Impact of Surya Namaskar on the Human System
SRM University, Chennai, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Prykarpatski AK
SRM University, Chennai, India
Received date: 18/08/2016; Accepted date: 19/08/2016; Published date: 26/08/2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Without the Sun, there will be no life on Earth. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is an exceptionally old method of paying admiration or communicating appreciation to the Sun that is the wellspring of all types of life on the planet. Presently simply knowing how to do Surya Namaskar is insufficient. It is likewise critical to comprehend the science behind this exceptionally old strategy, on the grounds that a more profound comprehension will deliver the right standpoint and methodology towards this extremely sacrosanct and capable yogic procedure.
Sun salutation, Surya namaskar
Surya Namaskar, which is known as "Sun Salutation" in English, is basically about building a measurement inside you where your physical cycles are in a state of harmony with the sun's cycles, which keep running at around twelve-and-a-quarter years. It is not unintentionally but rather by plan that it has been organized with twelve stances or twelve asanas in it. In the event that your framework is in a specific level of dynamic quality and status, and in a decent condition of receptivity, then normally your cycle will be in a state of harmony with the sun oriented cycle.
Surya Namaskar intends to bow down to the sun in the morning. The sun is the life hotspot for this planet. In everything that you eat, drink and inhale, there is a component of the sun. Just in the event that you figure out how to better "process" the sun, disguise it, and make it a piece of your framework, do you really profit by this procedure.
The physical body is an incredible venturing stone for higher potential outcomes, yet for a great many people it capacities like a detour. The impulses of the body don't permit them to go ahead. Being in a state of harmony with the sun based cycle is an essential piece of equalization and receptivity, a method for taking the body to the point where it is no more an obstacle.
The Science Behind Surya Namaskar
It has been said (by the old Rishis of India) that the distinctive parts of the body are administered by various Devas (divine motivations or awesome light). The sun powered plexus (situated behind the navel, which is the essential issue of the human body) is said to be associated with the Sun. This is the primary motivation behind why the old Rishis suggested the act of Surya Namaskar, on the grounds that the consistent routine of this method improves the sun based plexus, which expands one's inventiveness and instinctive capacities [1-10].
Why Start the Day with Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar is an arrangement of 12 stances, ideally to be done at the season of dawn. The consistent routine of Surya Namaskar enhances flow of blood all through the body, looks after wellbeing, and helps one remain malady free. There are various advantages of Surya Namaskar for the heart, liver, digestive system, stomach, mid-section, throat, legs. From head to toe, all aspects of the body is incredibly profited by Surya Namaskar, which is the reason it is exceedingly prescribed by all yoga specialists [11-30].
Stances go about as a decent connection between warm-ups and asanas and should be possible at whatever time on a void stomach. In any case, morning is thought to be the best time for Surya Namaskar as it rejuvenates the body and revives the brain, making us prepared to go up against all assignments of the day. In the event that done toward the evening, it empowers the body immediately and if done at sunset, it helps you loosen up. At the point when done at a quick pace, Surya Namaskar is a phenomenal cardiovascular workout and a decent approach to get in shape [31-40].
Why Should Children do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar quiets the brain and aides enhances focus. Today, youngsters confront a ferocious rivalry and ought to embrace Surya Namaskar in their day by day plan as it helps continuance control and decreases the sentiment tension and anxiety, particularly amid exams. General routine of Surya Namaskar gives quality and imperativeness to the body.
It is the best workout for muscles and enhances adaptability in spine and in appendages for our future competitors. Youngsters as youthful as 5-year-olds can begin doing Surya Namaskar every day [41-50].
Why Should Women do Surya Namaskar?
It is said that Surya Namaskar can do what months of slimming down can't. Thus, it's a gift for wellbeing cognizant ladies as it loses additional calories, as well as it offers a simple and cheap approach to be fit as a fiddle by extending the stomach muscles actually.
A portion of the Sun Salutation postures lose additional fat on stomach by fortifying drowsy organs like the thyroid organ (which bigly affects our weight) to increment hormonal emissions. Consistently honing Surya Namaskar can direct sporadic menstrual cycles among ladies furthermore guarantee a simple labor. Last yet not the minimum; it helps in bringing back the shine all over, forestalling onset of wrinkles and making it imperishable and brilliant [51-60].
Build Up your Sixth Sence with Sun Salutaions
With a customary routine of Surya Namaskar and reflection, the sun powered plexus increments from the extent of an almond to the measure of a palm. This extension of sunlight based plexus, otherwise called the second mind, builds up our natural capacity and makes us all the more clear and centered. The compression of the sunlight based plexus, then again, prompts sadness and other negative inclinations [61-80].
The complex advantages of Surya Namaskar keep the body sound and the brain quiet. Subsequently, a standard routine of Surya Namaskar is very prescribed by all yoga specialists. These Surya Namaskar tips can likewise enhance your practice and give better results [81-90].
Through the act of Surya Namaskar, in the event that one accomplishes a specific level of soundness and dominance over the framework, one could then be acquainted with an all the more effective and profoundly huge procedure called Surya Kriya. Surya Kriya is the key procedure. Surya Namaskar is a "nation cousin" of Surya Kriya, and there is another procedure called Surya Shakti, which is a far away relative. In the event that you need to simply utilize the procedure as a physical society to manufacture muscle and turn out to be physically solid, you do Surya Shakti. On the off chance that you need to be physically fit additionally need some profound component in it, you do Surya Namaskar. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you need a solid otherworldly process, you do Surya Kriya [91-100].
- Joshua S and Christopher CD. Cardiovascular and metabolic responses to vinyasa yoga and paced suryanamaskar B. J Yoga PhysTher.2016;6:230.
- Javadekar P and Manjunath NK. Effect of suryanamaskar on sustained attention in school children. J Yoga Phys Therapy. 2012;2:110.
- Ng I, et al. Preferential mobilization and egress of type 1 and type 3 innate lymphocytes in response to exercise and hypoxia. Immunome Res. 2016;12:123.
- Ponmathi P, et al. Comparison of aerobic versus stretching exercise programmes on pain and menstrual symptoms in subjects with primary dysmenorrhea. J Women's Health Care. 2016;5:327.
- Todd DM.A Case report using oral appliance therapy plus oropharyngeal exercise. Oral Health Case Reports. 2016.
- Mary VS. Exercise and antipsychotic drugs. J Pat Care. 2016;2:114.
- Backus D, et al. People with multiple sclerosis (MS) Improve in measures of health and function after participation in a community-based exercise program. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:349.
- Oh Y, et al. The Efficacy of lumbar stabilization exercise combined with transforaminal epidural steroid injection for lumbar radiating pain. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:341.
- Farias D, et al.Combined exercise in hiv treatment: Prospects for non pharmacological therapy. J AIDS Clin Res. 2016;7:579.
- Archer T. Amelioration of symptoms and biomarkers of alzheimers disease by physical exercise. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Ravi Teja M and Sujatha N. The impending importance of physical exercise in maintaining perfect bone health and preventing the onset of osteoporosis. J OsteoporPhys Act. 2016;4:173.
- Kumar C and Ostwal P. Comparison between task-oriented training and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation exercises on lower extremity function in cerebral palsy-a randomized clinical trial. J Nov Physiother. 2016;6:291.
- Stefanello ST, et al. Caffeine supplementation changes inflammatory biomarkers after exercise. J Yoga PhysTher. 2016;6:240.
- Ravi RB, et al. Safety aspects of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in patients participating in exercise therapy: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:344.
- Tarini VAF, et al. Glycogen persistence in ultramarathon athletes after six hours of exercise. J Yoga PhysTher. 2016;6:248.
- Niederstrasser NG, et al. Approaches to cognitive stimulation in the prevention of dementia. J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2016;S5:005.
- John M, et al. Manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and hiptrac for patients with hip osteoarthritis: A case series. PhysiotherRehabil. 2016;1:108.
- Naumes J, et al. Exercise and myasthenia gravis: A review of the literature to promote safety, engagement, and functioning. Int J Neurorehabilitation Eng. 2016;3:218.
- Gribok A, et al. Kinetics of post-exercise excess co2 production and substrate oxidation in two dysglycemic and euglycemic older women a case study. Diabetes Case Rep. 2016;1:107.
- Young S and Furgal K. Exercise effects in individuals with autism spectrum disorder: A short review. Autism Open Access. 2016.
- Lugo R, et al. Benefits of exercise for the prevention of diseases in the premature aging.J Aging Sci. 2016;4:154.
- Singh P. Effect of inspiratory muscle training versus breathing exercise training to enhance the sprint performance and pimax on wheelchair athletes with spinal cord injury. J Spine. 2016;5:314.
- Hackney KJ, et al. Acute muscular, metabolic, cardiovascular, and perceptual responses to low cuff pressure-small cuff width blood flow restricted exercise prescription. J Nov Physiother. 2016;6:299.
- Garcia D and Archer T. Affectivity profiling in relation to exercise: six-months exercise frequency, motivation, and basic psychological needs fulfilment. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Archer T.Aspects of cognition/health failure by hiv-infected individuals: amelioration through exercise. HIV Curr Res. 2016.
- Rega PP and Fink BN.Active shooter exercise training for nurses in emergency medicine. Adv Practice Nurs. 2016.
- Mohamed S. Effects of strenuous physical exercises on blood redox status and muscle damages among trained and untrained individuals.J Aerobics Fitness. 2016;1:e106.
- Ching-Feng C. Critical power estimated from a single exercise test.J Aerobics Fitness. 2016;1:e104.
- Goncharenko AV.Several models of physical exercise subjective preferences. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Finnbogadottir H, et al. Pelvic floor muscle exercise after delivery with or without the biofeedback method: An intervention study. J Women’s Health Care. 2016;5:311.
- Ravi Teja M, et al. Yoga as an exercise in the professional life of a swimmer leads to perfection. J Yoga PhysTher. 2016;6:239.
- Toumi H, et al. Exercise and anti-osteoporotic medication combined treatment for osteoporosis. J Yoga PhysTher. 2016;6:232.
- Tony C. Psychological benefits of adhering to a programme of aerobic exercise. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Gilbert P, et al. Optimal dose and modality of exercise in patients with coronary artery disease: A review. J Aerobics Fitness. 2016;1:103.
- Peacock CA, et al. Effects of an exercise intervention on body composition in older adult males diagnosed with parkinsons disease: A brief report. PhysiotherRehabil. 2016;1:102.
- Archer T.Physical exercise and its impact on psychology. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Frates EP, et al. Its fun: A practical algorithm for counseling on the exercise prescriptions: A method to mitigate the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress-related illness. ClinExp Psychol. 2016.
- Kumar C and Pathan N. Effectiveness of manual perturbation exercises in improving balance, function and mobility in stroke patients: A randomized controlled trial. J Nov Physiother. 2016;6:284.
- Noriaki W, et al. Effectiveness of two types of exercises before classes on inhibitory function. J Child AdolescBehav. 2016;4:284.
- Zhang Y, et al. Effect of exercise intervention on the cardiovascular health of untrained women: A meta-analysis and meta-regression. J Women’s Health Care. 2016;5:301.
- Robert-McComb JJ. Sound traditional and nontraditional prepartum exercise for good health. J Yoga PhysTher. 2015;6:220.
- Parazzi PLF, et al. Use of volumetric capnography in submaximal exercise test: What did we learn? J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2016;7:289.
- Adedokun CO and Sullivan IO. Is spinning safe? exercise induced rhabdomyolysis. Med Rep Case Stud. 2016;1:104.
- Canavan PK. Evidence based therapeutic exercise recommendations for patients with multiple sclerosis: A physical therapy approach. J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2016;5:271.
- Nikkhah A. Evening avoidance of large meals alongside evening exercise to improve maternal and child health. Clinics Mother Child Health. 2016;13:224.
- El-Badawy MA and Fathalla MM. Suprascapular nerve block followed by codman s manipulation and home exercises an effective combined approach in the rehabilitation of idiopathic frozen shoulder : A review. Lupus Open Access. 2016;1:108.
- Roever L, et al. Diet or exercise on peak oxygen consumption and quality of life in diastolic heart failure? Transl med (sunnyvale). 2016;6:e136.
- PundukZ. Single dose of intra-muscular platelet rich plasma as therapeutic and preventive modalities in exercise-induced muscle damage. J Aerobics Fitness. 2016;1:e101.
- Albuquerque MS, et al. Treadmill exercise improved memory evocation and upregulated alpha7 nicotinic receptors density in lower cognitive performance rats. NeurochemNeuropharm. 2016.
- Villaverde-Gutiérrez C, et al. Functional capacity and physical exercise in older women living in a rural environment: a correlational cross-sectional study. J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2015;4:261.
- Ahmed M and Azam. Efficacy of stomatognathic alignment exercise program on mouth opening limitation improvement in spastic myogenic temporomandibular disorder of hemiparetic cerebral palsy children. J Nov Physiother. 2015;5:279.
- Roever L. Exercise training versus drug interventions on mortality outcomes: The research evidence. Epidemiology (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:e119.
- Carter LG, et al. Exercise improves glucose disposal and insulin signaling in pregnant mice fed a high fat diet. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:634.
- Tsang WWN, et al. Effects of tai chi exercise on physical function and parent-child relationship in adults and children: A pilot study. J Child AdolescBehav. 2015;3:263.
- Shang-Su W.Taiwan's military exercise: A difficult journey towards credibility. J DefManag 2015;5:133.
- Hanks LJ, et al. Resistance exercise combined with growth hormone augments growth parameters in a male adolescent with cystic fibrosis. Sports NutrTher. 2015;1:102.
- Piva SR, et al. Dose-associated changes in gait parameters in response to exercise programs after total knee arthroplasty: Secondary analysis of two randomized studies. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2015;3:311.
- Akbar N. Synchronized rhythms of exercise and eating: A novel public program to reduce maternal and pediatric diabetes. MaternPediatrNutr. 2015;1:e101.
- Roever L and Borges ASR.Pulmonary hypertension and exercise training: Evidence based studies. Lung Dis Treat. 2015;1:1.
- Thomas MB, et al. Transverse forces associated with massage-like loading following eccentric exercise injury in a rabbit model. J Yoga PhysTher. 2015;5:208.
- Hirooka N. Health issues of physical activity in daily life, exercise and sedentary behavior among japanese residing overseas. Primary Health Care. 2015;5:207.
- Roever L. Exercise training and heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: What the evidence of the studies show? Transl Med (sunnyvale). 2015;5:e134.
- Isnard-Rouchon M and Coutard C. Exercise as a protective cardiovascular factor in esrd patients. J NephrolTher. 2015;5:219.
- Maduagwu SM, et al. Effect of aerobic exercise on CD4 cell count and lipid profile of hiv infected persons in North Eastern Nigeria. J AIDS Clin Res. 2015;6:508.
- Zguira MS, et al. Effects of an acute exercise on endothelium function in athletics young subjects: A case control study. Cardiovasc Pharm Open Access. 2015;4:5.
- Cardoso AM, et al. Moderate physical exercise and purinergic signaling: The impact of ectonucleotidases on platelets and lymphocytes. Single Cell Biol. 2015;S1-005.
- Minana-Signes V and Monfort-Panego M. Design and validation of a health questionnaire about knowledge for health and back care related to the practice of physical activity and exercise for adolescents: Cosacues-aef. J Spine. 2015;4: 260.
- Hussein N, et al. Effect of combined balance and isotonic resistive exercises versus isotonic resistive exercise alone on proprioception and stabilizing reactions of quadriceps and hamstrings and functional capacity of knee osteoarthritis patients. J Nov Physiother. 2015;5:273.
- Galyfos G. Exercise Therapy in patients with intermittent claudication. J Nov Physiother 2015;5: e140.
- Medina-Porqueres I, et al. Influence of guided-stretching exercises and cool immersion on functional performance in young women. J Women’s Health Care. 2015;4:272.
- BoyasJf. The ablest privilege activity: An active learning classroom exercise. RRJSS. 2015.
- Jose Manuel SI, et al. Ultrasound-guided EPIA‚A® technique and eccentric exercise, New treatment for achilles and patellar tendinopathy focused on the region-specific of the tendon. Orthop Muscular Syst. 2015.
- Archer T. Physical exercise as an epigenetic factor determining behavioral outcomes. ClinExpPsychol . 2015.
- Nikkhah A. Timing of intake and exercise: Creating a public probiotic. J Prob Health.2016.
- Wang L, et al. A combination of electro-acupuncture and aerobic exercise improves cardiovascular function in patients with coronary heart disease. J ClinExpCardiolog. 2015;6:402.
- Sokunbi G, et al. Effects of group-based versus individual-based spinal stability exercises (SSE) on physical health and mental wellbeing of patients with chronic low back pain (LBP): A randomized controlled trial (RCT). J Pain Relief. 2015;4:203.
- Archer T. Exercise influences in depressive disorders: Symptoms, biomarkers and telomeres. Clin Depress. 2015.
- Baker S and Patel S. Clinical exercise interventions in pediatric oncology: Can they reduce late toxicities? J Yoga PhysTher. 2015;5:200.
- Mathes S, et al. Gene-pharmacologial effects on exercise-induced muscle gene expression in healthy men. Anat Physiol. 2015;S5-005.
- Moscatelli, et al. Relationship between RPE and blood lactate after fatiguing handgrip exercise in taekwondo and sedentary subjects. Biol Med (Aligarh). 2015;S3:008.
- Messina G, et al. Exercise causes muscle GLUT4 translocation in an insulin-independent manner. Biol Med (Aligarh). 2015;S3:007.
- Gao Q, et al. Effects of a long term physical exercise on the mrna level of BDNF in mice after middle cerebral artery occlusion. Int J Neurorehabilitation Eng. 2015;2:170.
- Nikkhah A. Open-air exercise for vigorous maternal recovery: A postpartum essentiality. J Bioprocess Biotech. 2015;5:e137.
- Archer T. Exercise alleviates autism spectrum disorder deficits. Autism Open Access. 2015.
- Boukelia B. Exercise, immune system and circadian rhythm. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 2015.
- Nikkhah A.Slowing aging via joint rhythmic exercise and optimized eating behavior: Nature enthuses. J Bioprocess Biotech. 2015;5:e136.
- Olivera F, et al. Morphological changes in distant muscle fibers following thermal injury in wistar rats. Acta Cir Bras. 2010;25:525-528.
- Karamanos D, et al. The effect of antithrombin-III on routine hematological and biochemical parameters in an experimental animal model of skeletal muscle ischemia-reperfusion injury. Hippokratia. 2014;18:234-239.
- Sheu JJ, et al. Administered circulating microparticles derived from lung cancer patients markedly improved angiogenesis, blood flow and ischemic recovery in rat critical limb ischemia. J Transl Med. 2015;13:59.
- Rooney SI, et al. Exercise protocol induces muscle, tendon, and bone adaptations in the rat shoulder. Muscles Ligaments Tendons.2015;J 4:413-419.
- MacIntosh BR, et al. Skeletal muscle: Form and function. Human kinetics champagne, Illinois. 2006.
- Morrissey D, et al. The effect of eccentric and concentric calf muscle training on Achilles tendon stiffness. ClinRehabil. 2011;25:238-247.
- Oh S, et al. Therapeutic effect of hybrid training of voluntary and electrical muscle contractions in middle-aged obese women with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: A pilot trial. TherClin Risk Manag. 2015;11:371-380.
- Springer ML, et al. Transient production of alpha-smooth muscle actin by skeletal myoblasts during differentiation in culture and following intramuscular implantation. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2011;51:177-186.
- doAmaral RJ, et al. Peritoneal submesothelial stromal cells support hematopoiesis and differentiate into osteogenic and adipogenic cell lineages. Cells Tissues Organs. 2015.
- Rodríguez-Carrio J, et al. Red cell distribution width is associated with endothelial progenitor cell depletion and vascular-related mediators in rheumatoid arthritis. Atherosclerosis. 2015;240:131-136.
- Lee SG, et al. Role of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in de novo liver regeneration in human liver transplants. Liver Transpl. 2015.
- Prem JT, et al. The role of glutamine in skeletal muscle ischemia/reperfusion injury in the rat hind limb model. Am J Surg. 1999;178:147-150.
- Karakoyun R, et al. Theangiogenic effects of ischemic conditioning in experimental critical limb ischemia. Eur J VascEndovascSurg. 2014;47:172-179.
- Goessler KF, et al. Treatment with nebivolol combined with physical training promotes improvements in the cardiovascular responses of hypertensive rats. Can J PhysiolPharmacol. 2014;92:234-242.