Role of Atorvastatin on Cholesterol
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bachupally, Miyapur, Telangana, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Vishnu Vardhan
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bachupally, Miyapur, Telangana, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Received Date: 02/06/2016; Accepted Date: 15/06/2016; Published Date: 29/06/2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies
Atorvastatin, Cholesterol, Inhibitor, Triglycerides, Revascularization
Atorvastatin is a champion amongst the most extensively suggested drugs and the most generally recommended statin. It is a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. Atorvastatin is principally used to avoid unfriendly cardiovascular occasions and to lower blood all out cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol. It is in this manner imperative to know the size of the impact that atorvastatin has on cholesterol. Atorvastatin closely resembling rosuvastatin in bringing down cholesterol however is around three-overlay less strong.
Atorvastatin is a subsidiary of pyrrole and heptanoic acid, hydroxymethylglutaryl-coa reductase inhibitor (statin), and anticholesteremic operator that is utilized to diminish serum levels of ldl-cholesterol; apolipoprotein b; and triglycerides and to build serum levels of hdl-cholesterol in the treatment of hyperlipidemias and aversion of cardiovascular ailments in patients with different danger variables [1-10].
Atorvastatin is a manufactured hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitor. In doses of 10 to
80 mg/day, atorvastatin lessens levels of aggregate cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol, triglyceride and very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL)-cholesterol and expands high-density lipoprotein (HDL)- cholesterol in patients with a wide assortment of dyslipidaemias [10-26].
Atorvastatin demonstrates more noteworthy decreases in total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and triglyceride levels than other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. In patients with coronary heart disease (CHD), atorvastatin was more useful than lovastatin, pravastatin, fluvastatin and simvastatin in accomplishing target LDL-cholesterol levels and, in high dosages, creating low level LDL-cholesterol.
Forceful lessening of serum LDL-cholesterol to 1.9mmol/L with atorvastatin 80 mg/day for 16 weeks in patients with intense coronary disorders altogether diminished the occurrence of the combined primary end-point events [26-35] and the optional end-purpose of intermittent ischaemic occasions requiring rehospitalisation in the expansive much planned MIRACL trial. In the AVERT trial, lipid-bringing down treatment with atorvastatin 80 mg/day for year and a half was in any event as successful as coronary angioplasty and common consideration in diminishing the frequency of ischaemic occasions in generally safe patients with stable CHD [35-48]. Long-time studies are at present exploring the impacts of atorvastatin on genuine cardiovascular occasions and mortality in patients with CHD.
Pharmacoeconomic examines have indicated lipid-lowering with atorvastatin down to be practical in patients with CHD, men with not less than one risk element for CHD and women with various risk elements for CHD. In accessible studies atorvastatin was more financially savvy than most other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors in accomplishing target LDL-cholesterol levels.Atorvastatin is very much endured and adverse events are usually mild and transient. The passableness profile of atorvastatin is like that of other accessible HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and to placebo [48-63]. Elevations of liver transaminases and creatine phosphokinase are occasional. There have been uncommon case reports of rhabdomyolysis happening with accompanying utilization of atorvastatin and different medications.
The essential employments of atorvastatin are for the treatment of dyslipidaemia and the aversion of cardiovascular infection. Essential aversion of heart assault, stroke, and requirement for revascularization methods in patients who have risk variables, for example, age, smoking, hypertension, low HDL-C, and a family history of early coronary illness, however have not yet grew clinically clear coronary illness. Optional counteractive action of myocardial localized necrosis, stroke, unsteady anginaand revascularization in individuals with coronary illness.
Myocardial infarction and stroke prophylaxis in patients with type-II diabetes. Atorvastatin might be utilized as a part of mix with bile corrosive sequestrants and ezetimibe to build the lessening in cholesterol levels [63-75]. Be that as it may, It is not prescribed to join statin drug treatment with certain other cholesterol-bringing down medications, especially fibrates, in light of the fact that this may expand the risk of myopathy-related unfavorable impacts. Most of the statin medications are administered at bedtime for optimal result, atorvastatin can be dosed at any time of day, dosed once daily at the same time.
Similarly as with different statins, atorvastatin is a focused inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase. Dissimilar to most others, be that as it may, it is a totally engineered compound. HMG-CoA reductase catalyzes the decrease of 3- hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) to mevalonate, which is the rate-constraining stride in hepatic cholesterol biosynthesis [76-80]. Restraint of the compound declines anew cholesterol union, expanding articulation of low-density lipoprotein receptors (LDL receptors) on hepatocytes.This builds LDL uptake by the hepatocytes, diminishing the measure of LDL-cholesterol in the blood. Like different statins, atorvastatin likewise decreases blood levels of triglycerides and marginally expands the levels of HDL-cholesterol.
Late studies have demonstrated that in patients experiencing acute coronary disorder, high-dosage statin treatment may assume a plaque-balancing out part. At high dosages, statins have anti-inflammatory impacts, prompt decrease of the necrotic plaque , and enhance endothelial capacity, prompting plaque stabilization and, once in a while, plaque regression. Be that as it may, there is an expanded risk of statin-related unfavorable impacts with such high-dosage statin treatment. There is a comparative perspective and risks connected with utilizing high-dosage statins to counteract repeat of thrombotic stroke [81-86].
Similarly as with different statins, atorvastatin is an aggressive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase. Unlike others, in any case, it is a totally manufactured compound. HMG-CoA reductase catalyzes the decrease of 3-hydroxy-3- methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) to mevalonate, which is the rate-constraining stride in hepatic cholesterol biosynthesis. Restraint of the compound declines all over again cholesterol synthesis ,expanding articulation of low- density lipoprotein receptors (LDL receptors) on hepatocytes. This builds LDL uptake by the hepatocytes,diminishing the measure of LDL-cholesterol in the blood. Like different statins, atorvastatin likewise diminishes blood levels of triglycerides and marginally expands levels of HDL-cholesterol [86-91].
Late studies have demonstrated that in patients experiencing acute coronary disorder, high-dosage statin treatment may assume a plaque-stabilizing role. At high dosages, statins have anti-inflammatory impacts, induce diminishment of the necrotic plaque, and enhance endothelial capacity, prompting plaque adjustment and, at times, plaque regression. Be that as it may, there is an expanded danger of statin-related antagonistic impacts with such high-dosage statin treatment. There is a comparative point of view and risks connected with utilizing high- dosage statins to avert repeat of thrombotic stroke [91-95].
Atorvastatin may infrequently cause muscle problems (conditions such as Rhabdomyolysis and autoimmune myopathy), muscle pain/tenderness/weakness (especially with fever or unusual tiredness), change in the amount of urine. Atorvastatin rarely causes liver problems, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine, severe stomach/abdominal pain, persistent nausea/vomiting. A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing. A little number of individuals taking atorvastatin may have mild memory issues. Statins may exacerbate diabetes [95-100].Atorvastatin may rarely cause muscle issues (conditions, for example, Rhabdomyolysis and auto-immune myopathy). muscle pain/tenderness/weakness (particularly with fever or uncommon tiredness), change in the amount of urine. Atorvastatin causes liver issues, yellowing eyes/skin, extreme abdominal pain. An intense hypersensitive response to this medication is uncommon. Look for quick restorative consideration in the event that if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, tingling/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), extreme tipsiness, inconvenience relaxing [101-102].
- Iotefa T, et al. Atorvastatin-Induced Inhibition of Human Melanoma in vivo Development. Immunother Open Acc. 2016;2:111.
- Ferdousi F, et al. Association of Lipid Abnormalities with High-Sensitivity C - reactive Protein in Patients Treated with Atorvastatin. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:564.
- Gurram CS. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Atorvastatin, Fenofibrate and Ezetimibe in a Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:177.
- Hendawy OM, et al. Effect of Atorvastatin and Vitamin D on Freund’s Adjuvant-Induced Rheumatoid Arthritis in Rat. J Bioequiv Availab. 2015;7:090-094.
- Sanai T, et al. Benefits and Adverse Effects of Statins, Atorvastatin Calcium Hydrate, Pitavastatin Calcium, and Pravastatin Sodium, for Dyslipidemia in Patients on Hemodialysis. J Metabolic Synd. 2016;5:202.
- Eggadi V, et al. Effect of Atorvastatin on Pharmacology of Sitagliptin in Streptozotocin-Nicotinamide Induced Type-II Diabetes in Rats. Biol Med. 2015;7:225.
- Hafez HM, et al. Development of a Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Amlodipine Besylate and Atorvastatin Calcium in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Pharm Anal Acta. 2014;5:316.
- Hafez HM, et al. Quantitative Determination of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan and Atorvastatin Calcium by HPLC in their Pharmaceutical Formulations. J Chromatograph Separat Techniq. 2014;5:226.
- Khalifah RAL, et al. Regression of Carotid Intima Media Thickness after One Year of Atorvastatin Intervention in Dyslipidemic Obese Teenagers, a Randomized Controlled Pilot Study. J Metabolic Synd. 2014;3:149.
- Jhuma KA, et al. Effects of Atorvastatin and Niacin, Alone and in Combination, On Lowering Serum LDL- Cholesterol and Lipoprotein (a) in Hyperlipidemia Patients. J Metabolic Synd. 2014;3:136.
- Mallikarjuna S, et al. Development and Validation of Stability-Indicating RP-UPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Atorvastatin Calcium in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. J Chromatograph Separat Techniq. 2013;4:187.
- Ashour S. New Kinetic Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Atorvastatin in Pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 2013;4:232.
- Shariati-Rad M, et al. Partial Least Squares and Continuous Wavelet Transformation in Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Determination of Amlodipin and Atorvastatine. Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 2012;3:178.
- Kumar P, et al. Stability Indicating Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin in Pharmaceutical Formulations by RP-HPLC. Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 2012;3:164.
- Khan SP, et al. Variation of Carotid Intima - Media Thickness in Hypercholesterolemia Patients on Atorvastatin and Rosuvastatin Therapy. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2012;3:191.
- Choudhari VP and Nikalje AP. Simultaneous Estimation of Atorvastatin, Ezetimibe and Fenofibrate in Pharmaceutical Formulation by RP-LC-PDA. Pharm Anal Acta. 2010;1:111.
- Ahmed T, et al. Bioavailability and Interaction Potential of Atorvastatin and Losartan on Co-administration in Healthy Human Subjects. J Bioequiv Availab. 2009;1:018-027.
- Gandelman K, et al. Analytes of Interest and Choice of Dose: Two Important Considerations in the Design of Bioequivalence Studies with Atorvastatin. J Bioequiv Availab. 2011;3:062-068.
- Dhaneshwar SR, et al. Validated HPTLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin and Glimepiride in Bulk Drug and Formulation. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2010;1:109.
- El Helim MA, et al. Cholesterol Lowering Capability of some Lactobacillus Strains and its Effect on Mice Fed a High Cholesterol Diet. Clin Microbiol. 2016;5:253.
- Wanyama FM, et al. Evaluation of High Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol as a Predictor of Diabetic Nephropathy in Type 1 Diabetic Patients. Clin Med Biochemistry Open Access. 2016;2:117.
- Boarelli P, et al. Simultaneous Study of Cholesterol and GM1 Ganglioside by Specific Probes: Lipid Distribution during Maturation, Capacitation and the Acrosome Reaction. J Cytol Histol. 2016;7:412.
- Reyes-Escogido ML, et al. A Comparative Study of Some Functional Properties of Lactobacillus and Enterococcus Isolated from Feces of Normo and Hyper-Cholesterolemic Humans. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2016;7:274.
- Gupta BP, et al. Cholesterol Concentrations and Lipolytic Characteristics of Commercial Bovine and Caprine Milk Yogurts during Four Weeks Refrigerated Storage. J Adv Dairy Res. 2016;4:155.
- Darwiche R and Schneiter R. Cholesterol-Binding by the Yeast CAP Family Member Pry1 Requires the Presence of an Aliphatic Side Chain on Cholesterol. J Steroids Hormon Sci. 2016;7:172.
- Edith NF, et al. Pleurotus florida Aqueous Extracts and Powder Influence Lipid Profile and Suppress Weight Gain in Rats Fed High Cholesterol Diet. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:473.
- Arleevskaya MI, et al. A Possible Interconnection of Cholesterol Overloading and Phagocytic Activity of the Monocytes in the Prone to Rheumatoid Arthritis Individuals . Lupus Open Access. 2016;1:112.
- Kharb S, et al. Correlation of LDL Cholesterol with Maternal and Cord Blood Heme Oxygenase 1 in Preeclampsia. J Preg Child Health.2016;3:225.
- Ozolua RI, et al. Extract of Garcinia kola Seed has Antitussive Effect and Attenuates Hypercholesterolemia in Rodents. Med Aromat Plants. 2016;5:232.
- Anila K, et al. In Vitro Cholesterol Assimilation and Functional Enzymatic Activities of Putative Probiotic Lactobacillus Sp. İsolated from Fermented Foods/Beverages of North West India. J Nutr Food Sci. 2016;6:467.
- Madhura TK. The Role of Serum Cholesterol Level in the Pathogenesis of Major Depressive Disorder. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2016;5:241.
- Fernandez ML. Dietary Cholesterol and Diabetes, What do We know About this Relationship?. J Clin Diabetes Pract. 2016;1:e102.
- Naviglio D. Bad Cholesterol or "Bad" Science? Med chem. 2016;6:040.
- Zhang H, et al. One-Step Electrodeposition of Gold-Graphene Nanocomposite for Construction of Cholesterol Biosensor. Biosens J. 2015;4:128.
- Hari OS, et al. Awareness and Trends of Blood Cholesterol and Susceptibility to Develop Heart Disease. Adv Genet Eng. 2015;4:138.
- Pawar K and Thompkinson DK. Multifunctional Ingredient Dietary Supplement for Management of Hyperglycemic and Hypercholesterolemic Therapy of Diabetes. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:439.
- Chowdhury S, et al.The Importance of Non High Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Dyslipidaemia Management. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:623.
- Kobayashi Y, et al. Effects of Morus alba L (Mulberry) Leaf Extract in Hypercholesterolemic Mice on Suppression of Cholesterol Synthesis. J Pharmacogn Nat Prod. 2015;1:113.
- Ali Z, et al. Effect on Lipid Profile Parameters by the Addition of Orange Juice in Diet of Hypercholesterolemic Patients. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:428.
- Karuna S, et al. Effect of High Fibre and Omega-3 Rich Diet on Hypercholesterolemia Patients. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:412.
- El Sayyad HIH, Bakr IHM, El Mansi AA, Amin AH, El Beeh ME, et al. (2015) Fish Oil Supplementation Ameliorated Brain Lesions Induced by Diabetes and Hypercholesterolemia in Male Wistar Albino Rats. Autism Open Access 5:148.
- Kader Sahib A, et al. Is Non - High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (Non HDL-C) A Better Predictor Of Future Risk Of Cardiovascular Mortality? Biochem Physiol. 2015;4:e137.
- Alonso L, et al. Effect of β-Cyclodextrin on Phospholipids and Cholesterol of the Milk Fat Globule Membrane. J Adv Dairy Res. 2015;3:140.
- Liu Y, et al. Association between cholesterol level and mortality in dialysis patients: role of inflammation and malnutrition. JAMA. 2004;291:451-459.
- Parikh NI, et al. Cardiovascular disease risk factors in chronic kidney disease: overall burden and rates of treatment and control. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:1884-1891.
- Schaeffner ES, et al. Cholesterol and the risk of renal dysfunction in apparently healthy men. J Am SocNephrol. 2003;14:2084-2091.
- Sakthivel K and Kathiresan K. Cholesterol Degradation Effect Analyzed using Marine Cyanobacterial Species Spirulina subsalsa. J Microb Biochem Technol. 2015;7:120-123.
- Madhura TK. Role of Serum Cholesterol Level in Pathogenesis of OCD Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:183.
- Mahmood H, et al. Relation of Cholesterol Level to Dietary Fat Intake in Patients of Ischemic Heart Disease. Cardiol Pharmacol. 2015;4:141.
- Qureshi AA, et al. Impact of δ-Tocotrienol on Inflammatory Biomarkers and Oxidative Stress in Hypercholesterolemic Subjects. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2015;6:367.
- Lopez OR, et al. Genetic Variant in the CD36 Gene (rs1761667) is Associated with Higher Fat Intake and High Serum Cholesterol among the Population of West Mexico. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:353.
- Khodabandehlo H and Vanak ZP. The Study and Measured Oil and Cholesterol Iranian Beef from Stirps Sistani with 4 Different Solvents and 2 Different Methods. J Food Process Technol. 2015;6:425.
- Hill AN, et al. The Role of Race/Ethnicity and Gender in the Association between Inadequate Sleep and Hypercholesterolemia. J Sleep Disord Ther. 2015;4:194.
- Dashwood A and Jayasinghe R. The Newest Frontier in Cholesterol Management; PSCK 9. Cardiol Pharmacol. 2015;4:127.
- Medbury HJ, et al. The Bidirectional Relationship between Cholesterol and Macrophage Polarization. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2015;6:303.
- Ichimura M, et al. An SHR/NDmcr-cp Rat Model of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis with Advanced Fibrosis Induced by a High-fat, High-cholesterol Diet. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2015;5:244.
- Saravanan M and Ignacimuthu S.Hypocholesterolemic Effect of Indian Medicinal Plants - A Review. Med chem. 2015;5:040-049.
- Aye M, et al. Prevalence of Coronary Heart Disease among Non-Smokers with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Syndrome Defined By NCEPATP 111 (National Cholesterol Education Programme Adult Treatment Panel 111). J Metabolic Synd. 2013;2:123.
- Guénard F, et al. Common Sequence Variants in CD163 Gene are Associated with Plasma Triglyceride and Total Cholesterol Levels in Severely Obese Individuals. Endocrinol Metab Synd. 2014;3:146.
- Mandal CC and Rahman M.Targeting Intracellular Cholesterol is a Novel Therapeutic Strategy for Cancer Treatment. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2014;6:510-513.
- Mohania D, et al. Probiotic LaVK2 Dahi Improves Lipid Profiles in Hypercholesterolemic Rats. Adv Dairy Res. 2014;2:113.
- Pinheiro-Junior S, et al. Effect of genetic variants related to lipid metabolism as risk factors for cholilithiasis after bariatric surgery in Brazilian population. ObesSurg. 2012;22:623-633.
- Khan MH, et al. Day case Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: experience at the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University. Mymenshingh Med J. 2012;21:485-489.
- Ajayi Olubumi B, et al. Effect of Sesamum indicum L. Seed Oil Supplementation on the Kidney Function Parameters of Hypercholesterolemic Rats. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;4:306.
- Sbrana S, et al. Phenotype Changes of Circulating Monocytes in a Hypercholesterolemic Swine Model of Coronary Artery Disease. J Cytol Histol.2015;5:270.
- Mombelli G, et al. Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia “Rare Disease”. J Glycomics Lipidomics. 2014;4:e121.
- Pereira H, et al. Personality and Levels of Cholesterol and Glucose. J Nutr Food Sci. 2014;4:291.
- Jansen EHJM, et al. Long Term Stability of Parameters of Lipid Metabolism in Frozen Human Serum: Triglycerides, Free Fatty Acids, Total-, HDL- and LDL-cholesterol, Apolipoprotein-A1 and B. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2014;5:182.
- Hayek T, et al.The Effects of Pomegranate Extract (POMx), Simvastatin, or Metformin Therapies in Hypercholesterolemic or in Diabetic Patients on Daily Rhythms of Serum Lipids and of Oxidative Stress: A Pilot Study. J Horticulture. 2014;1:106.
- Hsieh HS, et al. A Large Mastoid Cholesterol Granuloma Eroding the Dura and Sigmoid Sinus. J Cytol Histol. 2014;5:236.
- Jhuma KA, et al.Effects of Atorvastatin and Niacin, Alone and in Combination, On Lowering Serum LDL- Cholesterol and Lipoprotein (a) in Hyperlipidemia Patients. J Metabolic Synd. 2014;3:136.
- Shimizu Y, et al. Association of Chronic Kidney Disease and Diabetes with Triglycerides-to-HDL Cholesterol Ratio for a Japanese Population: The Nagasaki Islands Study. Transl Med. 2004;4:125.
- Kamal SM. Aliskiren Protects against Hypercholesterolemia and Oxidative Stress on Isolated Aortae in Cholesterol-Fed Rats. J Nanomed Nanotechol. 2013;S5:007.
- Ma LL, et al. Influence of Dietary Amino Acid Profile on Serum Lipids in Hypercholesterolemic Chinese Adults. J Nutr Food Sci. 2014;4:258.
- Voloshyna I, et al. Advanced Glycation End Products Promote Pro-Atherogenic Changes in Cholesterol Transport: A Possible Mechanism for Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes. Intern Med. 2014:S11:005.
- Ibrahim MAR and Srour HAM. Saponins Suppress Nematode Cholesterol Biosynthesis and Inhibit Root Knot Nematode Development in Tomato Seedlings. Nat Prod Chem Res. 2013;2:123.
- Portincasa P, et al. Gallbladder motility and cholesterol crystallization in bile from patients with pigment and cholesterol gallstones. Eur J Clin Invest. 2000;30:317-324.
- Aronow WS.2013 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Guidelines on Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2013;4:e133.
- Woods AG, et al. Proteomics and Cholesterol in Autism. Autism. 2013;3:112.
- Mizuno Y, et al. Inflammation and the development of atherosclerosis. J AtherosclerThromb. 2011;18:351- 358.
- Ooi LG and Liong MT. Cholesterol-lowering effects of probiotics and prebiotics: a review of in vivo and in vitro findings. Int J MolSci. 2010;11:2499-2522.
- Rudel LL and Morris MD. Determination of cholesterol using o-phthalaldehyde. J Lipid Res. 1973;14:364- 366.
- Taranto MP, et al. Effect of Lactobacillus reuteri on the prevention of hypercholesterolemia in mice. J Dairy Sci. 2010;83:401-403.
- Pekkanen J, et al. Ten-year mortality from cardiovascular disease in relation to cholesterol level among men with and without preexisting cardiovascular disease. N Engl J Med. 1990;322:1700-1707.
- Gilliland SE, et al. Assimilation of cholesterol by Lactobacillus acidophilus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1985;49:377-381.
- Gilliland SE. Health and nutritional benefits from lactic acid bacteria. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 1990;7:175- 188.
- Lin MY. The beneficial effects of lactic acid bacteria on human health. J Chin NutrSoc. 1995;20:367-380.
- Tsubakihara M, et al. an overview of dialysis treatment in Japan. J JpnSoc Dial. 2013;46:1-76.
- Shoji T and Nishizawa Y. Chronic kidney disease as a metabolic syndrome with malnutrition--need for strict control of risk factors. Intern Med. 2015;44:179-187.
- Batazoo H and Hazra NK. Analysis of serum lipid profile in Cholilithiasis patients. J Nepal Health Res Counc. 2013;11:53-55.
- Rao PJ, et al. Lipid profile in bile and serum of cholilithiasis patients – A Comparative study. J Basic Med Allied Sci. 2012;1:15-21.
- Channa NA. Gallstone disease: a review. Pak Arm Forces Med J. 2008;58:197-208.
- Malik AA, et al. Association of dyslipidaemia with chililithiasis and effect of cholecystectomy on the same. Int J Surg. 2011;9:641-642.
- Skill NJ, et al. Hepatocellular carcinoma associated lipid metabolism reprogramming. J Surg Res. 2011;169:51-56.
- Hasegawa T and Makino I. Measurement of apolipoprotein A1 in cholesterol gallstones and gallbladder bile of patients with gallstones. J Gastroenterol. 1995;30:96-102.
- Juvonen T, et al. Effect of cholecystectomy on plasma lipid and lipoprotein levels. Hepatogastroenterology. 1995;42:377-382.
- Ahmed T, et al. Role of intraoperative flexible Choledochoscopy in calculous biliary tract disease. Mymenshingh Med J. 2012;21:462-468.
- Bargash NA, et al. Role of plasma homocysteine and lipoprotein (a) in coronary artery disease. Br J Biomed Sci. 2004;61:78-83.
- Sarrabayrouse G, et al. Melanoma cells treated with GGTI and IFN-gamma allow murine vaccination and enhance cytotoxic response against human melanoma cells. PLoS One. 2010;5:e9043.
- Sarrabayrouse G, et al. Statins stimulate in vitro membrane FasL expression and lymphocyte apoptosis through RhoA/ROCK pathway in murine melanoma cells. Neoplasia. 2007;9:1078-1090.
- Pich C, et al. Statins Reduce Melanoma Development and Metastasis through MICA Overexpression. Front Immunol. 2013;4:62.
- Lanier LL. Up on the tightrope: natural killer cell activation and inhibition. Nat Immunol. 2008;9: 495-502.