Shifting Focus of Primary Health Care in Health Systems
M.Sc Biotechnology,Bhopal University,Bhopal,India.
- *Corresponding Author:
- S. Suhasini
Msc Biotechnology,Department of Microbiology &Biotechnology,Bhopal University,Bhopal,M.P,India
Received: 04/20/2015 Accepted:04/28/2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences
It is crucial to adapt and improve the (primary) health care systems of nations to organize for future patient profiles and their connected desires. Even so hierarchic ordinal in terms of potency of health care, Singapore is facing important health care challenges. Medical aid nurse practitioners have a vital role within the interference, recognition, and management of contagious disease.
Health systems, WHO, Nursing care, Primary Health, polygenic disorder, nurse practitioners.
The straightforward resolution would be to cut back the quantity or length of current accessible medical aid placements at intervals all health disciplines. this selection, however, isn't well supported by either students or employers United Nations agency expect that clinical competency is developed by applying data and skills within the clinical setting [1-4]. Whereas there's some proof that implies that clinical placements aren't a important element of health professionals education , the prevailing read is that the “theoretical cognitive content and psychological feature development of pros cannot be separated from practice” [6-8]. An efficient primary health care system is important in rising the health of a population and reducing inequalities per international proof, a powerful primary health care system is related to lower death rates, additionally as fewer premature deaths from a spread of conditions [9-12].
The year 2008 celebrated thirty years of Primary Health Care (PHC) policy rising from the Alma Ata Declaration with publication of 2 key reports, the globe Health Report 2008 and also the Report of the Commission on the Social Determinants of Health. Each report reaffirmed the connexion of PHC in terms of its vision and values in today's world. However, necessary challenges in terms of process PHC, equity and authorization got to be addressed [13-15].
This article takes the shape of a writing reviewing developments within the last thirty years and discusses the longer term of this policy. 3 challenges square measure argue for discussion (i) the challenge of moving far from a slender technical bio-medical paradigm of health to a broader social determinants approach and also the got to differentiate medical aid from primary health care; (ii) The challenge of endeavor the equity implications of the market minded reforms and guaranteeing that the role of the State within the provision of welfare services isn't any weakened; and (iii) the challenge of finding ways in which to develop local people commitments particularly in terms of authorization [16-20].
Primary health care serves a dual function in the health care system
Direct provision of first-contact services (by providers such as family physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and telephone advice lines); and a coordination function to ensure continuity and ease of movement across the system, so that care remains integrated when Canadians require more specialized services [21-24].
Responsiveness to community needs is a key element of primary health care [25-28]. Therefore, the range and configuration of services may vary from one community to another: there is no "one size fits all" model. Similarly, there may be various governance and funding models. Primary health care services often include:
• Prevention and treatment of common diseases and injuries
• Basic emergency services
• Referrals to/coordination with other levels of care (such as hospitals and specialist care)
• Primary mental health care
• Palliative and end-of-life care
• Health promotion
• Healthy child development
• Primary maternity care
• Rehabilitation services
The primary care system in Singapore received a mean of 9 out of thirty attainable points. Lowest ratings got to earnings of medical aid physicians compared to specialists, demand for twenty-four unit of time accessibility of medical aid services, customary of family practice in tutorial departments, reflection of community served by practices in patient lists, and therefore the access to specialists while not having to be referred by medical aid physicians [29-32]. Singapore was categorised as a ‘low’ medical aid country per the consultants. proof for the advantages of medical aid-oriented health systems is strong across a large kind of varieties of studies: International comparisons Population studies at intervals countries –across areas with completely different medical aid physician/population ratios –studies folks|of individuals} planning to differing types of practitioners Clinical studies –of people planning to facilities/practitioners differing in adherence to primary care practices [33-36].
WHO has known 5 key parts to achieving that Goal
• reducing exclusion and social disparities in health (universal coverage reforms)
• Organizing health services around people's desires and expectations (service delivery reforms) [37-40]
• integrating health into all sectors (public policy reforms)
• pursuing cooperative models of policy dialogue (leadership reforms)
• increasing neutral participation.
Globally, there has been an apparent rise in social expectation among the voters on health care, and tries area unit being created to ensure that “their voice and selection resolutely influence the means during which health services area unit designed and operated”[41-46]. During a recent PHC review by the Pan yankee Health Organisation, this angle became clearer because the “right to the best gettable level of health”, “maximizing equity and solidarity” whereas being radio-controlled by “responsiveness to people’s needs” . The health systems ought to answer the challenges of achanging world and growing expectations for higher performance if the goal of health for all would ever be achieved.Paste your text here and click on "Next" to observe this text rewrite man do it' s factor [47-50].
Primary care is the cornerstone for building a powerful tending system that ensures positive health outcomes and health equity [51,52]. Within the past century, there has been a transition in tending from that specialize in disease-oriented etiologies to examining the interacting influences of things nonmoving in culture, race/ethnicity, policy, and setting. Such a transition concerned person/family-focused and community-oriented medical aid services to be provided during a continuous and coordinated manner so as to satisfy the health wants of the population. In 2001, the globe Health Organization (WHO) planned a worldwide goal of achieving universal medical aid within the six domains established by the 1978 Alma-Ata Declaration: initial contact, longitudinality, comprehensiveness, coordination, person or family-centeredness, and community orientation. These six attributes, prearranged internationally, have proved effective in distinctive breadth of medical aid services and observance medical aid quality [53-56].However, despite close to accord round the world that medical aid may be a important element of any tending system, there's a substantial imbalance between primary and specialty care within the u. s. (USA) and plenty of different elements of the globe. For instance, in the USA, in 2008, among 954,224 total doctors of drugs, 784,199 were actively active and 305,264 were active in medical aid specialties (32% of the whole and thirty ninth of actively active physicians) [57-60]. The proportion of specialists was over hr of all patient care physicians.The major actuation behind the increasing range of medical specialists is that the development of medical technology. The fast advances in medical technology endlessly swollen the diagnostic and therapeutic choices at the disposal of medico specialists [61-65]. The bulk of patients, considerably free of money constraints because of third-party insurance payment, have turned to physicians World Health Organization will offer them with the foremost up-to-date, subtle treatment. Hence, the fast advance of medical technology contributes to the demand for specialty services and provides an impetus for any specialty development. In addition, considerably higher insurance compensation for specialists relative to medical aid physicians additionally contributes to this imbalance [66-68]. beneath the resource-based relative price scale (RBRVS), enforced for North American nation health care medico payment, medical aid medicos still receive lower payments than specialists for comparable work as a result of physician payments area unit supported traditionally determined, calculable observe prices also as total work effort [69-70]. Moreover, several insurance corporations can pay for hospital-based complicated diagnostic and invasive procedures exploitation technology, however not for routine preventive visits and consultations. Such practices not solely encourage medical students’ career decisions in subspecialties and active physicians’ provision of intensive specialty services, however additionally discourage the supply of vital medical aid services and deter patients from early care-seeking behavior [71-74].
Currently, in distinction to a number of its industrial peers, the North American country tending system is far additional heavily inclined toward specialty care [75,76], though fifty one.3% of workplace visits were to medical aid physicians in 2008, solely regarding tierce of active physicians concentrate on medical aid , a mixture of medical aid physicians, nurse practitioners (NPs), and doc assistants (PAs) comprise the calculable four hundred,000 medical aid suppliers within the USA, with physicians conducive the biggest portion (74%) . Scopes of follow for NPs and PAs have broadened in many nations in recent years, sanctioning these suppliers to require on additional responsibilities within the provision of care. However, the distribution of medical aid suppliers within the USA is uneven, with 5,902 communities selected as medical aid caregiver shortage areas .Changes to the Medicare fee schedule (which had antecedently favored specialists in compensation rates) , support for Title VII health professions coaching programs [80-83], and therefore the recent ACA area unit some samples of policies that have tried to strengthen the role of medical aid at intervals the North American country tending system.
Some consultants have prompt that the ACA and therefore the aging population can place Associate in nursing enlarged burden on the first care force within the USA, conducive to a severe force shortage within the future . though regarding tierce of active physicians add medical aid, but a fourth of current graduate school graduates area unit following careers in medical aid fields, and plenty of medical aid physicians area unit projected to retire in returning years, raising further issues that the longer term North American country medical aid force are unable to reply to the growing demand for medical aid . an element conducive to the little proportion of graduating medical students that pursue residencies in medical aid is that the considerably lower salaries in these fields, a trend that has continuing despite some efforts to cut back this inequality [86,87]. Similarly, so as to incentivize suppliers to simply accept patients recently eligible for health care beneath the reforms, the ACA briefly raises compensation for PCPs serving health care patients to identical level as Medicare reimbursements . However, a study found that those states that have a coffee offer of PCPs serving health care enrollees have already got higher compensation levels [89-91]. Therefore, this increase could have very little impact in increasing the provision of PCPs out there to worry for underprivileged teams, like the health care population.In order to handle these fears, additional analysis is required on the capabilities and capacities of the present angel dust force, likewise as projections regarding however it'll amendment over time. Indeed, a 2011 Henry M. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) report observes that force projections area unit difficult . The report cautions that though the force is probably going to be strained by the country’s ever-changing demographics and increasing demand beneath the ACA, different clinicians, like NPs and PAs, additionally to new team-based models of care, could amendment medical aid force desires in unlooked-for ways that . even so, the irregular distribution of suppliers within the USA remains a big issue that's seemingly to continue inhibiting access to medical aid services among specific segments of the population and insure geographic regions .Next steps and future directions are known to strengthen the first care infrastructure abroad and within the USA. To start, there has been increasing interest in exploring however medical aid and public health would possibly higher coordinate so as to support population health improvement efforts [95,96]. A review of literature on the coordination of medical aid with public health suggests that combinatory efforts will cause enhancements within the management of chronic diseases, management of communicable diseases, and in maternal and kid health . Additionally, there's would like for extra clarification on the distinctive roles of medical aid and public health and therefore the ways that during which these sectors will work along . Within the USA particularly, new models of delivering care through patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) and responsible care organizations (ACOs) need team-based approaches to worry with a significant stress on medical aid. As antecedently mentioned, some consultants recommend that the shift to those models for delivering care would force Associate in Nursing enlarged offer of medical aid suppliers [99-100]. whereas others note that small is definitively better-known regarding however these models of care can impact supplier productivity .
This revived interest in up medical aid capability has semiconductor diode to some suggested initiatives for enhancing the stature of medical aid within the USA, as well as increasing Title VII funding to raised support the education of medical aid suppliers that comply with follow in underserved communities [69,70]; addressing wage disparities between PCPs and specialists by ever-changing Medicare’s resource-based relative worth scale to present additional equal compensation, that additionally influences non-public insurance compensation rates ; exploring the role that different medical aid suppliers, like NPs and PAs, will play in reducing burdens on medical aid physicians . further analysis is clearly needed; topics that ought to be examined embody the ways and tools for conducting analysis on medical aid, clinical problems with connection to the follow of medical aid, medical aid service delivery, health systems (including the social and political factors moving medical aid provision), and the way to boost the education and coaching of medical aid suppliers .
- AlNemer KAet al. A Multicenter Study of Factors Affecting Patient’s Satisfaction Visiting Primary Health Care Clinics in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Fam Med MedSci Res.2015; 4:169.
- Almomani N etal.A Quality of Life and Affective Health of Patients with Vitiligo. J SleepDisord Ther.2015; 4: 190.
- Nicolellis F. An Early Report on a Local Project about Primary Health Care to Improve the Communication and the Compliance in the Elderly for Vaccine Campaigns against Influenza. J Vaccines Vaccin.2015; 6: 267.
- Cáceres MC et al. Trends in Antihypertensive Drug Use in Spanish Primary Health Care (1990-2012). AdvPharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf.2015; 3: 172.
- Cantin C. Opportunities to Improve the Role of Family Practice Nurses in Increasing the Uptake of Evidence-Based Smoking Cessation Interventions for Pregnant Women: An Exploratory Survey. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 174.
- Rhys GC. Spiritual Discussion: Relevance, Benefits and Application to Primary Care Consultations. Primary Health Care.2014; 5: 178.
- Malqvist M. Linking Community with Primary Health Care through Peer Support in Swaziland. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 176
- Hailu G and Abajobir AA. Assessment of Functionality of Health Extension Workers and Its Determinants in East Gojam, Northwest Ethiopia: A Comparative Cross-Sectional Study. Primary Health Care.2015; 4: 175..
- Bishaw W et al. Birth Preparedness and Complication Readiness and Associated Factors among Pregnant Women in Basoliben District, Amhara Regional State, Northwest Ethiopia, 2013. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 171.
- Getachew T et al. Focused Antenatal Care Service Utilization and Associated Factors in Dejen and Aneded Districts, Northwest Ethiopia. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 170.
- Parker DR etal.The Brown Primary Care Initiative Design for Strategies towards Patient-Centered Medical Home Practice Transformation. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 173.
- Houck PD.An Unusual Case of Dyspnea. Primary Health Care.2014 4: 169.
- Mollaoglu M andSolmazG.Analysis of Healthy LifestlyeBehaviours of Hypertensive Patients. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 168.
- Abosede and Sholeye.Strengthening the Foundation for Sustainable Primary Health Care Services in Nigeria. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 167.
- Schuster RJ et al. A Cross-Cultural Analysis of Physician Management of Obesity. Comparing the US, France, Israel and Japan: Little Interest and Little Success. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 166
- Shrivastava SR et al.A Systematic Review to Explore the Scope of Interventions to Minimize the Incidence of Congenital Anomalies. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 164..
- Banning M.Pakistani Women’s Perceptions and Experiences of the Psychological Impact of Advanced Breast Cancer. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 163.
- MwendaAS.Through the Eyes of a General Surgeon; Why Surgical Specialists in Sub Saharan Africa Need to Train in General Surgery First. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 162.
- Givens DI and Hobbs DA .Milk and Dairy Products: Dietary Partners for Life?. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 161.
- Banda RP et al. Levels of TB Knowledge among Primary Healthcare Workers in Ntcheu District, Malawi. Epidemiology (Sunnyvale).2014; 4: 175.
- AdebowaleT et al. Evaluation of a Mental Health Training Course for Primary Health Care Workers in Ogun State, South West, Nigeria. J Psychiatry.2014; 17: 1000141
- Dlatu et al. Determinants of Awareness about of Mental Health Care Act 17 to be integrated into Primary Health Care System at King SabataDalindyebo Municipality. J Psychiatry.2014; 17: 1000139.
- Gemalasariet al. Education-Oriented Control Book for Patients with Hypertension in Primary Health Care. J Community Med Health Educ.2014; 4: 296.
- Abyot E et al. Capacity Buildings of Traditional Medicine Practitioners’ As a Primary Health Care Workers in Gondar Town, Northwest Ethiopia. J HomeopAyurv Med.2014; 3: 1000151
- Shrivastava SR. A Community-Targeted and Scientifically Formulated Approach to Remould Health Behaviour: Behaviour Change Communication. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: e112.
- Shrivastava SR et al. Public Health Measures to Combat the Menace of Drug Abuse. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: e110.
- Mane AbhayB.Leprosy on the Rise in India: Need to Adopt Enhanced Strategy for its Control. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: e109
- Roy AN andMadhavanS.Patient Reported Health-related Quality of Life in Co-morbid Insomnia: Results from a Survey of Primary Care Patients in the United States. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 160..
- Nakagawa K.Relationship between Muscle Strength and Elbow Push Test in Shoulder Evaluation. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 159
- MaryEllen Wells and AuburneOverton.Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorders. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 158.
- Mohammed Ahmed WA etal.Innovative Participatory Health Education (IPHE): It’s Effect on Mothers’ Knowledge, Behavior; and Under Five Year-Old Children Household Accidents Rate. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 156.
- Wang L and Tormala . Integrating Spatial and Aspatial Factors in Measuring Accessibility to Primary Health Care Physicians: A Case Study of Aboriginal Population in Sudbury, Canada. J Community Med Health Educ.2014; 4: 284.
- Mane AbhayB.India Defeats Polio: Historical Health Milestone for Global Polio Eradication. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: e107.
- Banning M. The Human Element of Breast Cancer: Insights from Pakistan. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 154.
- Saridi M et al. An Educational Intervention in Primary School Students Regarding Sun Protection: A Pilot Study. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 153.
- GhoshA .General Practice and Medicare Locals, Best Placed to Curb Australia’s Chronic Disease Epidemic. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 151.
- Zegeye K et al. The Role of Geographical Access in the Utilization of Institutional Delivery Service in Rural JimmaHorro District, Southwest Ethiopia. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 150
- Hyseni K et al. Structural Changes in Primary Health Care for the Implementation of the Concept of Family Medicine. General Med.2013;2: 128
- AsarnowJR et al. Depression and Health Risk Behaviors: Towards Optimizing Primary Care Service Strategies for Addressing Risk. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 152..
- Paul Silverston.The Importance of Teaching Risk Assessment and Safety-Netting Skills in Primary Care. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 146.
- Knapp C et al. Congruence between Staff and Lead Physician’s Ability to Adapt to Change in a Pediatric Medical Home Project. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 147
- Amina MD and Regmi K.A Quantitative Survey on the Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices on Emergency Contraceptive Pills among Adult Female Students of a Tertiary Institution in Kaduna, Nigeria. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 148.
- Mane Abhay B andKhandekar Sanjay V.Strengthening Primary Health Care ThroughAsha Workers: A Novel Approach in India. Primary Health Care.2014; 4: 149.
- Hartmans C .The Doctor’s New Clothes: Professional or Fashionable? Primary Health Care.2014; 3:145.
- BaratieriT.Evaluation of Primary Health Care in Brazil: A Literature Review. Primary Health Care.2014; 3: 144.
- Cooper JL and ArataniY . Stalled on the Roadmap? The Status ofCultural and Linguistic Competence-related Policies that Impact Children’s Mental Health in the United States. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 143.
- Ladds E et al. Attitudes of Danish and UKGeneral Practitioners towards Early Diagnosis and Management of Dementia: An Exploratory Qualitative Study. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 142.
- Asiri N et al. Patients’ Satisfaction with Health Education Services at Primary Health Care Centers in Riyadh, KSA. J Community Med Health Educ.2013; 4: 268.
- Shrivastava SR et al.TuberculosisControl in India: Path to Achieve the Millennium Development Goal. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 141
- WahoushO.Primary Health Care: Provider Perspectives on their Services for Preschool Children in Refugee & Refugee Claimant Families. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 140..
- Lara-Cinisomo S et al .Recommendations for Counselors and Community Service Providers Working with Military Families. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 139.
- Mbwele B et al.Qualityof Neonatal Health Care: Learning From Health Workers’ Experiences in Critical Care in Kilimanjaro Region, Northeast Tanzania. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 138.
- MajumdarB.Stigma as a Barrier to HIV Prevention among an Indian-Immigrant Population in Canada: A Qualitative Study. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 137.
- Regmi K and RandhawaG.Access to Healthcare: Issues of Measure and Method. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 136.
- McMaughan D et al.The Methusian Catastrophe. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 135.
- Walji R et al. Feasibility and Acceptance of a Novel Nutrition and Exercise Intervention to Manage Excess Gestational Weight Gain: Focus group study in Ontario, Canada. Primary Health Care.2013; 3: 134.
- Garcia-Ortega I et al. Implementing an Educational Program to Enhance Identification, Diagnosis and Treatment of Adolescent Depression into Primary Care in Guatemala. Family Med Medical Sci Res.2013; 2:104
- DaboulMW.Primary Health Care: An Overview. J Gen Pract.2013; 1: 102.
- ParvinR.Primary Health Care. J Gen Pract.2013;1: e101
- RegmiK.Health Sector Reform-Decentralisation: What would be the ‘Next Move’? Primary Health Care.2013; S6: e001
- Puthussery S et al. Health Care Commissioning: The UK Health Policy Reforms. Primary Health Care.2013; S5: e001..
- Robinson BE et al.An Evidence-Based Guideline for the Frequency of Optometric Eye Examinations. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:121
- Al JurayyanNAM.Labial Agglutination (Adhesion) in Pre-Pubertal Girls. What a Primary Care Physician Should Know? Primary Health Care.2012; 2:128..
- Shimizu HE etal.Users’ Perceptions of the Performance of the Family Health Strategy in the Greater Brasilia Area, Brazil. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:127
- Al Jurayyan AN et al. Should Paediatricians be Familiar with Osteoporosis? Primary Health Care.2012; 2:122.
- Fagan AT et al. Exploring Safety Culture and Patient Outcomes in Academic Health Science Centers: A Pilot Study of Methodology. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:126.
- Bäck I and MäkeläK.Opinions and Attitudes of Health Care Staff towards Mobile Phone Messaging. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:125.
- Edirne T.Is Evidence-Based Medicine Appropriate in Primary Care? Primary Health Care.2012; 2:e108
- Abosede OA etal.Establishing a Sustainable Ward Health System in Nigeria: Are Key Implementers Well Informed? J Community Med Health Educ.2012; 2:164..
- Gowin E et al. Barriers in theDelivery of Preventive Procedures in Primary Health Care. Family Med Medical SciRes.2012; 1:101.
- de Pontes HT et al. Supervised Physical Activity and Metabolic Syndrome Components of Women Assisted in Primary Health Care. J Metabolic Synd.2012; 1:111.
- RegmiK.Multi-Level Governance: An Approach to Reform Decentralised Primary Healthcare Services. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:e107.
- SchoenfelderT.Patient Satisfaction: A Valid Indicator for the Quality of Primary Care? Primary Health Care.2012; 2:e106.
- Sandmark H et al. Factors Associated with falls in Elderly Living at Home in Sweden. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:124.
- Chong K et al. Psychometric Performance of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) 4.0 Adult Health Plan Survey. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:123.
- Gupta R and PaulSP.Child Health Survellience – Analysis of the Existing Services. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:120.
- Farshad AA et al. School Personnel Tobacco use in Iran: Results of the Global School Personnel Survey. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:119.
- ChukwuochaUM.Malaria Control in Nigeria. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:118.
- Regmi K .Effective Health Services: Perspectives and Perceptions of Health Service Users and Healthcare Practitioners. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:117.
- Thonack J and Hofmann M.Preventative Medicine as a Service in Tourism - Health Awareness. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:116.
- YauF.Examination of the Applicability of the Physical Activity Questionnaire from European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition Study in the Hong Kong Chinese Population. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:115.
- Burghardt LR etal.Swiss Student’s Arguments in Favour and against a Career in Primary Care. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:114.
- AthuraliyaN.Continuity of Medication Management: Is Transition a Barrier? Primary Health Care.2012; 2:e105.
- KaissiA.Can Retail Clinics Save Primary Care? Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:e104
- Syed H et al. Hospital Readmission and the Value of a Care Transitions Program for the Elderly: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:113..
- RegmiK.Primary Healthcare: A ‘Jigsaw’ In Reform of the Health Services. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:e103
- Elsie H et al. Chronic Disease Self-Management: Do Patient Demographics and Leader Characteristics Affect Outcomes? Primary Health Care: Open Access.2012; 2:112.
- BoydL.Strategic Directions to Enhance Clinical Placements with in Primary Health Care. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:e102.
- Halladay J et al.An Academic- Industry Collaboration to Develop an EHR Module for Primary Care. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:111
- Savas N et al. Job Satisfaction and Sociodemographic Factors Affecting Garbage Workers’ Quality of Life in Antakya (Antioch), Turkey. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:110.
- Dickerson JB et al. Perceived Responsibility to Initiate Family Health History Discussions among College Women Associated with Individuals Diagnosed with Heart Disease: Primary Health Care.2012; 2:109.
- Kumar R et al. Knowledge Attitude and Practice about Acute Respiratory Infection among the Mothers of Under Five Children Attending Civil Hospital MithiTharparkar Desert. Primary Health Care.2012; 2:108.
- Regan P.Listening Visits to Mothers’ Suffering with Mild toModeratePeri-Natal Depression; Critical Issues of Clinical Supervision, Trainingand Health Visiting Capacity to Tackle Health Inequalities. Primary Health Care:Open Access.2012; 1:107
- Trinh NHT et al.Using the Electronic Medical Record to Examine Racial and Ethnic Differences inDepression Diagnosis and Treatment in a Primary Care Population. Primary HealthCare.2011; 1:106.
- Caporale JE etal.The Cost of Diabetes CarePrograms for Type 2 Diabetes in Argentina: A Probabilistic Sensitivity Analysis.Primary Health Care.2011; 1:105.
- AmoranOE.Determinants of Treatment Failure AmongTuberculosis Patients on Directly Observed Theraphy in Rural Primary Health Care Centres in Ogun State, Nigeria. Primary Health Care.2011; 1:104.
- NnajiGA.Shifting Focus of Primary Health Care in the Context ofHealth Systems Reform in Resource Poor Settings. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2011; 1:102.
- Lauterbach S. Diabetic Foot SyndromeProphylaxis is Inadequate due to Deficient Eelevant Patient Knowledge,Inappropriate Foot Care Practices, and Inadequately Conducted Preventive Measures. Primary Health Care: Open Access.2011; 1:103.
- Shahtahmasebi S and Aupouri-Mclean C .Bereaved by Suicide. Primary Health Care.2011;1:101.
- AtienoJalang’o G et al. Do Healthcare WorkersAdhere to Diabetes Clinical Care Guidelines? A Study at a National Hospital, Kenya. J Hypertens.2014; 3: 188.