Agriculture Industry and Allied Sectors in India: A Review
Farming and united divisions are thought to be the pillar of the Indian economy. Agriculture and allied sectors are divided into several segments like agriculture and its united parts, counting foods grown from the ground, blossoms, estate crops, and flavours, sweet-smelling and restorative plants. India, the second-biggest maker of sugar, records for 14 for each penny of the worldwide yield. It is the 6th biggest exporter of sugar, representing 2.76 for every penny of the worldwide fares. India is a main nation in coconut creation and efficiency on the planet, with yearly generation of 2,044 crore coconuts and the profitability of 10,345 coconuts for every hectare as on 2015-16. The Department of Agriculture and Cooperation under the Ministry of Agriculture has inked MOUs/concurrences with 52 nations including the US. Furthermore, the Department of Agriculture Research and Education. As of late, things like rice, maize, cotton, meat, and guar gum-utilized as a part of prepared items, meat, and dairy turned into India's fundamental agribusiness sends out.
Agriculture and Cooperation; Estate crops; Precipitation; Horticulture; Soil ripeness
Farming and united divisions are thought to be the pillar of the Indian economy. They are the critical wellspring of crude material and interest for some mechanical items, especially composts, pesticides, rural actualizes and an assortment of shopper products [1-8]. They contribute almost 22 for every penny of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India. Around 65-70 for every penny of the populace is reliant on farming for their occupation [9-14].
Agriculture and allied is divided into several segments like agriculture and its united parts (counting foods grown from the ground, blossoms, estate crops, flavors, sweet-smelling and restorative plants); fisheries segment; creature cultivation and domesticated animals; and sericulture [15-19]. India's differed agro-climatic conditions are profoundly good for the development of substantial number of plant harvests, which possess around 10 for each penny of gross trimmed territory of the nation delivering 160.75 million tons [20,21]. India is the second biggest maker of products of the soil on the planet. It is additionally second biggest maker of blooms after China. It is likewise driving maker, buyer and exporter for flavors and manor crops like tea, espresso, and so on. While, sericulture is an agro-based house industry. India is positioned as the second significant crude silk maker on the planet [22-28].
India's farming yield relies on upon precipitation. As per a financial review for 2013–2014, 60% of the aggregate nourishment grains and oilseeds created are developed in the kharif season-the storm season [29,30]. Just 35% of the aggregate farmland range is watered. The southwest storm starts in June and closures in September. It represents ~75% of the aggregate yearly precipitation in India. It impacts horticultural generation. In the above diagram, the information for the zone under water system is just accessible until monetary year 2011 [31-36].
India’s Market Size in Indian Agriculture Industry
Over the later past, numerous variables have cooperated to encourage development in the horticulture segment in India [37-40]. These incorporate development in family unit wage and utilization, extension in the sustenance handling part and increment in horticultural fares. Rising private interest in Indian agribusiness, developing natural cultivating and utilization of data innovation are a portion of the key patterns in the farming business [41-43].
With a yearly yield of 146.31 MT, India is the biggest maker of drain, representing 18.5 for each penny of the aggregate world creation. It additionally has the biggest cow-like populace. India, the second-biggest maker of sugar, records for 14 for each penny of the worldwide yield. It is the 6th biggest exporter of sugar, representing 2.76 for every penny of the worldwide fares. India is a main nation in coconut creation and efficiency on the planet, with yearly generation of 2,044 crore coconuts and the profitability of 10,345 coconuts for every hectare as on 2015-16. Zest sends out from India are required to achieve US$ 3 billion by 2016–17 because of inventive advertising techniques, creative bundling, quality in quality and solid dispersion systems [43-52]. The flavors showcase in India is esteemed at Rs 40,000 crore (US$ 5.87 billion) yearly, of which the marked portion represents 15 for every penny. Truth be told, the Spices Board of India has chosen to set up a zest historical center at Willingdon Island in Kochi to pull in and teach visitors and seafarers about the history and development of Indian flavors industry .
The Government of India has begun take a shot at 99 noteworthy and medium water system ventures, slated to be finished by 2019. These tasks will bring 7.6 million hectares of land under water system in probably the most dry season inclined locales of India [54-57].
The administration has officially found a way to address two main considerations (soil and water) basic to enhance agribusiness creation. Steps have been taken to enhance soil ripeness on a practical premise through the dirt wellbeing card plot and to bolster the natural cultivating plan 'Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana'. Different strides incorporate enhanced access to water system through 'Pradhanmantri Gram Sinchai Yojana'; improved water productivity through `Per Drop More Crop'; proceeded with support to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) and the formation of a bound together national horticulture market to help the wages of ranchers [58-65].
The Department of Agriculture and Cooperation under the Ministry of Agriculture has inked MOUs/concurrences with 52 nations including the US. Furthermore, the Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE) and the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries (DAHD&F) under the Ministry of Agriculture have marked MOUs/concurrences with different nations, taking the quantity of organizations with different nations to 63 [66-76]. These assentions would give better horticultural offices in regions, for example, innovative work, limit building, germ-plasm trade, post-collect administration, esteem expansion/sustenance preparing, plant insurance, creature farming, dairy and fisheries. The understandings could upgrade respective exchange too [77-84].
India’s main agriculture products and the sector’s future
India is one of the world's top makers of rice, wheat, drain, organic products, and vegetables. As per a monetary review of India in 2013–2014, India positions first to produce grapes, bananas, cassava, peas, and papaya [84-92]. Nonetheless, the incongruity is that India still houses 23.7% of all the undernourished individuals on the planet, as per information from the Food and Agriculture Organization for 2012–2014 . As of late, things like rice, maize, cotton, meat, and guar gum—utilized as a part of prepared items, meat, and dairy turned into India's fundamental agribusiness sends out. Horticulture sends out, including marine fares, grew 5.1% in financial year 2014 to $37.3 billion—contrasted with a similar period a year ago [94-100]. Marine item sends out alone expanded by 44.8%.
However, agriculture’s future in India is moving forward. The administration additionally changed for the current year. In the Union Budget for 2014–2015. These measures look good for the agribusiness division. The measures will give it the force that has been absent for quite a few years. When benefit expands, it might likewise open up venture open doors for household and remote organizations.
The administrations division's partake in India's total national output (or GDP) expanded reliably since its freedom. Additionally, the expansion in the partake in the financial yield is practically predictable with the fall in horticulture's share. It contributed half of India's yield toward the start of the thousand years. As per temporary figures for monetary year 2014, it expanded to about 60%.
- Arif N, et al. Current Trends of Engineered Nanoparticles (ENPs) in Sustainable Agriculture: An Overview. J Environ Anal Toxicol.2016;6:397.
- Madhusudhan L Organic Farming-Ecofriendly Agriculture. J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;6: 209.
- Singh DK, et al. Genetic Diversity Cucumber Using Inter Simple Sequence Repeats (ISSR). Transcriptomics 2016;4:129.
- Upadhyaya A and Alok KS. Concept of Water, Land and Energy Productivity in Agriculture and Pathways for Improvement. Irrigat Drainage Sys Eng.2016;5:154.
- Xu P, et al. The Design of Double Screw Threads Soymilk Stone Mill. J Food Process Technol.2016;7:558.
- Xu P, et al. CFD Analysis of a Gasoline Engine Exhaust Pipe. J Appl Mech Eng. 2016;5:198.
- Chrisphine OM, et al. Assessment of Hydrological Impacts of Mau Forest, Kenya. Hydrol Current Res.2016;7:223.
- Nyamoga GZ and Ngaga YM Monitoring Costs and Benefits under Conventional and Community-based Approaches used in Forest Management in Iringa District, Tanzania. J Ecosys Ecograp.2016;6:177.
- Aryal D. Effect of Nitrogen and Azotobacter in Growth and Development of Chilly. J Hortic.2016;3:185.
- Bardhan K and Dhiraji P. Patel Urgency to Understand Nitrogen Metabolism in Organic Agriculture. Adv Crop Sci Tech. 2016;4: 236.
- Mosha SS, et al. Effect of Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers on Natural Food Composition and Performance of African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) Fry Produced Under Artificial Propagation. J Aquac Res Development. 2016;7: 441.
- Chugh B, et al. Optimization of Ingredients for Development of Low-Fat Biscuits Using Response Surface Methodology. J Food Ind Microbiol.2016;2:110.
- Huang Q, et al. Effect of Different Drying Method on Volatile Flavor Compounds of Lactarius deliciosus. J Food Process Technol.2016;7: 615.
- Alsalameh KA, et al. Mechanical Properties of Geotextiles after Chemical Aging in the Agriculture Wastewater. J Textile Sci Eng.2016;6:234.
- Enemuo OB and Chigozie IG Evaluation of Economic Influence of Tourism Development on the Host Communities of Cross-river National Park Nigeria. J Tourism Hospit (2015)4:181.
- Okinyi OM. Reward Systems in the Public Universities in Kenya: Implication on Retention of Teaching Staff. Arabian J Bus Manag Review. 2015;6:178.
- Ali H, et al. Insurgency Affecting Peace in Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan. Arts Social Sci J. 2015;6:151.
- Bhagyawant RG, et al. Yield and Storability of Onion (Allium cepa L.) as Affected by Deficit Levels of Irrigation. J Hortic. 2016;3:169.
- Porebska I, et al. DPA Release and Germination of Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris Spores under High Hydrostatic Pressure. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:438.
- Frimpong GK, et al. Gamma Irradiation Effect on the Phytochemical and Sensory Quality of Minimally Processed Cabbage in Selected Supermarkets in Accra – Ghana. J Yoga Phys Ther. 2015;5:206.
- Osaro M, et al. Evaluation of Commonly Used Rapid Test Kits and Serological Serial Testing Algorithm for Diagnosis of HIV-1 and 2 Antibodies in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Virol-mycol. 2015;4:146.
- Yadav RK, Srivastava SK Effect of Arsenite and Arsenate on Lipid Peroxidation, Enzymatic and Non-Enzymatic Antioxidants in Zea mays Linn. Biochem Physiol.2015;4:186.
- Cooke RD, Maduagwu EN. The effects of simple processing on the cyanide content of cassava chips. J Food Technol. 1978;13:299.
- Sanni LO. Dehydration Characteristics of Cassava Chips in a Solar Cabinet Dryer. MSc. Thesis, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1992.
- Omole TA. Cassava in the Nutrition of Layers. In Cassava as Animal Feed, Proc. Workshop. Nestel, B. and Graham, M., Ed. University of Guelph. Ontario Canada. 51, 2003.
- Banea M and Rosling H. Links between cassava marketing and dietary cyanide exposure in Zaire. Acta Horticulturae. 1994;375-384.
- Bainbridge Z, et al. A study of the role of tissue disruption in the removal of cyanogens during cassava root processing. Food Chem. 1998;62:291-297.
- Padmaja G and Moorthy SN. Optimization of process parameters for the production of edible grade non-toxic cassava flour. In: Tropical Tuber Crops in Food Security and Nutrition. Balagopalan, C., Nayar, TVR, Sundaresan S, Premkumar T. and Lakshmi, K.R. (Eds). 2009;44-52.
- AOAC. Official Methods of Analysis. 17th Ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington D.C,2000.
- Pearson,D. Linther’s method. Chem Anal Food. 1968;173-174.
- Mansoor S, et al. Screening of Sugarcane Varieties/Lines against Whip Smut Disease in Relation to Epidemiological Factors. J Plant Pathol Microbiol.2016;7:366.
- Adem E and Tewodros Alemneh E Epidemiological Studies on Cysticercus bovis at Gondar Elfora Abattoir, North West of Ethiopia. J Vet Sci Technol.2016;7:364.
- Parveen R, et al. Effect of Activating Lacto Peroxidase System (LPS) On Quality and Storage Stability of Soft Cheese. J Biotechnol Biomater.2016;6:224.
- Paital B Mass Spectrophotometry: An Advanced Technique in Biomedical Sciences. Adv Tech Biol Med.2016;4:182.
- Tanweer S, et al. Radical Scavenging Linked Antioxidant Comparison and Quantification of Conventional and Supercritical Fluid Ginger Extracts. J Nutr Food Sci 2016;6:511.
- Lemma MU, et al. Analyzing the Impacts of on Onset, Length of Growing Period and Dry Spell Length on Chickpea Production in Adaa District (East Showa Zone) of Ethiopia. J Earth Sci Clim Change. 2016;7:349.
- Paital B. Role of Cyclonic Storm as Natural Disaster and other Factors on Vulture Mortality in India. J Geogr Nat Disast 2016;6:165.
- Sheikh SA and Gill BG The Advent of Dogras Rule in Kashmir and Initial Approach to Agriculture. Arts Social Sci J.2016;7:180.
- Sarwar N, et al. Role of Dowry in Causing Despair in Unmarried Girls. Bus Eco J.2016;7:207.
- Lusambo LP. Household Energy Consumption Patterns in Tanzania. J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;S5:007.
- Nyamoga GZ, et al. Sawnwood Substitution in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: Is there a Link to Environmental Conservation? J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;S5:006.
- Francesconi W, et al. Phosphorus Modeling in Tile Drained Agricultural Systems Using APEX. J Fertil Pestic.2016;7:166.
- Verma A Inspection of Hydrodynamic Lubrication in Infinitely Long Journal Bearing with Oscillating Journal Velocity. J Appl Mech Eng.2016;5:210.
- Makled KHM and Abou El Enin MM Fog Water Collection for Agriculture Use (Peanut Irrigation) Under Semi-Arid Region Conditions in North Coast of Egypt. Adv Crop Sci Tech.2016;4:219.
- Arfanuzzaman Md, et al.Evaluation of Adaptation Practices in Agriculture Sector Bangladesh: An Ecosystem Based Assessment. 2016;7:328.
- Nawaz A and Sattar AR. Traffic Analysis in Rural/Urban Area Using VANET Routing Protocols. Adv Automob Eng.2016;S1:004.
- Jain V and Agrawal N Design of Multichannel Sample Rate Convertor. J Electr Electron Syst.2016;5:168.
- Sasaki K. Fluorescence: A New Trait for Flowers. Single Cell Biol.2016;5:128.
- Ullah A, et al. Refugee Protection: In the Perspective of Information Sharing. J Bus Fin Aff.2016;5:165.
- Bahadar K, et al. Management of Bipolaris Sorokiniana the Causal Pathogen of Spot Blotch of Wheat by Eucalyptus Extracts. J Plant Pathol Microbiol.2016;7:326.
- Loth Mulungu Set al. Comparative Study of Population Dynamics and Breeding Patterns of Mastomys Natalensis in System Rice Intensification (SRI) and Conventional Rice Production in Irrigated Rice Ecosystems in Tanzania. J Rice Res.2016;4:161.
- Javaid MA, et al. Optimization of Operational Conditions for Maximum Biodecolorization of Orange C2RL Dye. J Bioremed Biodeg.2016;7:324.
- Madalcho AB and Tefera MT Management of Traditional Agroforestry Practices in Gununo Watershed in Wolaita Zone, Ethiopia. Forest Res.2016;5:163.
- Kabir MDH. Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture Especially in Jessore and Sathkhira Districts According to Farmers’ Mitigation Strategies to Climate Change; Evidence from Farmer Level Data. J Geogr Nat Disast.2015;5:152.
- Gulich GA. Epidemiology, Driving Factors, Transmission and Control Options of Zika Virus: A Review. J Infect Dis Ther.2016;4:278.
- Hasan A. Babesia, a Tick Transmitted Zoonotic Disease in Falcons. J Veterinar Sci Techno.2016;7:321.
- Okonkwo VO and Emmanuel AE. Effects of Aggregate Gradation on the Properties of Concrete Made From Granite Chippings. J Steel Struct Constr.2016;2: 109.
- Verma A and Singh VK. Experimental Investigations on Thermal Properties of Coconut Shell Particles in DAP Solution for Use in Green Composite Applications. J Material Sci Eng.2016;5:242.
- Nwabunike MO. The Effects of Bioaccumulation of Heavy Metals on Fish Fin Over Two Years. J Fisheries Livest Prod.2016;4:170.
- Memon INet al. Economics of Poultry Waste Use as a Fertilizer in Sindh Pakistan. J Fisheries Livest Prod.2016;4:167.
- Michael OB. Achieving Sustainable Economic Development in Nigeria through Financial Inclusion in the Agriculture Sector. J Glob Econ.2016;4:185.
- Usman M. Contribution of Agriculture Sector in the GDP Growth Rate of Pakistan. J Glob Econ.2016;4:184.
- Verma A, et al. Human Hair: A Biodegradable Composite Fiber – A Review. Int J Waste Resour.2016;6:206.
- Ali S, et al. Determinants of Corporate Cash Holdings “A Case of Textile Sector in Pakistan”. Int J Econ Manag Sci.2016;5:334.
- Muhammad SN, et al. Design and Fabrication of Biomass Extruder of 50 Mm Diameter Briquette Size. Innov Ener Res.2016;5:128.
- Ali L, et al. An Assessment of Religious Impediments to Polio Vaccination in Tehsil Khwazakhela, Swat. J Pain Relief.2016;5: 241.
- Gwaza DS, et al. Genetic Improvement of Egg Production Traits by Direct and Indirect Selection of Egg Traits in Nigerian Local Chickens. Adv Genet Eng.2016;5:148.
- Gwaza DS, et al. Evaluation of Sire and Dam for Genetic Improvement of Fertility, Embryonic Mortality and Hatchability in Nigerian Local Chickens Populations. Adv Genet Eng.2016;5:147.
- Egan H, et al. The Luff Schoorl Method. Sugars and preserves. 152-153. In Pearson’s Chemical Analysis of Foods. 8th edn. Harlow, UK: Longman Scientific and Technical, 1981.
- Essers AJA, et al.Studies on the quantification of specific cyanogens in cassava products and introduction of a new chromagen. J Sci Food Agric. 1993;63:287-296.
- Varis S and Altay H. Volume and Size bag of Perlite, Perlite on Greenhouse Heating unused Grown Leaf Salad with Bag Culture on Yield and Growth in Influence. Turkey 1 Perlite Symposium on Agriculture, 29-30 June, Izmir 1992.
- Alan R. Some media used in greenhouse cultivation and Properties, Turkey V. Symposium on greenhouse. 17-19 October, Izmir. 1990.
- Ataman V and Özkan Y. Ambient Temperature and Humidity in some Plant Breeding Values. Summary of Thesis.Izmir. 1985.
- Gül A. Use of perlite soilless vegetable on Agriculture. Turkey 1 Perlite Symposium on Agriculture, Izmir, 29-30 Haziran.1992.
- Munsuz N and Ünver I. Substrates used in agriculture and Properties of Perlite. Perlite is used in agriculture Seminar, 15-17 October, Izmir. 1980.
- Çayci G, et al.Distribution and Anatolia. Acta Horticulture. 1989;238:189 - 195.
- Balay N. General Description and Significance of perlite, Turkey 1 Perlite Symposium on Agriculture, Izmir, 29-30 June1992.
- Özgümüs A and Kaplan M. Plant Growing Importance of Environment and Soilless Culture as Perlite from the Perlite Utilising, Turkey 1 Perlite Symposium on Agriculture, Izmir, 29-30 June 1992.
- Anonymous. Cement and Construction Raw Materials. 7. Five-Year Development Plan Special Expert Commission Report. 1996;Vol: 1-2-3.
- Kaplan M. Different Soilless Culture on Yield and Quality of Environmental Effects of Cloves. Tr J Agric Forestry. 1993;17:987-996.
- Bas T and Sevgican A. An Alternative to Soil Aggregate in bags of Culture: Perlite, Turkey 1 Perlite Symposium on Agriculture, Izmir, 29-30 June 1992.
- Güzel N. Fertilization of ornamental plants. Cukurova University Textbook of Agriculture, No: 1993;113, Adana.
- Khan I, et al. Importance of Ethnomedicinal Flora of Sarai Alamgir (Boundary Side of River Jhelum) District Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan. Med Aromat Plants (Los Angel).2016;5:264.
- Hata FT and Ventura MU. Building Resilience for Pest Management: Lessons from Organic Agriculture. Entomol Ornithol Herpetol.2016;5:e121.
- Nwakanma C, et al. Assessment of Ambient Air Quality with Special Reference to NO2 in the Waste Dump Site at Osisoma Ngwa LGA, Nigeria. J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;6:198.
- Tersagh I, et al. Aerobic Degradation of Fluoranthene, Benzo(b)Fluoranthene and Benzo(k)Fluoranthene by Aerobic Heterotrophic Bacteria- Cyanobacteria Interaction in Brackish Water of Bodo Creek. J Pet Environ Biotechnol.2016;7:292.
- Singh J and Singh CV. Genetic and Phenotypic Parameters of First Lactation and Life Time Traits in Sahiwal Cows. J Vet Sci.. 2016;7:345.
- Lusambo LP. Households’ Income Poverty and Inequalities in Tanzania: Analysis of Empirical Evidence of Methodological Challenges. J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;6:183.
- Lusambo LP, et al. Increased Biomass for Carbon Stock in Participatory Forest Managed Miombo Woodlands of Tanzania. J Ecosys Ecograph.2016;6:182.
- Yurtseven N. II statistical methods, organized according to principles of statistical experiments, execution and evaluation of soil and fertilizer research. 1974. pp. No. 30 series of technical publications, Ankara
- White JW and Mastalerz JW. Soil moisture as related to container. Proc Am Soc Hort Sci. 1996;89:758-765.
- De Boodt M and Verdonek O. The physical properties of the substrates in horticulture. Acta Hort. 1972;26:37-42.
- Simsek G and Sürmeli N. Salad-Lettuce Variety Trial Report for adaptation. Ataturk Ash Garden. Cent. Res. Institute, Yalova. 1989.
- Kaçar B. Plant Physiology. Ankara University Faculty of Agriculture Publications. 1153, Textbook: 1989;323, Ankara.
- Zabunoglu S and karaçal I. Nitrate and Nitrite Nitrogen Accumulation in the lettuce and spinach to the effect. TÜBITAK VII. Science Congress. 1982, Adana.
- Maynard DN, et al. Nitrat Accumulation in Vegetable. Advances in Agronomy. 1967;28:71-118.
- Singh J and Singh CV.Evaluation of Sires Using Different Sire Evaluation Methods on the Basis of First Lactation Traits in Sahiwal Cattle. J Veterinar Sci Technol.2016;7:296.
- Abd El-Rahman. The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract and Α-Tocopherol on Nephroprotective Activity in Rats. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6: 479.
- Khan A. Maize (Zea mays L.) Genotypes Differ in Phenology, Seed Weight and Quality (Protein and Oil Contents) when Applied with Variable Rates and Source of Nitrogen. J Plant Biochem Physiol.2016;4:164.
- Yohannes H. A Review on Relationship between Climate Change and Agriculture. J Earth Sci Clim Change.2016;7:335.