Neurology and its Importance
Sri Avinash K*
Pydah college of Engineering Patavala, Kakinada.
- *Corresponding Author:
- Sri Avinash K
Pydah college of Engineering, Kakinada
Received Date: 15/05/2015; Accepted Date: 21/05/2015; Published Date: 02/06/2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies
Neurology, Neurologist, geriatric neurology, physiotherapy, lumbar cut
Neurology is a branch of prescription managing issue of the sensory system. Neurology manages the finding and treatment of all classifications of conditions and malady including the focal and fringe sensory system (and its subdivisions, the autonomic sensory system and the substantial sensory system); including their blankets, veins, and all effector tissue, for example, muscle. Neurological practice depends vigorously on the field of neuroscience [1-10], which is the experimental investigation of the sensory system. An extensive number of neurological issue have been portrayed. These can influence the focal sensory system (cerebrum and spinal rope), the fringe sensory system, the autonomic sensory system and the strong framework. The medicinal forte concerned with the finding and treatment of disarranges of the sensory system, which incorporates the cerebrum, the spinal rope, and the nerves.
Neurology is a branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system. The nervous system is a complex, sophisticated system that regulates and coordinates body activities. It has two major divisions:
1. Central nervous system: the brain and spinal cord
2. Peripheral nervous system: all other neural elements, such as eyes, ears, skin, and other "sensory receptors"[11-23]
A doctor who specializes in neurology is called a neurologist. The neurologist treats disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, such as:
1. Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke
2. Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis
4.Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system
5.Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease
6. Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease)
7. Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy
8.Spinal cord disorders
9.Speech and language disorders
Neurologists do not perform surgery. If one of their patients requires surgery, they refer them to a neurosurgeon.A neurologist is a doctor spends significant time in neurology and prepared to research, or analyze and treat neurological disorders.[24-35] Neurologists might likewise be included in clinical exploration, clinical trials, and fundamental or translational examination. While neurology is a non- surgical forte, its comparing surgical claim to fame is neurosurgery. A neurologist is a specialist who spends significant time in treating illnesses of the sensory system. The sensory system involves the focal and fringe sensory system. This intricate framework includes the spinal rope and the mind.
Diseases, issue, and wounds that include the sensory system often oblige a neurologist's treatment.
Notwithstanding move on from restorative school and finishing a temporary position, neurologists finish three years' preparation in a neurology residency program
Since the sensory system is complex, a neurologist may have practical experience in a particular region. Subspecialties have advanced with a specific end goal to slender a specialist's core interest. In Case, a few specialists spend significant time in treating youngsters with neurological issues.
A few cases of subspecialties are
1. cerebral pain medication
2. clinical neuromuscular pathology
3. neurocritical consideration
5. geriatric neurology
6. autonomic issue
Ordinary Neurologist Procedures
With another patient, a neurologist will begin with a physical exam and a neurological exam. A neurological exam will test muscle quality, reflexes, and coordination. Since distinctive issue can have comparable side effects, specialists frequently require extra testing to make a finding. Neurologists take an interest in a mixture of strategies to help analyze or treat a condition. Commonplace strategies include:
1. Lumbar Puncture
In the event that a specialist accepts indications of a disease are identified with a spinal liquid contamination, he or she may perform a lumbar cut. The technique includes embeddings a needle into the spine and taking a specimen of spinal liquid.
2. Tensilon Test
This technique can help analyze certain neuromuscular issue. It includes the organization of edrophonium chloride.
Otherwise called an EEG, this test measures electrical movement in the mind.
Neurologists use different sorts of tests, also. Despite the fact that they may not perform the analytic test, they may arrange it, survey it, and decipher the outcomes.
To make a conclusion, a neurologist may utilize
1. computed tomography (CT) examines
2. magnetic reverberation imaging (MRI)
3. Positron emanation tomography (PET output)
Extra analytic techniques incorporate rest studies and angiography, which decides blockages in the veins heading off to the mind.
A neurological issue is any issue of the body material structure. Key, biochemical or electrical irregularities in the cerebrum, spinal rope or gathered nerves can appreciate a level of signs. Occasions of signs breaker loss of change, muscle insufficiency, poor coordination, loss of sensation, seizures, issue, misery and changed levels of affirmation [36-45]. There are different seen neurological issue, some unassumingly standard, yet particular excellent. They may be concentrated on by neurological examination, and considered and treated inside of the specialities of neurology and clinical neuropsychology. Interventions for neurological issue wire hindrance measures, way of life changes, physiotherapy or other treatment, neurorehabilitation, torment connection, pharmaceutical, or operations performed by neurosurgeons. The World Health Organization considered in 2006 that neurological issue and their sequelae (direct results) impact upwards of one billion individuals far and wide, and saw wellbeing uneven characters and social complaint/disseminate crucial issue adding to the related dissatisfaction and persisting [46-58].Despite the way that the mind and spinal rope are melded by confusing movies, encased in the bones of the skull and spinal vertebrae, and misleadingly bound by the recognized blood–brain limit, they are exceptionally uncovered if managed. Nerves have a tendency to lie tremendous under the skin however can at present find the opportunity to be shown to devilishness. Specific neurons, and the neural systems and nerves into which they shape, are weak against electrochemical and key check. Neuroregeneration may happen in the edges material structure and in this way overcome or work around wounds to some degree, it is thought to be exceptional in the cerebrum and spinal rope. The particular purposes behind neurological issues change, however can consolidate natural issue, regular mixtures from the standard or issue, diseases, way of life or average wellbeing issues including throbbing, and cerebrum hurt, spinal rope harm or nerve hurt. The issue may begin in another body structure that unites with the material structure[59-70]. A significant case, cerebrovascular issue wire character hurt in connection of issues with the veins (cardiovascular structure) supplying the cerebrum; resistant system issue consolidate malice brought on by the body's own ensured framework; lysosomal cutoff upsets, for occasion, Niemann-Pick illness can influence neurological breaking down.
A neurological examination can to some degree graph the effect of neurological harm and hopelessness on cerebrum work regarding lead, memory or appreciation. Behavioral neurology satisfies desires here. Besides, clinical neuropsychology utilizes neuropsychological examination to definitely see and track issues in mental working, for the most part after a mind hurt or neurological debilitating.
One space that can be endeavored is in layouts of idiopathic neurological responses - conditions where the reason can't be made. It can be picked infrequently, maybe by release of any obvious finding, that more huge whole cerebrum/mental movement is making responses, instead of the affirmations beginning in the zone of the material structure from which they may seem to begin [71-85]. On the other hand, a condition may first be seen through the zone of groupings from the standard in mental working, and further examination may demonstrate a fundamental neurological issue. There are sometimes dim purposes of constrainment in the limit between disarranges treated inside of neurology, and mental issue treated inside of the other obliging nature of psychiatry, or other excited wellbeing elucidations behind living, for occasion, clinical cerebrum science. On an exceptionally essential level, cases may present as one sort yet be surveyed as likewise fitting to the other [86-93]. Neuropsychiatry directs mental issue ascending out of particular saw ailments of the huge structure. Astonishing examples are "practical" seizures, material deadness, "utilitarian" limit shortcoming and obliging neurological need ("basic" in this setting is general climbed out of the old term "standard enduring"). Such cases may be illogicallly deciphered as being "mental" rather than neurological". Two or three cases may be doled out mental issue, for event as change issue, if the signs seem, by all accounts, to be, from each point, to be, from each edge, to be causally joined with vivacious states or reactions to social anxiety or social settings.
Obviously, partition propose halfway or complete aggravation of the joining of a man's insightful working, such that a man may feel isolated from one's slants, body and/or brief environment. At one surprising this may be analyzed as depersonalization issue [94-100]. There are also conditions saw as neurological where a man seems to intentionally select neurological holders that can't in any way, shape or structure be starting from the bit of the unmistakable system to which they would dependably be credited, for occasion, apparition anguish or synesthesia, or where appendages act without watchful heading, as in outsider hand issue. Hypotheses and suspicions about consideration, absolutely flexibility, moral commitment and social disappointment can have affect in this, whether from the viewpoint of the clinician or the pain in a head minority of events of neurological checks, no neural reason can be seen utilizing current testing datebooks, and such "idiopathic" conditions can welcome separating theories about what is occurred.
- Shirley D, Cherchi M, Hain TC (2015) Triceps Acoustically Evoked Myogenic Potentials in Patients with Spinal Cord Lesions. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:288.
- Grandy JK (2015) Alzheimer Disease and Human Consciousness: A Neurogenetic Connection. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:289.
- Cherchi M (2015) Paraneoplastic Upbeat Nystagmus in Renal Cell Carcinoma . J Neurol Neurophysiol 6: 287.
- Cherchi M, El-Kholy W, Shirley D, Hain TC (2015) Amplitude of Sound Evoked Triceps Myogenic Potential Scales with Force. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:286.
- Qiu F, Li T, Qian ZR, Song W, Liu J, et al. (2015) Comparative Study of Diagnostic Significance of Urethral Sphincter Electromyography and External Anal Sphincter Electromyography in Patients with Multiple System Atrophy . J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:285.
- Muñoz I, Guerrero AL (2015) The Importance of Psychopathological Assessment in Patients with Migraine. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:284.
- Cacciatori A, Castelli J and Grecco G (2015) Use of Transcranial Doppler for Monitoring Hepatic Encephalopathy. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:283.
- Monteiro CES, Nascimento-JÃºnior NM, Trachez MM, Tesch R, Mendes TCF, et al. (2015) Prevention and Reversal of Morphine-Induced Tolerance by Novel Muscarinic Receptor Agonist in Rats with Neuropathic Pain. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:282.
- Qiu F, Li T, Qian ZR, Song W, Liu J, et al. (2015) Fluoroacetamide Toxic Leukodystrophy Treated by Butylphthalide: A Case Report with a Review of the Literature. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:280.
- Vavrinkova B and Binder T (2015) Pregnancy and Delivery in Leyden-Möbius Muscular Dystrophy. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:279.
- Hamauchi A, Yasuno T, Nakashima H (2015) Spondylodiscitis Complicated by Chronic, Treatment-Dependent Nephrotic Syndrome. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:276.
- Inokuchi G, Yamashita D, Komatsu H, Fujita T, Hasegawa S, et al. (2015) Bilateral Hearing Loss as a Presentation of Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis . J Neurol Neurophysiol6:281
- Abeysinghe HCS, Bokhari L, Dusting GJ, Roulston C (2015) Cyclosporine A Reduces Glial Scarring and Facilitates Functional Recovery Following Transient Focal Ischemia . J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:277.
- Hotta S, Nagaoka T, Nakatani Y, Kambe T, Abe K, et al. (2015) Effects of IgM Anti-Galnac-GD1a Monoclonal Antibody on Neuromuscular Transmission and Calcium Channel Binding in the Rat Neuromuscular Junction. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:275.
- Moriuchi S, Dehara M, Shimizu T, Fukuya S, Fukunaga T, et al. (2015) Lumbar-Peritoneal Shunt followed by Donepezil Administration for Residual Cognitive Impairment in Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus: A Case Report. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:274.
- Weng YC, Chou WH (2015) Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin and Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 as Potential Biomarkers for Stroke: A Pilot Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:278.
- Balnyte R, Rastenyte D, Vaitkus A, Uloziene I, Vitkauskiene A, et al. (2015) Associations of HLA DRB1 Alleles with Igg Oligoclonal Bands and Their Influence on Multiple Sclerosis Course and Disability Status. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:268.
- Ossig C, Lindner C, Gerber J, Schaefer J (2015) Sinking Skin Flap Syndrome after Hemicraniectomy and Ventriculo-Peritoneal Shunt Overdrainage. J Neurol Neurophysiol6:272.
- Chayasirisobhon S, Cahan L, Choi SH, Enos B, Hwang J, et al. (2015) Efficacy of Neuromodulation Therapy with Vagus Nerve Stimulator in Patients with Drug-Resistant Epilepsy on Unchanged Antiepileptic Medication Regimen for 24 Months Following the Implant. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:268.
- Luo J (2015) A Practical Approach to Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:266.
- Veiga A, Matas A, Gabriel J, Martins MR (2015) Conus Terminallis Neurocysticercosis: A Rare Cause of Lumbar Radiculopathy. J Neurol Neurophysiol6:265.
- Daskalakis G, Papapanagiotou A (2015) Serum Markers for the Prediction of Preeclampsia. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:264.
- Torrado M, Silva H, Eusébio S, Fred A, Ouakinin S (2015) Alexithymia, Physiological Reactivity and Cognitive Appraisals of Emotional Stimuli in Opiate Dependents: A Pilot Study.. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:263.
- Rocha FT, Massad E, Thomaz CE, da Rocha AF (2015) EEG Brain Mapping of Normal and Learning Disabled Children Using Factor and Linear Discriminant Analyses. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:262.
- Ikemoto K, Uwano T, Nishimura A, Nishi K, Ono T, et al. (2015) Prenatal Maternal Stress Due to Repeated Exposure to A Cold Environment Affects Development of Catecholamine Neurons in Rat Offspring: An Imunohistochemical Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol6:271.
- Yoshinaga T, Nakamura K, Kaneko K, Nakamura A (2015) A Case Report of WEBINO Syndrome with Convergence Impairment. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:270.
- Matsuo K, Yokoyama M, Gonzalez-Fernandez M, Saitoh E, Kagaya H, et al. (2015) Effects of Food Consistencies and Mastication on Bolus Transport and Swallow Initiation in Individuals with Hemispheric Stroke. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:269.
- Yamamoto T, Inoguchi H, Sano Y, Kandori A, Murata M (2015) Assessment of A New Magnetic Device to Monitor Swallowing in Parkinson’s Disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol 6:267.
- Sofiene B, Asma B, Adenane B, Nidhal M, Jalel BSK,et al. (2014) Primary Spinal Epidural Rhabdomyosarcoma of the Upper Thoracic Spine. J Spine 3:193.
- Guo N, Gu X, Xie Y, Zhao J, Xie Q, et al. (2014) Sciatic Nerve Neuropathy in Cynomolgus Monkey Macaca Fascicularis: Altered Leg Usage and Peripheral Nerve Firing. 5:247.
- Shimizu Y, Yamamoto S, Fukumoto D, Ohba H, Kakiuchi T, et al. (2014) LoudNoise Exposure during Activity and Neurogenesis in the Living Rat Brain: Preliminary Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:253.
- Lee A, Rajaratnam R (2014) Tailoring the Novel Anticoagulants to the Stroke Patient – One Size Does Not Fit All Novel Anticoagulants in Stroke. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:248.
- Pavlova MK, Yazdani S, Bubrick EJ (2014) Unexpected EEG Abnormalities in Adults with Parasomnia â€“ A Case Series. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:246.
- MartÃnez HR, GonzÃ¡lez-Garza MT, Moreno-Cuevas JE, Caro-Osorio E, Gil-Valadez A, et al. (2014) Increase of Pyramidal Tract Fractional Anisotropy on MRI after Stem Cell Transplantation in ALS Patients. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:244.
- Oguro H, Nakagawa T, Mitaki S, Ishihara M, Onoda K, et al (2014) Randomized Trial of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Apathy and Depression in Parkinsonâ€™s Disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:242.
- Phillip D, Schytz HW, Iversen HK, Selb J, Boas DA, et al. (2014) Spontaneous Low Frequency Oscillations in Acute Ischemic Stroke â€“A Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:241.
- Korayem HE, Abdo M, Naim MM, Yones SE, Hosny S (2014) Potential Therapeutic Effect of Hematopoietic Stem Cells on Cerebellar Ataxia in Adult Female Rats Subjected to Cerebellar Damage by Monosodium Glutamate. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:240.
- Cecatto (2015) Functional Recovery after Motor Cortical Stroke Related to Cerebellum Activity.J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:245.
- Shinoura N, Yamada R, Hatori K, Sato H, Kimura K (2014) Stress Hormone Levels in Awake Craniotomy and Craniotomy under General Anesthesia. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:256.
- Ishii N, Mochizuki H, Shiomi K, Nakazato M (2014) High-Frequency Oscillation and Recovery Functions of Somatosensory Evoked Potentials in Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type 1â€“Associated Myelopathy. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:254.
- Kubiszewska J, Kostera-Pruszczyk A (2014) Severe Course of Juvenile Grave’s Disease accompanied by Myasthenia Gravis . J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:259.
- Ressner P, Nilius P, Berankova D, Srovnalova-Zakopcanova H, Bartova P, et al. (2014) Computer-Assisted Cognitive Rehabilitation in Stroke and Alzheimer’s disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:260.
- Joanna S, Playford DE, Radford KA (2014) What Is 'Early Intervention' for Work Related Difficulties for People with Multiple Sclerosis? A Case Study Report. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:252.
- Zapata-Sudo G, Sudo SZ, Alencar AKN, Sudo RT (2014) Targeting of the Adenosine Receptors as A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Arterial Hypertension . J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:243
- Soltani Z, Khaksari M, Amiresmaili S, Naderi V, Jafari E, et al. (2014) Can Soy Diet be Protective in Severe and Diffuse Traumatic Brain Injury?. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:249.
- Al-Khaled M, Awwad H, Matthis C, Bruning T (2014) TIA-Treatment: Stroke Units versus General Wards Mono-Center Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:258.
- William YJ (2014) Neurological Implications in the Treatment of Myopia by Means of Orthoculogy. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:257.
- Delacroix S, Chokka RC, Worthley SG (2014) Hypertension: Pathophysiology and Treatment. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:250.
- McDonald KR, Chilman E, Barraclough M, Elliott R, Leroi I (2014) Personality Style in Behavioural Disturbances in Parkinsonâ€™s Disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:251.
- Thiruppathy K, Preziosi G, Bajwa A, Sharma P, Cerdeira M, et al. (2014) Multiple Sclerosis Related Bowel Dysfunction: Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestation and Management. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:255
- Cerf M and Barnett SB (2014) Epilepsy — Eavesdropping on the Conversations of Rebellious Neurons. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:237.
- Tekin R, Dal T, Çevik MU, Bozkurt F, Deveci Ö, et al. (2012) Fourteen Year Surveillance of Nosocomial Infections in Neurology Unit. J Bacteriol Parasitol 3:149.
- Shim YS, Yoon B, Hong YJ, Cho AH, Shim DS, et al. (2014) Ankle-Brachial Pressure Index and Pulse Wave Velocity as Markers of White Matter Hyperintensities and Cognitive Impairment. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:239.
- Hu WT, Hazim M, Hales CM, Lah JL, Levey AI (2014) CSF and Neuropsychological Correlates of Visual Hallucination in Dementia with Lewy Bodies. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:238.
- Chen X, Hui L, Geiger J (2014) Role of LDL Cholesterol and Endolysosomes in Amyloidogenesis and Alzheimerâ€™s Disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:236.
- Ouardouz M (2014) GDPÃŸS Activates Excitatory Synapses in CA1 Pyramidal Cells by Disinhibiting the PKA Activating Pathway. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:235.
- Dobkowska EE, Stepniak I, Rajkiewicz M, Krysa W, Rakowicz M, et al. (2014) Familial 15q11.2 Micro deletions are not Fully Penetrant in Two Cases with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia and Dysmorphic Features. J Genet Syndr Gene Ther 5:247.
- Alkuraishy H, Algareeb A, Albuhadilly A, Almgoter B (2014) Modulation Effects of Piracetam and Ginkgo Biloba on the Cognitive and Working Memory Functions: Psychometric Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:234.
- Takahashi S, Yamamoto S, Tanaka R, Okayama A, Araki A, et al. (2014) A Novel Mutation in the SCN4A Gene in a Japanese Family with Paramyotonia Congenita. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:233.
- 60. Lapchak PA, Lara JA, Boitano PD (2014) 4-((1E)-2-(5-(4-hydroxy-3- methoxystyryl-)-1-phenyl- 1H-pyrazoyl-3-yl) vinyl)-2-methoxy-phenol) (CNB-001) Does Not Regulate Human Recombinant Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase1B (PTP1B) Activity in vitro. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:232.
- Galeote A, Bastien L, Viruega H, Gaviria M (2014) Neurological Rehabilitation after Severe Traumatic Brain Injury, New Tools New Hopes: The Hippo Therapy Approach. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:231.
- Baloch S, Kumar A, Devarajani B, Baloch M (2014) Neurotoxic Effects of Elevated CSF Aspartic and Glutamic Acids in Cerebral Malarial Patients. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:230.
- Taha M and Albaradi R (2014) Insertion of Vagus Nerve Stimulation in a Child with Left Sided VP Shunt. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:229.
- Jie F (2014) Research Advances on the Treatment of Myoclonus-Dystonia Syndrome. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:228.
- Zhao L, Du H, Li B, Wu S, Lin N, et al. (2014) The Impact of Physiological Features on External Anal Sphincter Electromyography. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:227.
- Millier A, Briquet B, Georges N, Murthy V, Toumi M (2014) Reasons for Aripiprazole Discontinuation in Schizophrenia â€“ A Retrospective. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:226.
- Roongpiboonsopit D, Chutinet A, Suwanwela N (2014) Radiation-Induced Cerebral Micro bleeds. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:225.
- Taha M, Balla S, Hussien A, Dafaalla M (2014) Stigma of Epilepsy among Patients and their Relatives Attending Charity Clinic, Omdurman-Sudan, June, 2012. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:224.
- Onofri E, Mercuri M, Salesi M, Ricciardi MR, Archer T, et al. (2014) Cognitive Performance Deficits and Dysgraphia in Alzheimerâ€™s Disease Patients. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:223.
- Pawar AS, Barve KH, Patel A, Raje A, Addepalli VA (2014) A Possible Mechanism of Antidepressant like Effect of Recombinant Human Erythropoietin. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:222.
- Zhang B, Chen P, Shen M, Ding X, Zhu H (2014) The Dynamic Measurement of Procalcitonin in Neonatal Purulent Meningitis . J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:221.
- Karen Liu PY, Chetwyn Chan CH, Tulliani N, Marcus CK, Leonard Li SW (2014) Rehabilitation Programme to Promote Task Relearning and Generalisation after Stroke: A Review of Literature. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:220.
- Saeed S, Amir Ali S, Oger Joe (2014) The Use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis: An Overview of Open Labels and Ongoing Studies. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:219
- Mohapatra S, Swain BM, Mohanty J (2014) Prognostic Evaluation of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis Using Clinical and Mr Sequences. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:218.
- Navarro-Otano J, Mengual JJ, Cervera A, Compta Y and Valldeoriola F (2014) Unawareness of Involuntary Nature of Hemichoreahemiballism due to Acute Cortical Stroke. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:217.
- Hoffmann M, Brock C (2014) Dolichoectasia - A Posterior Circulation, Large Vessel Vasculopathy with Unique Clinical and Radiologic Features. J Neurol Neurophysiol5:216.
- van der Kruijs SJM, Vonck KEJ, Feijs LMG, Bodde NMG, Lazeron RHC, et al. (2014) Autonomic Nervous System Functioning Associated with Epileptic Seizures: Analysis of Heart Rate Variability. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:215.
- Persinger MA, Koren SA, St Pierre LS (2014) Applications of Weak, Complex Magnetic Fields that Attenuate EAE in Rats to a Human Subject with Moderately Severe Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:213.
- Sharma B, Sannegowda BR, Panagariya A, Gupta P (2014) â€œJAW CLONUSâ€ â€“ A Rare yet Fascinating Clinical Sign in Neurology. J Neurol Disord 2:161.
- Lapchak PA, Boitano PD (2014) Effect of the Pleiotropic Drug CNB-001 on Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) Protease Activity in vitro: Support of Combination Therapy to Treat Acute Ischemic Stroke. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:214.
- Racosta JM, Kremenchutzky M (2014) The Role of Autonomic Dysregulation from Pathophysiology to Therapeutics of Multiple Sclerosis: A Putative Novel Treatment Target?. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:212.
- Keller C, Stetefeld H (2014) Decompressive Hemicraniectomy Remains a Physicianâ€™s Individual Decision. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:211.
- Iqbal N, Caswell HL, Duncan S (2014) The Effects of Sub-Clinical EEG on Cognition; A Case of Two Patients with JME. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:210.
- Wheeler CJ, Seksenyan A, Koronyo Y, Rentsendorj A, Sarayba D, et al. (2014) T-Lymphocyte Deficiency Exacerbates Behavioral Deficits in the 6-OHDA Unilateral Lesion Rat Model for Parkinsonâ€™s Disease. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:209.
- Mao CJ, Chen JP, Zhang XY, Li J, Xiong KP, Chen Y, Li SJ, Hu WD, et al., (2014) Prominent Non- Motor Symptoms in Patients with Parkinsonâ€™s Disease and Pain. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:208.
- Haegert DG (2014) Premature Thymic Involution and Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:207.
- Oleen-Burkey M, Pardo G, Zwibel H, Denney D (2014) Examining the Influence of Behavioral Factors on Compliance and Persistence with Glatiramer Acetate Injection for Relapsing- Remitting Multiple Sclerosis . J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:205.
- Rego CCS, Pereira V, Andrea-Meira I, Viana SVB, Oliveira R, et al., (2014) Praxis-Induced Myoclonic Seizures are Significantly Associated with Different Self-Perception Trigger Factors. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:204.
- Ziegler MS, Scalco S, Zardo EDA, Becker J and Gomes I (2014) Electromyography and Nerve Conduction Studies in Patients with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: Is Neurophysiological Examination an Important Tool?. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:203.
- Nathalie E, Diana O, Amaya S, Marc D, Lucien R, et al. (2014) Short-Term Memory Impairment Sparing the Central Executive in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis?. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:202.
- Tenembaum SN and Garrahan JP (2014) Review on Recent Advances in Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:016.
- Ismail R, Zeid NA and Khoury S (2014) Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy can be a Radiologic Mimicker of Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol NeurophysiolS12:015.
- Suski J, Goldman M (2014) Demyelinating Lesion Isolated to the Lateral Geniculate Nucleus. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:S12-014.
- Sorenson M, Jason L, Peterson J, Herrington J, Mathews H (2014) Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor is Decreased in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:S2-013.
- Li L, Chopp M, Nejad-Davarani SP, Jafari-Khouzani K, Patel SP, et al. (2014) Perfusion and Diffusion Abnormalities of Multiple Sclerosis Lesions and Relevance of Classified Lesions to Disease Status. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:012.
- Gu Z, Li F, Zhang YP, Shields LBE and Hu X (2014) Apolipoprotein E Mimetic Promotes Functional and Histological Recovery in Lysolecithin-Induced Spinal Cord Demyelination in Mice. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:S12-010.
- Zagon IS, McLaughlin PJ (2014) Endogenous Opioids and the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol Neurophysiol S12:011.
- Kikkawa Y, Matsuo S, Hokama M, Kurogi R, Nakamizo A, et al. (2014) Gene Expression Profiling and Bioinformatic Analysis of Rabbit Basilar Artery after Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:201.
- Sammarco A, Orasanu B, Mahajan S (2014) The Bladder in MS: A Review. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:200.
- Olascoaga-Urtaza J, Meca-Lallana V, Hernández-Clares R, Ramió-Torrentà L, Pérez D, et al. (2014) Quality of Life, Depression, Sexual Dysfunction and Work Absenteeism in Relapsing- Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Patients Starting Glatiramer Acetate as First-Line Treatment: A Prospective Cohort Study. J Neurol Neurophysiol 5:199.