Cutting Portions without Feeling Hungry
ABSTRACT Losing weight is a tougher thing than maintenance of a healthy weight as our daily routine is a eat and run including a massive portion sized culture. As we are tired of failing in weight loss make us to believe in dieting don’t work. Yes, we probably right as most of or diets don’t work but, it is not that the diet is wrong but it is the fact that all diets doesn’t work in the same manner on every one proving every individual responds to the diet of their suit. As there is no such one prescribed path to lose weight there are plenty of steps helpful in developing relationship with food which helps us to succeed in losing weight. This proves that healthing eating is one of the best tool to invade the weight loss.
Diet, Hungry, Weight, Portions.
Prevention and control of Health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes and some types of cancer can be best
achieved by Healthy eating [1-5]. Weight is the most prevalent problem found among one in 3 people. The formula for losing weight
us burning more calories than what you consume. But this doesn’t mean to growl the stomach to reach the goal. Lisa Young says
that Eating tiny portions of everything dent make any sense in portion control. This can be achieved by eating fewer calories which
comes under No diet plan to eating and losing weight [6-11].
Big Glass Of Water Before Eating
Drinking 16 ounces of water which is equal to a big glass of water is suggested by Dawn Jackson Blatner. Natuarally feeling
less likely to overeat is induced by filling our belly with water [12-19]. So, sipping of some water before eating will automatically
eliminate hunger and also dehydration.
Squeezing into tight pants is although not suggestable but an outfit with waistband and buttoned Jacket is probably a tool in
prompting to slow down the feel during the meal as suggested by Young. This makes us feel a little snugger at the Hunger [20-26].
Filling out the tummy by bulking up the meals with veggies is one of the easiest way to cut down the calories which also fills
up the tummy [26-40]. Blatner suggests that spinach can be used as a sandwich-topper or can fiber and nutrients to pasta and stir
fries. Swapping mushrooms to half of the ground meat and filling of diced apples in oatmeal makes it more. Substitution of Bread
with whole wheat with more veggies can be used.
Dine On Dinnerware That Helps You Lose
according to Cornell University study the color of your plate might influence how much you eat. There are discoveries that the
plate and food with low color constant makes people at buffet to serve 22% more than the higher color-contrast (like pasta with
red sauce on a white plate or pasta with Alfredo sauce on a red plate) [41-52]. So this conclude that eating less can be facilitated by selecting plates with a color-contrast to the food you're eating for dinner. Or if you want to eat more healthy foods, like a bigger
salad, eat greens from a large green plate or bowl!
Setting The Scene For Slower Eating
According to Blatner taking meals leisurely with Dimmer lights and relaxing music helps in setting the tone to eat less.
"Taking your time while eating increases enjoyment and decreases portions," she says [53-66]. She also suggests to chew slowly by
putting down the fork between the bites and sipping water which makes the meal last longer [67-82].
Working For Your Food
This is another tool which slows down the eating. Munch on foods that require shelling, peeling, or individual unwrapping,
Oranges, edamame, and pistachios in their shells are healthy options [83-89].
Don't Eat From The Bag Or Box
Eating from bags blinds us from knowing how much we are eating. Researchers from Cornell University sought to answer
this question in a study and found that people ate 50% more chips when they were given no visual cues as to how large a portion
should be [90-98]. So, dividing the conatins to 10 servings will help us to know the proportions.
Slurp Your Appetizer
Before diving the entrée having some soup is a great idea. Though it is assumed to add more to the meal, research has
resulted in reduce of overall calorie intake [98-102]. In a study, people who had soup befor the meal has reduced their total calorie
intake by 20%. The best bet: a broth-based soup, preferably with veggies will be helpful in feeling full from the natural fiber, says
Take A Lap Before Serving Yourself
Cornell University study , researchers has found out in their observation that people at two separate breakfast buffet lines
that featured the same seven items: cheesy eggs, potatoes, bacon, cinnamon rolls, low-fat granola, low-fat yogurt, and fruit [103-105].
In which one line presented the foods from healthiest to least-healthy, while the other line had the order reversed. Regardless of
which line they passed through, so, more than 75% of people had found out that people put the first food they saw on their plates.
So, taking a stroll around the buffet or dinner table before serving.
Drink From A Tall Glass
Having a cocktail with the meal is okay but it should be limited to one glass. Inorder to believe that you are having more, pour
the drink into a tall thin glass which is tricky way [106-109]. Adding extra ice to the drink also makes it look like even more!
- Kamal T and Khan MU. The impact of chemical preservatives and antioxidant on pear glucose bar. J Exp Food Chem. 2016;2:109.
- Ignatyeva GN. Production of cloudifier products from lemon, orange, melon, persimmon fruit and its automation. J Exp Food Chem. 2016;2:110.
- Singh P, et al. Protective effect of trigonellafoenum-graecum and foeniculumvulgare mature leaf against t-bhp induced toxicity in primary rat hepatocytes. J Exp Food Chem. 2016;2:111.
- Ordialez KGM, et al. Effects of onion (Allium cepa) and lemongrass (Cymbopogoncitratus) extracts on lipid oxidation and acceptability of frozen deboned milkfish (Chanoschanos). J Exp Food Chem.2016;2:112.
- Song M, et al. Investigation on the profile of phenolic acids and flavonoids with antioxidant capacity in Florida highbush(Vacciniumcorymbosum L.) and Rabbiteye (Vacciniumvirgatum) blueberries. J Exp Food Chem.2016;2:105.
- García MA, et al. Evaluation of chitosan acid salts as clarifying agents of orange nectar. J Exp Food Chem. 2016;2:106.
- Machado STZ, et al. Development of hplc-fluorescence method for the determination of ivermectin residues in commercial milk. J Exp Food Chem.2016;2:107.
- Abugri DA. Fatty acid profiling in selected cultivated edible and wild medicinal mushrooms in Southern United States. J Exp Food Chem. 2016;2:108.
- Tokay F. Welcome message for journal of experimental food chemistry. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:e101.
- Garino C. Inaugural issue of the journal of experimental food chemistry. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:e102.
- Amal M Metak. Environmental alarm. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:e103.
- S Antonello. Experimental food chemistry: new paradigms and challenges. J Exp Food Chem.2015;1:e104.
- Khurshid C and Ahmed O. Functional variation of soluble polyphenols in oak apple gall and pomegranate peels and their inhibition activity in leukemia k562 cells. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:101.
- Han Y andBarringer S. Formation of volatiles in the lipoxygenase pathway as affected by fruit type and temperature. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:102.
- Huang X andBarringer SA. A novel method for determination of furan partition coefficient in water, coffee and soy sauce by MHE/SIFT-MS. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:103.
- Boskou D. Mediterranean diet food: strategies to preserve a healthy tradition. J Exp Food Chem. 2015;1:104.
- Mishra B and Dinesh SN. “Universal diet and beverage code”: ‘the rules of halves in human nutrition’. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:e125.
- Roberto F.Olive oil phenolic compounds: may prevent cancer in human? J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:e126.
- Birketvedt GS, et al. A dietary supplement in combination with an education plan and a long-term follow-up significantly decrease blood pressure, body weight and body fat. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:512.
- Khalifa I, et al. Influencing of guava processing residues incorporation on cupcake characterization. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:513.
- MensahEO, et al. Thermal Stability of β-Amylase Activity and Sugar Profile of Sweet-Potato Varieties during Processing. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:515.
- Kardjadj M and Luka PD. Current situation of milk and red meat industry in algeria. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:516.
- You W andHenneberg M. Meat in modern diet, just as bad as sugar, correlates to worldwide obesity: An ecological analysis. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:517.
- Kuo CS, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of one-carbon enzymes interactively modify metabolic folate stress and risks of hepatocellular carcinoma development. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:518.
- Meng F. Baker’s Yeast beta-glucan decreases episodes of common childhood illness in 1 to 4 year old children during cold season in China. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:518.
- Dagadkhair AC, et al. Effect of storage on physicochemical properties of spiced fish sauce. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:520.
- Rodova M, et al.Hepcidin regulation by bone morphogenetic protein signaling and iron homeostasis. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:521.
- Rehman R. Nutrition and health in undergraduate medical curriculum. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:522.
- Ismail AAA, et al. Magnesium: A mineral essential for health yet generally underestimated or even ignored. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:523.
- Aytenfsu S, et al. Review on chemical residues in milk and their public health concern in Ethiopia. J NutrFood Sci. 2016;6:524.
- Rohmah Z, et al. Anti-obesity effects of lipid extract from sea-reared of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchusmykiss) fed with sea squirt (Halocynthiaroretzi) tunic’s carotenoids and CLA. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:525.
- Alborzi Z, et al. Effects of the two extracted agglutinins from rhizoctoniasolanikühn (Cantharellales: Ceratobasidiaceae) on digestive α-amylase of Pierisbrassicae L. (Lepidoptera: Pieridae). J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:526.
- Das R, et al. Nutraceutical-prophylactic and therapeutic role of functional food in health. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:527.
- Singh K. Nutrient and stress management. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:528.
- Acosta-Navarro JC, et al. Healthier body composition in vegetarian men compared to omnivorous men. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:529.
- Nishteswar K.Ayurvedic concept of food and nutrition. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:530.
- Jarosławska J, et al. Polyphenol-rich blackcurrant pomace counteracts impaired antioxidant status and serum lipid profile in rabbits fed a diet high in unsaturated fat. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:531.
- Sibrián R andFulladolsa P. Classification of dual burden of malnutrition in young children. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:532.
- Asaduzzaman M, et al. Phytochemicals, nutritonal constituents, anti-bacterial and hypoglycemic activity of aeglemarmelos lin. Leaf extract in alloxan induced diabetic rats. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:533.
- Rafiq S, et al. Development of probiotic carrot juice. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:534.
- Farbod F, et al. The effects of storage time on physiochemical, rheological, micro-structural and sensory properties of feta cheese fortified with fish and olive oils. J Nutr Food Sci. 2013;3:230.
- Nagao Y andSata M. Effect of a late evening snack of amazake in patients with liver cirrhosis: a pilot study. J Nutr Food Sci. 2013;3:223.
- Thomas RM, et al. Two weeks of low dose fish oil supplementation followed by a single bout of exercise increases high density lipoprotein cholesterol in college-aged and middle-aged men. J Nutr Food Sci.2013;3:221.
- Dipjyoti C, et al.Fermentation of psidiumguajava juice by using probiotic lactic acid bacterialactobacillusplantarum. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:398.
- Harsha H andAarti S. Quality evaluation of herbal juice developed from traditional indian medicinal plants using citrus limetta as base. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:396.
- Ji Z, et al. Chinese yellow wine could inhibit production of matrixmetalloproteinase-2 induced by homocysteine in cultured rat vascular endothelial cells. J Nutr Food Sci.2015;5:394.
- Govindaraj M. Is fortification or bio fortification of staple food crops will offer a simple solution to complex nutritional disorder in developing countries? J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:351.
- OyewoleOyediran E. Approaches to enhanced political will for achieving nutrition-related millennium development goals in Nigeria. J Nutr Food Sci.2015;5:346.
- DeWitt TM. An exploratory study: clinical dietitians do not view the full liquid diet as best practice for the post-operative patient. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:345.
- Ahmad A, et al. Perspective of β-glucan as functional ingredient for food industry. J Nutr Food Sci. 2012;2:133.
- Nagendra Prasad MN, et al. A review on nutritional and nutraceutical properties of sesame. J Nutr Food Sci.2012;2:127.
- Bibiloni MDM, et al. Diet quality of mediterranean adolescents evaluated by mediterranean adaptation of the diet quality index-international (dqi-i): socioeconomic, anthropometric, lifestyle and body image determinants. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Hekmatdoost A. Prevention of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (nafld) progression to nonalcoholicsteatohepatitis (nash) by modification of lifestyle and dietary supplements. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:2.
- El-Sabban F. Perspectives on energy drinks. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:2.
- James KS, et al. How effective is a simple pre-diabetes screen for clinical practice? J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:2.
- Anderson JJB. Relationships of calcium to skeletal health and potential adverse effects. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1
- Meshram II, et al. Prevalence of under nutrition and its predictors among under 5 year children in Surat Region, Gujarat, India. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1.
- Shateri Z andDjafarian K. Coffee consumption and coronary heart diseases: a mini-review. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1.
- Devlin N, et al. Effect of oatmeal on postprandial vascular compliance following a high fat meal. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1.
- Ross E, et al. The low FODMAPS diet and IBS: A winning strategy. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1.
- Nonato IL, et al. Nutritional issues concerning street foods. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;2:1.
- Jenzar H. The Dietitian’s interest to gain insight into the nutrition black box. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Barrett S, et al. Bridging the gap for homebound elderly diabetics: increasing awareness of interventions for diabetic homebound elderly adults. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Sanwalka N. Vitamin D deficiency in indians – prevalence and the way ahead. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Sood S, et al. Hypoglycaemic and hypocholesterolimic efficacy of horse chestnut (Aesculusindica) using rat models. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Brown RC, et al. Oral fatty acid sensitivity among obesity resistant and obesity susceptible individuals. J ClinNutr Diet. 2016;1:1
- Musil D. Chronic venous disease, obesity and the risk of venous thromboembolism in a czech population. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:310.
- Albugami HF. Conducting physical activity intervention afterward school times: a meta-analysis. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:311.
- Igor B and Rafael L. Trans fatty acids, does exist safety dosage? J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:312.
- Gezgin I, et al. Effects of borax and sleeve gastrectomyon mRNA. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:302.
- Abiad F, et al. Bariatric surgery in the management of adolescent and adult obese patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:303.
- Kutty NAM and Aziz AABA. Association of sedentary behaviour and cardiometabolic risk biomarkers among chinese females: a cross-sectional study. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:304.
- Durá-Travé T, et al. Leptin and metabolic syndrome in obese pediatric population: a cross-sectional study. J Obes Weight Loss Ther.2016;6:305.
- Alkahtani S and Awad N. Comparing the physical activity patterns of male and female students in the preparatory year in AaudiArabia. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2016;6:308.
- Rajajeyakumar M. Impact of early behavioral modification in food addiction is effective method of treating obesity?. J Obes Weight Loss Ther.2015;5:e116.
- Silva V and Grande AJ. Weight loss management through exercise based on guideline recommendation: a case series from SRF-YMCA study. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2013;3:185.
- Askari F, et al. The effects of nutrition education and diet therapy on glycemic and lipidemic control in iranian patients with type 2 diabetes. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2013;3:186.
- Buccheri T. The importance of psychodiagnostic evaluation to structure effective and integrated prevention program: a preliminary sicilian study. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2013;3:189.
- Verrotti A, et al. Obesity and migraine. J Obes Weight Loss Ther.2013;3:194
- Canitano N, et al. Emerging role of the fat free mass preservation during weight loss therapy through a novel advanced bio-impedance device (BIA-ACC). J Obes Weight Loss Ther.2013;3:193.
- GohKye Hock Robin.A case series investigation between transaminitis and the improvement inbody mass index trend among patients with anorexia nervosa and eatingdisorder not otherwise specified of the anorexia nervosa type. J Obes Eat Disord.2015;2:3.
- Coelho RCLA. If obese patients overeat sometimes, their adherence will last longer: the controlled overeat. J Obes Eat Disord. 2016;2:1.
- Hesselberg JO, et al. The effect of a new dietary mineral product on body composition and weight in overweight and obese people. the results from a comparative randomized 30-days study. J Obes Eat Disord. 2016;2:3.
- Marks R. Knee osteoarthritis, obesity and exercise therapy-a complex issue. J Obes Eat Disord. 2016;2:2.
- López-Hernández D. Support the research in the field of obesity, eating disorders and weight management. J Obes Eat Disord. 2015;1:1.
- López-Hernández D. Welcome message. J Obes Eat Disord.2015;1:1.
- Mishra B and Dinesh SN. Universal diet and beverage code: ‘the rules of halves in human nutrition’. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:e125.
- Kardjadj M and Luka PD. Current situation of milk and red meat industry in Algeria. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:516.
- Birketvedt GS, et al. A dietary supplement in combination with an education plan and a long-term follow-up significantly decrease blood pressure, body weight and body fat. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:512.
- Kuo CS, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of one-carbon enzymes interactively modify metabolic folate stress and risks of hepatocellular carcinoma development. J Nutr Food Sci.2016;6:518.
- Kenmogne-Domguia BH, et al. Protein-energy intakes and nutritional status of in-school adolescents in baham, cameroon. J Nutr Disorders Ther.2016;6:186.
- Nakamura Y, et al.Value changes in bone turnover markers and bone mineral density using ibandronate in japanese postmenopausal osteoporotic patients. J Nutr Disorders Ther.2016;6:188.
- Coelho CRV, et al. Environmental life cycle assessment of diets with improved omega-3 fatty acid profiles. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0160397.
- Filmer D and Pritchett LH. Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data–or tears: an application to educational enrolments in states of India. Demography.2001;38:115-132.
- Frost MB, et al. Maternal education and child nutritional status in Bolivia: finding the links. Soc Sci Med. 2005;60:395-407.
- Harinarayan CV, et al.Vitamin D status and bone mineral density in women of reproductive and postmenopausal age groups: a cross-sectional study from south India. J Assoc Physicians India. 2011;59:698-704.
- Nutrient requirement and recommended dietary allowances for Indians - a report of the expert group of the Indian council of medical. Indian council of medical research, National institute of nutrition. 2009;132:163-172.
- Centers for disease control and prevention. National diabetes fact sheet. Atlanta, GA: Centers for disease control and prevention, US department of health and human services. 2011.
- Centers for disease control and prevention. Diabetes report card 2012. Atlanta, GA: Centers for disease control and prevention, US department of health and human services. 2012.
- Tur JA, et al. Associations between sociodemographic and lifestyle factors and dietary quality among adolescents in Palma de Mallorca. Nutrition.2004;20:502-508.
- Álvarez C, et al. La medición de la clase social en ciencias de la salud. Barcelona: SG-Sociedad Española de Epidemiología. 1995.
- Serra-Majem L, et al. Nutritionpolicies in MediterraneanEurope. Nutr Rev.1997;55:342-357.
- Mendez MA, et al. Under- and overreporting of energy is related to obesity, lifestyle factors and food group intakes in Jamaican adults. Public Health Nutr.2003;7:9-19.
- Trichopoulos D. Indefence of the Mediterranean diet. Eur J ClinNutr.2002;56:928-929.
- Vyncke K, et al. Validation of the diet quality index for adolescents by comparison with biomarkers, nutrient and food intakes: the HELENA study.Br J Nutr.2013;109:2067-2078.
- Alvero-Cruz JR, et al.Validity of body mass index and fat mass index as indicators of overweight status in Spanish adolescents: Esccola Study. Med Clin (Barc).2010;135:8-14.
- Wilkinson IB, et al. Heart rate dependency of pulse pressure amplification and arterial stiffness. Am J Hypertens. 2002;15:24-30.
- Vogel RA, et al. The postprandial effect of components of the Mediterranean diet on endothelial function. J Am CollCardiol. 2000;36:1455-1460.
- Fitch RM, et al. Nitric oxide synthase inhibition increases aortic stiffness measured by pulse wave velocity in rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;51:351-358.