-5]. It is generally inherited and primarily described by abruptly marginated scaly, erythematous plaques that are developed in a moderately symmetrical dissemination. The most normally infected areas are the scalp, palms, tips of fingers and toes, umbilicus, soles, gluteus, under the breast and genitals, knees, elbows, sacrum and shins. This infection is acute in nature with an inclination to relapse. In psoriasis, the skin continues scaling as flakes called psoriatic plaques because of fast and intemperate growth of epidermis cells which look similar fishy skin and finally peels off as shedding [5-17].
Advancements in psoriasis are persistent, even as biologics have altered the way numerous patients with direct to chronic illness are cured. In this article, we highlight particular advancements and discoveries in psoriasis research related with the study of disease transmission/clinical research, genetics and immunology. The gleaming white plaques are caused by quickened regeneration and accretion of skin on the area of inclination because of fast demolition process [18-21]. Plaques size varies from a couple of millimeters to a wide piece of the appendage. Plaques frequently show up on skin of the elbows and knees, however can influence any site including the scalp and genitals. Fingernails and toenails are mostly influenced and can be viewed as an isolated finding. Psoriasis can likewise cause inflammation of the joints, which is known as psoriatic arthritis [22-29]. Psoriasis is connected to dandruff and also to a few types of joint inflammation. It is believed that there a connection in between psoriasis and the HIV infection. Psoriasis is a standout among the most abused sicknesses from olden days, which proceeds with now with the hunt of a decent remedy. This review is a compilation of all the aspects regarding psoriasis.
Keeping in mind the end goal to make mindfulness among the general population, doctors and experts unite to form a society or an association. The fundamental point of these societies is to advise and make mindfulness among the patients of psoriasis as well as healthy persons [30-37]. Significant social orders like American Dermato-epidemiologic Network plans to enhance open mindfulness in Dermato-the study of disease transmission, and the headway of value norms to improve quiet care [38-53]. It additionally bolsters and advance looks into in the field of Dermatology research. International Psoriasis Foundation provides training and activities in relation with the cure and treatment of Psoriasis through the improvement of Psoriasis related knowledge and practice. Bulgarian Society of Dermatology of Bulgaria is having association with Omics and also embracing the scientific events led in the field of skin oncology and psoriasis. Bulgarian Society of Dermatology battles for the finding and treatment of psoriasis. American Society of Human Genetics is another worldwide society including proficient dermatologists and biotechnologist, contributes to the advancement of successful approach and techniques for improvement of Dermatology patients at the worldwide level, especially in the American nations [54-67].
Open Access literature plays a key part in demonstrating the information and recent advancements worldwide. Clinical Dermatology Research Journal is a peer-reviewed open access journal, which is dedicated to publish articles over the globe on clinical and experimental studies in the field of dermatology and related fields such as trichology, cosmetology, plastic surgery, etc. [68-89]. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology Research gives information on most recent therapeutics techniques, for example, Laser tattoo expulsion, Dermoscopy, Laser skin reemerging, etc. and furthermore numerous congress meet like Vitiligo and Skincare Physicians Meeting where a abstract entitled Development of a non-invasive skin diagnostic test for managing Vitiligo treatment was Pieter Spee of Estonia, outlined about the improvement of new symptomatic method for analysis and treatment of vitiligo [90-113].
Psoriasis is a condition in which skin cells aggregate and cause irritation and dry patches. It's characterized by 10 time’s quicker growth of skin cells than typical cells [114-130]. An article entitled Psoriasis Management; Patient Feedback and Healthcare Limitations wrote by Aldeen T from United Kingdom gives knowledge with respect to the administration of Psoriasis by conducting overview from 112 (men and women) patients accepting psoriasis medication in local hospital [131-139]. 13th International Conference on Skin Infections, Diseases and Annual Dermatologists Summit held Vancouver, Canada, from October 03-04, 2016 Prof. Madalene Heng from UCLA institute of Medicine introduced his assessments on pathologies and medications of Acne and Rosacea [140-153].
In addition to articles, speaker lectures at congress, workshops, and symposiums likewise deliver a more beneficial exposure to healthy and therapeutic information and propelled advancements invented in the present time [154-168]. In 11th Global Dermatologists Congress held in Dubai, UAE from November 14-15, 2016, Dr. Joseph F Sobanko from university of pennsylvania, USA presented his views on Relationship between patient reported quality of life and psychological health: Identifying Beanchmarks for the skin cancer index [167-180]. International Conference on Psoriasis and Skin Specialists Meeting held in Dallas, Texas, USA from December 08-09, 2016 explain the illnesses from different logical viewpoints. Dr. Andrej Petrov led a workshop on "Psoriasis: From Diagnosis to Treatment" disclosing diverse methods to analyze and treat the psoriasis [45,58,97,181-196].
The diagnosis of psoriasis is normally based on the appearance of the skin. There are no exceptional blood tests or indicative methodology for psoriasis. Sometimes a skin biopsy or scratching might be expected to find out different disorders and to affirm the diagnosis of psoriasis. Skin from a biopsy will demonstrate clubbed Rete pegs if positive for psoriasis [197-201]. Another indication of psoriasis is that when the plaques are scratched, one can see pinpoint seeping of blood from the skin beneath. Analysis of psoriasis is made effortlessly by clinical examination. Typically no tests are required to analyze psoriasis, yet to preclude different complexities blood tests; pee test and imaging studies are frequently performed. Sometimes biopsy might be important to separate it from parasitic contamination.
Psoriasis is a frightful disorder influencing physical, mental and social wellbeing of the patients. Another study of this disease has catalyzed the development of targeted biological medicines. These progressive treatments are not without potential hazard, in any case. A review of alternative natural therapies gives a few choices to enhancing wellbeing and adequacy in the treatment of psoriasis. This review will unquestionably prove being an eye-opener for patients experiencing psoriasis and additionally the practioners, drug specialists, nurses and different people involved in the treatment of psoriasis and help them to comprehend psoriasis in an improved manner to carry out protected and compelling treatment psoriasis. Many professionals share their views; suggestions through the open access literature which can be accessed by researchers in order attain knowledge on skin diseases. Although skin diseases are the major problems in USA, the developed technologies, awareness through the literature have given hope to the patients for reducing the effects.
- Kirby JS, et al. Variation in Utilization and Spending for the Management of Actinic Keratosis. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:1.
- Kartal D, et al. Papillon Lefe’vre Syndrome with Hepatic Abscess. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:1.
- Lobato-Berezo A, et al. Extravasation with Trabectedin (Yondelis: ET-743) Troubles with the Use of Cytostatic Agents. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:1
- Zewdu FT, et al. Magnitude and Associated Factors of Superficial Fungal Infections on HIV/AIDS Patients who Attends in Debre Tabor General Hospital ART Clinic, Debretabor, North West Ethiopia, 2015/16. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:1.
- Aldeen T and Powell R. Psoriasis Management; Patient Feedback and Healthcare Limitations. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:1.
- Slaoui W, et al. Unusual Ulcerated Nodules of Scalp with Histological Proof of Cutaneous Metastasis Derived from Prostate Cancer: Report of a Case J Clin Exp Oncol. 2015;4:3.
- Gu WM, et al. Exploring Serologic Indicators for Laboratory Diagnosis of Asymptomatic Neurosyphilis. J Neuroinfect Dis. 2016;7:232.
- Ramdial PK, et al. Vulval Involvement in Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome-Associated Disseminated Histoplasmosis. J AIDS Clin Res. 2016;7:632.
- Boisnic S, et al. Miliacin Associated with Polar Lipids: Effect on Growth Factors Excretion and Extracellular Matrix of the Dermal Papilla Hair Follicle Model Maintained in Survival Conditions. Hair Ther Transplant. 2016;6:143.
- Mohor GS and Solovan C. Onychodystrophy and Scarring Alopecia in Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita: A Case Based Review of the Literature. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:709.
- Venkataram and George EP. Treatment of Posttraumatic Scar with Ablative Fractional Erbium: YAG Laser. Cosmetol & Oro Facial Surg. 2016;1:104.
- Ayuka F and Barnett R. Place Effects on Alcohol Consumption: A Literature Review. J Addict Res Ther. 2016;6:207.
- Venkataram and George EP. Fractional Ablative Er: YAG Laser: An Alternative Approach to the Treatment of Port Wine Stain. Cosmetol & Oro Facial Surg. 2015;1:101.
- Ryan TJ. Community Dermatology: A branch of Dermatology Embracing all Skin Carers in The Restoration of Skin Function. Health Care Current Reviews. 2015;3:147.
- Sugiura K and Sugiura M. Prevention and Treatment of Skin Injury and Trauma in Triathlon Competition Day. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2015;6:170.
- Atzori L, et al. Cutaneous Adverse Reactions during Anti-Tnf Alpha Treatment for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: The Experience of the Dermatology Clinic of Cagliari (Italy). J Pharmacovigilance. 2015;S2:004.
- Lisi R, et al. Skin Toxicity after Radiotherapy: About a Case. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:195.
- Lotti T, et al. New Therapeutic Opportunities in Dermatology: Low Dose Cytokines Treatment for Vitiligo. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;S3:001.
- Arif T, et al. Therapeutic and Diagnostic Applications of Nanotechnology in Dermatology and Cosmetics. J Nanomedine Biotherapeutic Discov. 2015;5:134.
- Gual A, et al. Topical Corticosteroids in Dermatology: From Chemical Development to Galenic Innovation and Therapeutic Trends. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:269.
- Lipner SR and Scher RK. Prognostic Factors in Onychomycosis Treatment. J Infect Dis Ther. 2015;3:202
- Le Pillouer Prost A. Treatment of Vitiligo with an Ablative Fractional CO2 Laser Followed by Sun Exposure: A Case Report. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;147.
- Joseph EE, et al. Kaposi Disease in Hospitalization: Reflet of Accessibility to Haart in African Countries? Case of Dermatology Department of the University Hospital of Treichville (Abidjan-Rci). J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:238.
- Korolenko VV and Stepanenko VI. Teledermatology: First Steps in Ukraine in the Light of Contemporary World Achievements. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:131.
- Mehraban S and Feily A. Silymarin in Dermatology: A Brief Review. pigmentary disorders. 2014;1:125.
- Linder J. Topical Melasma Treatments. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:115.
- Pan FT, et al. Challenging Approach with Nanoformulation and Photodynamic Therapy in Dermatology. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:221.
- Narahari SR, et al. How Does Yoga Work in Lymphedema? J Yoga Phys Ther. 2013;3:135.
- Elsaie ML. Vaccines from a Dermatology Perspective: HPV Vaccines. J Vaccines Vaccin. 2013;4:e116.
- Kiprono SK, et al. Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome: Cutaneous and Bone Histoplasmosis Mimicking Leprosy after Treatment. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2012;3:145.
- Hirano SA, et al. Erythema Multiforme- Like Bullous Pemphigoid Associated with Furosemide. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2011;2:123.
- C Li, et al. Filaggrin Mutations are Associated with Ichthyosis Vulgaris in the Southern Chinese Population. J Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010;1:102.
- Christian P, et al. Epidermal Pigmentation, Nucleotide Excision Repair and Risk of Skin Cancer. J Carcinogene Mutagene. 2011;S4:001.
- Alnuqaydan AM and Sanderson BJ. Calendula officinalis Protection against Cytotoxicity Effects of Personal Care Products on HaCaT Human Skin Cells. J Clin Toxicol. 2016;6:316.
- Alnuqaydan AM and Sanderson BJ. Toxicity and Genotoxicity of Beauty Products on Human Skin Cells In Vitro. J Clin Toxicol. 2016;6:315.
- Elghblawi E. Beating the Pink. HIV Curr Res. 2016;1:108.
- Maculotti D and Dassenno D. Management of Peristomal Skin Complications with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy: A Case Study. Anat Physiol. 2016;6:215.
- Alnuqaydan AM and Sanderson BJ. Genetic Damage and Cell Killing Induction by Five Head Lice Treatments on HaCaT Human Skin Cells. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2016;7:259.
- Onuigbo WIB. Albino Skin Cancer will End if a Communitys Cancer Surveillance Program is Successful. J Health Edu Res Dev. 2016;4:161.
- Sharma RK and Sharma RK. Generalized Pigmented Lupus Erythematosus - A New Clinical Subset?. Pigmentary Disorders. 2016;3:237.
- Onuigbo WIB. Adenocystic Carcinoma as a Molecular Variant of Albino Skin Cancer. J Med Diagn Meth. 2016;6:193.
- Preet S, et al. Nisin Augments Doxorubicin Permeabilization and Ameliorates Signaling Cascade during Skin Carcinogenesis. Transl Med. 2015;6:161.
- Mays AC, et al. Gene Variability between Perineural-Positive and Perineural-Negative Squamous Cell Skin Cancers. J Clin Med Genomics. 2015;3:133.
- Chakraborty PK and Mustafi SB. Heat Shock Proteins: Heatingup skin cancer biology. J Dermatitis. 2016;1:102.
- Alnuqaydan AM et al. Calendula officinalis Extracts Protect against H2O2 Induced Chromosome Damage on HacaT Human Skin Cells. J Carcinog Mutagene. 2015;6:245.
- Sonthalia S. Hair Restoration: Looking Beyond Minoxidil, Finasteride and Hair Transplantation. J Cosmo Trichol. 2015;1:e101.
- Rahrovan S, et al. Biophysical Characteristics of Melasma Skin Comparing with the Perilesional Normal Skin and its Relation to the Melasma Subtype. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:222.
- Parajuli S. Skin Cancer in Kidney Transplant Recipients: A Nephrologist’s Perspective. J Kidney. 2015;1:e101.
- Kairemo K. Thyroid Doses and Skin Contaminations of Radioiodine. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2015;6:244.
- Espinoza JM. The Importance of Skin Cancer Awareness among Hispanics. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;205.
- Marconi B, et al. Neoplastic Skin Complications in Transplant Patients: Experience of an Italian Multidisciplinary Transplant Unit. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:295.
- Rago R, et al. The Skin Conductance Algesimeter Validated with the Numerical Rating Scale Postoperatively in Patients Treated with Classical Music. J Nurs Care. 2015;4:252.
- Piérard GE, et al. Analytical Assessment of TNF-Antagonist Early Effects on Psoriasis: In Vivo Real-time Reflectance Confocal Microscopy and Skin Capacitance Mapping. J Med Diagn Meth. 2014;3:165.
- Teo WL, et al. Double Blind Placebo Controlled Trial to Evaluate of the Effectiveness of a Dietary Supplement Rich in Carotenoids as Adjunct to Topical Lightening Cream for the Treatment of Melasma: A Pilot Study. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:164.
- Eberting CL. Irritant Contact Dermatitis: Mechanisms to Repair. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:246.
- Karacelik M. Carotid Stenosis and Skin Cancer in the Surgical Incision Area. J Vasc Med Surg. 2014;163.
- Huang W, et al. Chemical Leukoderma to Hair Dye in a Singaporean Indian–A Rare, Adverse Cosmetic Outcome in Relation to a Ubiquitous Cosmetic Product. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:237.
- Browning CL, et al. Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles are not Cytotoxic or Clastogenic in Human Skin Cells. J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2014;4:23
- Gaddikeri S, et al. Perineural Invasion of Skin Cancers in the Head and Neck: An Uncommon Phenomenon Revisited. Otolaryngology. 2014;4:169
- Menaa F. Emulsions Systems for Skin Care: From Macro to Nano-Formulations. J Pharma Care Health Sys. 2014;1:e104.
- Steele L, et al. Retrospective Review of Wound Complications Following Skin Closure by Either Percutaneous Metal Staples or Absorbable Subcuticular Staples in Patients Undergoing Cesarean Delivery. Gynecol Obstet. 2013;3:176.
- Storm H. The Capability of Skin Conductance to Monitor Pain Compared to Other Physiological Pain Assessment Tools in Children and Neonates. Pediat Therapeut. 2013;3:168.
- Wahbeh H and Oken B. Skin Conductance Response during Laboratory Stress in Combat Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. J Trauma Treat. 2013;2:167.
- Li W and Zhao Y. “Warburg Effect” and Mitochondrial Metabolism in Skin Cancer. J Carcinogene Mutagene. 2012;S4:002
- Ahmed Al-Naggar R and Bobryshev YV. Practice of Skin CancerPrevention among Young Malaysian. J Community Med Health Educ. 2012;2:129.
- Jones N and Colver GB. Skin Cancer Nurses - A Screening Role. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2011;2:130.
- Rajput R. Hair Loss due to Electromagnetic Radiation from Overuse of Cell Phone. J Cosmo Trichol. 2016;2:114.
- Rajput R. Improvement in Hair Loss and Better Hair Quality with Vitamin Therapy in Monilethrix. J Cosmo Trichol. 2016;2:113.
- Alhomaid MH. Escitalopram Induced Hair Loss. J Psychiatry. 2016,19:352
- Sheikholeslami M, et al. Site-Dependence Scalp Cooling System to Prevent Hair Loss during Chemotherapy. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci. 2015;5:158.
- Rajput R. Understanding Hair Loss due to Air Pollution and the Approach to Management. Hair Ther Transplant. 2015;5:133.
- Shapiro LJ and Shapiro DB. Low Anabolic Profile in Assessing a Patient’s Overall Hair Loss. Hair Ther Transplant. 2015;5:130.
- Mansilla E, et al. Building Small Spheroids/Regenerative Units for Hair Loss Treatment: Just Imitating Nature in an Industrialized Manner. Hair: Therap Transplantat. 2011;1:e101.
- Marcovici G. Hair Loss Treatment Shows Anti-inflammatory Activity in vitro. Hair: Therap Transplantat. 2012;2:103.
- Cakir E. The Association between Metabolic Syndrome Components and Hair Loss both Male and Female Individuals. Hair Ther Transplant. 2013;3:110.
- Tas B, et al. Neonatal Occipito-Linear and Temporo-Fronto-Parietal Alopecia: Can Non-Marginal and Marginal forms of the Transient Neonatal Hair Loss be Found Together? Hair Ther Transplant. 2014;4:119.
- Piraccini BM and Alessandrini A. Diffuse Hair Loss in a Young Female. Hair Ther Transplant. 2014;4:122.
- Tsiklis NS, et al. Long Term Outcome of Surgical Excision of Conjunctival Melanoma Combined with Mitomycin C Use: A Case Report. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:878.
- Madadi Sanjani O, et al. Diagnostic and Prognostic Value of the Tracer-Count-Rate in Sentinel-Nodes in Melanoma – A Cohort Study. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:376.
- Nambiar S, et al. Oral Malignant Melanoma: A Brief Review. J Clin Exp Pathol. 2016;6:294.
- Mohamed KEH and Abusin H. Primary Melanoma of the Oral Mucosa: A Case Report and Review of Literature. J Clin Case Rep. 2016;6:873.
- Onuigbo WIB. Spleen Secondaries as Melanoma Masses: Historical Highlights. Anat Physiol. 2016;6:244.
- Onuigbo WIB. The Spread of Melanoma to the Pleura and Peritoneum: Historical Highlights. Anat Physiol. 2016;6:243.
- Gonzalez AN, et al. Anthracosis Mimicking Metastatic Melanoma in a Sentinel Lymph Node. Pigmentary Disorders. 2016;3:240.
- Eugeniu B, et al. Dynamic Changes of Molecular Markers during Natural History in Metastatic Melanoma: Ethical Issues and Lessons to Learn. J Integr Oncol. 2016;5:176.
- Kumar SM. Detection and Molecular Characterization of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) in Patient with Metastatic Melanoma: A Potential Application of Liquid Biopsy. Clin Med Biochemistry Open Access. 2016;2:119.
- Tan IJ, et al. Interstitial Pneumonitis in a Patient with Occult Sarcoidosis Treated with Pembrolizumab for Advanced Melanoma. J Cancer Clin Trials. 2016;1:116
- Onuigbo WIB. Methodological Search for Historical Evidence of Melanomas Spreading to the Skin. J Med Diagn Meth. 2016;5:218
- Mittal P and Jain M. Proteomics: An Indispensable Tool for Novel Biomarker Identification in Melanoma. J Data Mining Genomics Proteomics. 2016;7:204.
- Wang Y and Chang TMS. Biodegradable Nanocapsules Containing A Nanobiotechnological Complex for the In-vitro Suppression of A Melanoma Cell Line. 2016;B16F10.
- Brafford P, et al. 1205Lu is Human Melanoma Depending on the Source. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2016;8:113.
- Gupta A, et al. Comparative Evaluation of Two Different Novel Formulations of Quercetin Against Non Melanoma Skin Cancer in Human Subjects. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:346.
- Ning Yin,et al. A personalized Approach for Targeting the Melanoma: Inhibition of Oncogenic Signaling in Combination with Small Molecules. Gen Med (Los Angeles). 2016;4:238.
- Onuigbo W, et al. Presentation of Regressed Pedal Melanoma as a Groin Mass. Transl Med (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:170.
- Waugh KA, et al. Tolerance of Tumor-Specific T cells in Melanoma Metastases. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2016;7:409.
- Sengupta D and Tackett AJ. Proteomic Findings in Melanoma. J Proteomics Bioinform. 2016;9:e29.
- Onuigbo WIB. The Ovarian Metastases of Melanoma: Historical Cases. J Women's Health Care. 2016;5:307.
- Sawa K, et al. Pneumonitis with Nonspecific Interstitial Pneumonia Pattern Caused by Nivolumab in a Patient with Metastatic Melanoma. Intern Med. 2016;6:215.
- Tran D, et al. Meta-Analyses of Epidemiologic Associations between Cutaneous Melanoma and Thyroid Cancer. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:343.
- Onuigbo WIB. Anatomical Mapping of the Liver with Melanoma Metastases: Historical Method. Anat Physiol. 2016;6:210.
- Tsui I, et al. Commentary on Visual Acuity, Contrast Sensitivity and Color Vision Three Years after Iodine-125 Brachytherapy for Choroidal and Ciliary Body Melanoma. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2016;7:520.
- Onuigbo W. A Brief History of the Spread of Melanoma to the Pancreas. Pancreat Disord Ther. 2016;6:170.
- Daniel MC, et al. Simultaneous Treatment of Severe Vemurafenib-induced Uveitis and Metastatic Melanoma. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2016;7:513.
- Iotefa T, et al. Atorvastatin-Induced Inhibition of Human Melanoma in vivo Development. Immunother Open Acc. 2016;2:111.
- Salomao-Junior A, et al. Evaluation of Tumor Growth in Treatment of Murine Melanoma by Transdermal Infusion of Etoposide by Radiofrequency. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:325.
- Hepner A, et al. Risk of Melanoma among Survivors of Hematologic Malignancies . Adv Cancer Prev. 2016;1:e101.
- Lloyd-Hughes H, et al. Current and Future Nanotechnology Applications in the Management of Melanoma: A Review. J Nanomed Nanotechnol. 2015;6:334.
- Yanelda G, et al. Retrospective Study of Periocular Non Melanoma Skin Cancer Treated with the Combination of IFN alpha2b and Gamma (HeberPAG). J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015;6:478.
- Cox JL, Therapy for Late Stage Melanoma. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2015;6:241.
- Liu L, et al. Primary Malignant Melanoma of Esophagus. InternMed. 2015;5:i108.
- Yadav K, et al. Primary Mucosal Melanoma: Uncommonly Described Entity. Journal of Surgery [Jurnalul de chirurgie]. 2015;11:125-128.
- Moroni G, et al. Progesterone and Melanoma Cells: An Old Story Suspended between Life and Death. J Steroids Horm Sci. 2015;S13:158.
- Zin AAM and Nafis NSM. Primary Vaginal Melanoma–Cytohistological Correlates and Literature Reviews. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:312.
- Urbancek S, et al. Misdiagnosis of Melanoma: A 7 Year Single-Center Analysis. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:208.
- Onuigbo WIB, et al. The Finger as a Rare Site of Melanoma among Female Nigerian Igbos. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:207.
- Srivastava K, et al. Systematic Review and Indirect Treatment Comparison of Dabrafenib and Trametinib versus Other Treatments Used in Previously Untreated Metastatic Melanoma Patients. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:294.
- Ricardo H, et al. Primary Oral Mucosal Melanoma: a Short Review. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:192.
- Tas B, et al. Nodular Melanoma-Like Superficial Spreading Melanoma Arising from Intradermal Unna Nevus-Can Incomplete Oncogenic-senescence be Responsible for Non-hierarchical Melanomagenesis? Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:179.
- Choi PA, et al. Leukoencephalopathy after Whole Brain Radiation Therapy Plus Radiosurgery Versus Radiosurgery Alone for Metastatic Melanoma to the Brain. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2015;6:225.
- E George Elias and Bhuvnesh K Sharma. A Role for Intralesional (Intratumoral) Therapy with Two Cytokines in the Management of Some High Risk Patients with Cutaneous Melanomay. Surgery Curr Res. 2015;5:226.
- Vangipuram R, et al. Does the Type of Initial Biopsy Method Determine Re-Excision Rate of Cutaneous Melanoma?. Journal of Surgery [Jurnalul de chirurgie] 2015;10:287-289.
- Kursat O, et al. Watch Out for the Unexpected:Sole Gallbladder Metastasis in a Patient with Malignant Melanoma Striked by FDG-PET. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2015;6:210.
- McBrearty A, et al. Anal Melanoma: A General Surgical Experience. J Clin Case Rep. 2015;5:493.
- Burgic M, et al. Expression of Erß and Bcl-2 in Skin Melanoma. J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;5:207.
- Sticklen M. Plantipharma Technology: Production of Antibodies, Anti-HIV, Anti-Ebola Virus, Anti-End-Stage Metastatic Melanoma and Other Recombinant Biotech Drugs in Crops. Adv Crop Sci Tech. 2014;2:e120.
- Ilknur Kivanc Altunay. Promote Melanoma Prevention through Sun Protection. pigmentary disorders. 2015;2:156.
- Ghazzawi I, et al. Liver Mass as a First Presentation of Missed Malignant Melanoma. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;2:152.
- Longshore J, et al. Comparison of Molecular Testing Methods for Detecting BRAF V600 Mutations in Melanoma Specimens with Challenging Attributes. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2015;6:215.
- AlSaeedi MH. 45 Years Old Male Patient with Malignant Melanoma of the Lower Lip. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:i102.
- Solmaz A, et al. Isolated Pancreatic Metastasis From Melanoma: A Case Report. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2014;5:202.
- Wolnicka-Glubisz A. Role of Mc1r in UV-Induced Melanoma in Animal Models. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2014;5:200.
- Patra S. Aspirin and Melanoma. Immunome Res. 2014;10:e001.
- Nascimento JS, et al. Primary Oral Melanoma: A Case Report with Immunohistochemical Findings. J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;4:197.
- Wang X, et al. Metastatic Melanoma Induced Metabolic Changes in C57BL/6J Mouse Stomach Measured by 1H NMR Spectroscopy. Metabolomics. 2014;4:135.
- Reuben A, et al. RAF Inhibitor Therapy Promotes Melanocytic Antigen Expression and Enhanced Anti-Tumor Immunity in Melanoma. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:139.
- Messadi M, et al. Interpretable Aide Diagnosis System for Melanoma Recognition. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci. 2014;4:132.
- Marone U. Actual Perspectives in Surgical Management of Metastatic Melanoma. J Clin Case Rep. 2014;4:e134.
- Aguilera P, et al. Clinical and Histopathological Characteristics between Familial and Sporadic Melanoma in Barcelona, Spain. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:231.
- Pramio DT, et al. Low Frequency of Germline TERT and MITF Mutations in Brazilian Melanoma-Prone Patients. Hereditary Genet. 2014;3:135.
- Zappa F, et al. NAD(P)H:Quinone Oxidoreductase 1 Expression in Human Primary Melanotic Melanomas of the Skin. J Cytol Histol. 2014;5:259.
- Javanbakht J, et al. Comparative istopathological Diagnosis of Cutaneous Melanoma by H&E, Special Staining and Immunohistochemical Methods against Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Horse and Bovine. J Bioanal Biomed. 2014;6:019-023.
- D’Angelillo A, et al. A Role for Proteomics in Identifying Targets for Radiosensitizing Strategies in Melanoma: The FKBP51 Paradigm. J Proteomics Bioinform. 2014;7: 240-247.
- Hawryluk EB, et al. Effects of Ultraviolet Exposure Behaviors on Skin Pigmentation and Melanoma. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:113.
- Alaoui FZF, et al. Primary Malignant Vaginal Melanoma: A Case Report. J Clin Case Rep. 2013;4:326.
- Androutsopoulos G and Decavalas G. Vaginal Primary Malignant Melanoma: A Critical Update. J Community Med Health Educ. 2014;4:e124.
- Pahlitzsch M, et al. Conjunctival Melanoma and BRAF Inhibitor Therapy. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2014;5:322.
- Tuzun B. The Differential Diagnosis of Psoriasis Vulgaris. Pigmentary Disorders. 2016;3: 245.
- Bonifacio K M, et al. Cutaneous Expression of a Disintegrin-like and Metalloprotease Domain containing Thrombospondin Type 1 Motif-like 5 (ADAMTSL5) in Psoriasis goes beyond Melanocytes. Pigmentary Disorders. 2016;3:244.
- Phiske MM. Scalp Psoriasis: A Brief Overview. J Cosmo Trichol. 2016;2:110.
- Gantz M and Allen HB. Psoriasis, Atopic Dermatitis, Lyme disease and Tinea Versicolor: All caused by Microbes but none a Classic Infection. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;4:362.
- Singh S, et al. Increased Serum Levels of TNF-Α and IL-6 are not related to HLA-Cw6 in Psoriasis Patients Correlation of Cytokine with HLA Cw6. Transcriptomics. 2016;4: 133.
- Azevedo VF, et al. Risk Factors and Predictors of Psoriatic Arthritis in Patients with Psoriasis. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:357.
- Durisova M. Mathematical Modeling Formation of 7-hydroxymethotrexate from Methotrexate in Patients Undergoing Treatment for Psoriasis with Methotrexate. J Drug Metab Toxicol. 2016;7:205.
- Durisova M. Computational Investigation of Time Dependent Changes in the Formation of 7-Hydroxymethotrexate from Methotrexate in Patients Undergoing Treatment for Psoriasis with Methotrexate. Clin Exp Pharmacol. 2016;6:205.
- Karaca S and Inci R. Psoriasis: as an Imitation of Skin, Scalp and Nail Infections. J Infect Dis Ther. 2016;4: 274.
- Allen HB, et al. Psoriasis: A Sequela of Streptococcal Infection Similar to Acute Rheumatic Fever. Clin Microbiol. 2016;5:244.
- El-Moselhy EA, et al. Psychosocial Impact and Quality of Life among Adult Egyptian Patients with Psoriasis. Dermatol Case Rep. 2015;1:104.
- Elgendy A, et al. Cardiovascular and Metabolic Comorbidities of Psoriasis. Dermatol Case Rep. 2016;1:106.
- Aldeen T and Adewale A. Obesity and Psoriasis: Can Bariatric Surgery Trigger Psoriasis? J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:302.
- Shalaby ME, et al. Serum Prolactin and ImmunoglobulinE Levels in Psoriasis Vulgaris before and after NB-UVB Therapy. Med chem. 2015;5:432-436.
- Rueda JE. Guttate, Pustular and Plaque Psoriasis. Pediat Therapeut. 2015;5:i105.
- Uiz-Villaverde R, et al. Multiorgan Experience with Subcutaneous Methotrexate for the Treatment of Moderate-to-Severe Psoriasis. J Clin Case Rep. 2015;5:558.
- Umezawa Y, et al. Algorithm for Selecting Ideal Biologic Treatment for Psoriasis. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:297.
- Mamadou K, et al. Psoriasis among African Blacks: The Abidjan Experience of 17 Years. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6: 291.
- Vega-Hernandez RE, et al. The FokI Polymorphism of the VDR Gene is a Protective Factor for Psoriasis Vulgaris. J Clin Case Rep. 2015;5:528.
- Clark BL, et al. Evaluation of a Retrospective Drug Utilization Review Program for the Treatment of Plaque Psoriasis: A Pilot Study. J Pharma Care Health Sys. 2015;2:126.
- Lacarrubba F, et al. Corticosteroid Cream Once Daily plus an Emollient Cream in comparison with Corticosteroid Cream Twice Daily in Plaque Psoriasis: An Intra-Patient, Randomized Assessor-Blinded, Ultrasound Evaluation Study. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2014;5:243.
- Sahiner IV, et al. The Impact Role of Childhood Traumas and Life Events in Patients with Alopecia Aerate and Psoriasis. J Psychiatry. 2014;17:162.
- Kao JK, et al. Potential Treatments for Atopic Dermatitis. J Immuno Biol. 2016;1:110.
- Jung SK, et al. Improvement of Anti-inflammatory and Antibacterial Effects of Combined Crude Drug Extracts Including Barafu on Atopic Dermatitis. J Cosmo Trichol. 2016;2:111.
- Tehranchinia Z, et al. Basal Serum Cortisol and Adrenocorticotropic Hormone Levels in Patients with Atopic Dermatitis. J Allergy Ther. 2016;7:236.
- Al-Otaibi ST. Prevention of Occupational Contact Dermatitis. J Ergonomics. 2016;6:165.
- Sutton J. A Case of Acrodermatitis Enteropathica. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:329.
- Cortez M, et al. Lelp-1, Its Role in Atopic Dermatitis and Asthma: Poland and Portugal. J Allergy Ther. 2016;7:229.
- Liu W, et al. Dynamic Change of Serum Proteomics of Occupational Medicamentosa-like Dermatitis Induced by Trichloroethylene. J Clin Toxicol. 2015;5:275.
- Allen HB, et al. Autoimmune Diseases of the Innate and Adaptive Immune System including Atopic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Chronic Arthritis, Lyme Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease. Immunochem Immunopathol. 2015;1:112.
- Chakraborty N, et al. Leaves of Vallisneria Finds Source to Anti Dermatitis: Enriching Wetland Ecosystem. J Ecosys Ecograph. 2015;5:169.
- Fares F, et al. An Innovative Complex of Benzene-Poly-Carboxylic Acid and Molybdenum, for Prevention and Treatment of Radiation Dermatitis. Med chem. 2015;5:447-451.
- Genel S, et al. Immunological Reactions in Atopic Dermatitis and Possible Improvement of Probiotics. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:420.
- Kato Y, et al. Interstitial Granulomatous Dermatitis with Prominent Neutrophil Infiltration. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2015;6:270.
- Genel S, et al. Can the Probiotics Change the Spectrum of Atopic Dermatitis? Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:e175.
- Gaitan-Gaona F, et al. Primary Synovial Sarcoma of the Scalp: An Unusual Presentation. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:2.
- Sánchez-Vega JT, et al. Necrotic Arachnidism by Zorocrates guerrerensis First Case Reported in Mexico. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:2.
- Kilinc F, et al. Multiple Eccrine Spiradenom: A Rare Familial Women Case. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:2.
Â A, et al. A Rarely Seen Entity: Morbus Morbihan Disease. Clin Dermatol Res J. 2016;1:2.
- Brodell DW, et al. Healthcare Demographics and Specialty Variation in Atopic Dermatitis: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis. Clin Dermatol Res J. 20161:2.
- Iyengar B. Tumor Vascular Interaction in Melanomas and Neurogenesis: A Review. Pigmentary Disorders. 2014;1:112.
- Hyland PL, et al. Constitutive Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number in Peripheral Blood of Melanoma Families with and without CDKN2A Mutations. J Carcinogene Mutagene. 2014;S4:006.
- Colombino M, et al. Targeted Therapies in Melanoma: Knowledge, Resistance and Perspectives. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2014;S4:004.
- Paolino G, et al. Clinicopathological Predictive Factors of Melanoma Lung Metastases. J Integr Oncol. 2014;3:119.
- Sun Y, et al. Neoadjuvant Vemurafenib for Borderline Resectable Metastatic Melanoma to Liver: A Case Report. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2014;5:169.
- Matta AS. Melanoma and Hypoxia Melanoma is an Aggressive Skin Tumor. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:206.
- Weston C, et al. Host H67D Genotype Affects Tumor Growth in Mouse Melanoma. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2015;7:216-223.
- Paschali AN. The Role of Nuclear Medicine in Malignant Melanoma. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2015;6:237.
- Roy S, et al. Subcutaneous Malignant Melanoma developing in Congenital Giant Naevus with Complete Spontaneous Regression of Superficial Dermo-Epidermal Part: A Case Report. Pigmentary Disorders. 2015;2:196.
- Taravati P, et al. Paraneoplastic Vitelliform Retinopathy in Metastatic Cutaneous Melanoma: A Case Series. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015;6:438.
- Baldane S and Ozaslan E. A Case with Ileoileal Intussusception Secondary to Malignant Melanoma Metastasis. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2015;5:305.
- Bonifaz A, et al. Diaper Dermatitis in Elderly. J Dermatitis. 2016;1:106.
- Sugiura M and Sugiura K. Occupational Dermatitis Caused by Vulcanization Accelerator of Gloves. Occup Med Health Aff. 2016;4:253.
- Gupta SK, et al. An Overview of Airborne Contact Dermatitis. Air Water Borne Diseases. 2016;5:126.
- Kombate K, et al. Contact Dermatitis due to Tattoo Ink in Two Young Togolese Women. J Clin Exp Dermatol Res. 2016;7:369.