Bacterial Illness: A Rising Irresistible Danger
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Fakir Mohan University, Odisha, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Kadambini Tripathy
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore-756001, Odisha, India
E-mail ID: Kadambini.firstname.lastname@example.org
Received date: 20 Feburary 2015 Accepted date: 03 February 2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology
Bacterial issues are clinically all experimented disregarding the way that the pathogenic portions are still inadequately cleared. Studies have uncovered a rate of the structures included. To date, results of diverse trial studies show that various frameworks for extended bacterial adherence impelled by diseases are working for specific bacterial species. In this present review Couple of bacterial disorders and infections in human are presented and discussed.
Bacteria, Diseases, Infection, Pathogen
Bacterial disorder integrate various illness caused by bacteria. Those are a sort of microorganism, which are minor types of life that must be seen with a magnifying lens. Different sorts of microorganisms includes virus, some fungi, and few parasites .
A huge number of bacteria typically live on the skin, in the digestion tracts, and on the genitalia. The larger part of bacteria doesn’t bring infection, and many bacteria are really useful and even essential for good wellbeing. These bacteria are now and then alluded to as "great microbe" or "healthy microorganism". Discoveries demonstrated 114 (49.6%) carriage of potential nourishment borne bacterial hand contaminants and 73 (31.7%) were tried positive for enteric bacterial hand contaminants [2-4]. Methicillin-safe Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) remains the most risky gram-positive bacterium in general wellbeing on the grounds that it is exceptionally common as well as in light of the fact that it has get to be impervious to every single accessible anti-microbial with the exception of vancomycin and teicoplanin [5-7]. The investigations of the movement of Thioridazine on a mixture of microbes that create remedially risky diseases, all of which have been affirmed, emphatically recommend that Thioridazine has anti-toxin potential for treatment of these contaminations [8-13].
Injurious bacteria that bring about bacterial diseases and sickness are called pathogenic bacteria. Bacterial illnesses happen when pathogenic bacteria enter into the body and start to recreate and group out healthy bacteria, or to develop in tissues that are ordinarily sterile. Destructive bacteria might likewise radiate poisons that causes harm the body. Whether it is from the viewpoint of a worldwide pandemic or a limited occurrence, bacterial illnesses put a weight on plant, creature and human life. The event of infection in any of these three has an adverse impact on human social and monetary exercises . A portion of the immediate expenses emerge from medicinal costs, lost wages and profitability, long haul incapacity, and unexpected passing. On account of creature ailment, financial trouble can come about because of diminished creature generation, loss of weight or inability to develop, loss of businesses, transfer of remains, conceivable isolate, cleaning costs, veterinary costs, and conceivable zoonotic transmission .
Common pathogenic bacteria and types of bacterial diseases they cause include:
• Escherichia coli and Salmonella bring about sustenance harming
• Helicobacter pylori bring about gastritis and ulcers
• Neisseria gonorrhoeae causes the sexually transmitted illness gonorrhea.
• Neisseria meningitidis causes meningitis.
• Staphylococcus aureus causes a mixed bag of diseases in the body, including bubbles, cellulitis, abscesses, wound contaminations, poisonous stun disorder, pneumonia, and sustenance harming.
• Streptococcal microbes bring about an assortment of diseases in the body, including pneumonia, meningitis, ear contaminations, and strep throat.
Bacterial diseases in human
Verifiably, bacteria have been the reason for probably the most dangerous sicknesses and broad plagues of human progress. Smallpox and intestinal sickness, infections created by different organisms, have slaughtered a bigger number of people than bacterial maladies, however sicknesses, for example, tuberculosis, typhus, plague, diphtheria, typhoid, cholera, diarrhea and pneumonia have taken an expansive toll of mankind. Toward the start of the Twentieth Century, pneumonia, tuberculosis and the runs were the three driving reasons for death. Water filtration, vaccination (immunization) and anti-infection treatment have lessened the grimness and the mortality of bacterial illness in the Twenty-first century; at any rate in the created world where these are adequate social practices .
The primary pathogenic species is Staphylococcus aureus (aure = gold, brilliant), which causes most clinic gained contaminations. Numerous medication safe strains have turn out to be such an issue because of toxic of anti-microbials that medicinal specialists now allude to this by the epithet “MRSA [17-19].
This is a Gram-bacillus that is tiny, round and somewhere between a coccus and a bacillus. It is a typical piece of the bacterial greenery of soil, and commonly does not trouble healthy individuals. Now, it is progressively an issue in incapacitated, immunocompromised individuals, where is a "crafty pathogen," and is progressively turning into a noteworthy issue in ICU .
This illness is named after Dr. Salmon who found it, and reasons a kind of sustenance harming which has been in the news as of late when it has made individuals wiped out in the wake of eating eggs, ground sirloin sandwich. Salmonella disease is a typical bacterial sickness that influences the intestinal tract. Salmonella microscopic organisms regularly live in creature and human insides and are shed through dung. People get to be contaminated most every now and again through polluted water or sustenance [21-23].
Typically, individuals with salmonella contamination have no side effects. Others create the runs, fever and stomach issues within 8 to 72 hours. Most solid individuals recoup inside of a couple of days without particular treatment [24,25].
This is a normal part of our intestinal flora, and is non-pathogenic if living in its typical surroundings in somebody's digestive system. If it gets somewhere else in the body, similar to the upper GI tract, lungs, bladder, circulatory system, it can make a man wiped out. This for the most part happens by the "fecal-oral course," as it were, the point at which somebody beverages water or eats nourishment washed in water containing untreated sewage . There are numerous sorts of E. coli, and the majority of them are harmless. Some can bring about ridiculous loose bowels. A few strains of E. coli microorganism might likewise bring about serious sickliness or kidney disappointment, which can prompt demise .
Two common pathogens in this genus cause disease like botulism and tetanus.
Botulism is a kind of nourishment harming, and is regularly found in undercooked meats. The microscopic organisms discharge poisons which are made of proteins which are impervious to assimilation by our GI tract, so are retained through the intestinal divider, and are poisonous to people. Under unfavorable conditions, botulism microscopic organisms (and other microbes) can shape spores, a lethargic stage that is impervious to dry warmth (broiling, searing), however murdered by wet warmth (steaming, bubbling, and so on.). Additionally, normally microwaving does not give enough warmth to a sufficiently long time to kill these microbes. These microscopic organisms develop well at body temperature and warm room temperature (summer temperature), youthful babies' juvenile invulnerable frameworks have issues managing this little number of microorganisms. Therefore immature immune systems of young babies’ have problems dealing with this small number of bacteria [28,29].
Tetanus is an infection in which all the individual's muscles harden and contract because of the vicinity of a toxin discharged by the bacteria. It is the likelihood of tetanus microscopic organisms living there. Harm of a body part and/or certain medications (strychnine) can bring about tetanus. For this situation, "tetanus" is utilized to allude to the state of the muscles, as well as to the microorganisms and their poison which, for this situation, is the reason for the condition [30-32].
Tuberculosis, usually known as TB, is a bacterial disease that can spread through the lymph hubs and circulation system to any organ in your body. It is regularly found in the lungs. Majority share who are exhibited to TB never make appearances because the microorganisms can live fit as a fiddle in the body. In any case, if the resistant system incapacitates, for instance, in people with HIV or elderly adults, TB organisms can get the opportunity to be dynamic. In their dynamic state, TB microscopic organisms cause demise of tissue in the organs they contaminate. Dynamic TB sickness can be lethal if left untreated [33-35].
The bacteria that cause tuberculosis are transmitted through the air, the ailment can be infectious. Disease is destined to happen on the off chance that you are presented to somebody with TB on a normal premise, for example, by living or working around other people with somebody who has the dynamic ailment. And still, at the end of the day, on the grounds that the microbes for the most part stay idle (inert) after they attack the body, just a little number of individuals tainted with TB will ever have the dynamic illness [36-38]. The remaining will have what's called inert TB contamination - they hint at no disease and won't have the capacity to spread the malady to others, unless their infection gets to be dynamic .
Administration of tuberculosis (TB) can bring about critical financial weight in nations with high rate and commonness of TB. There were 8.8 million new TB patients and 12.0 million pervasive cases on the planet in 2010. The majority of the cases in 2010 happened in asset poor nations, for example, Asia (59%) and Africa (26%). Littler extents of cases were distinguished in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (7%), the European Region (5%) and the Region of the Americas (3%) [40-42].
Diabetes mellitus (DM) TB co-disease is connected with poor glycemic control in DM patients. Responsive hyperglycemia frequently goes hand in hand with constant contaminations because of the related proinflammatory state and arrival of counter-administrative anxiety hormones, for example, epinephrine, cortisol and glucagon, all insulin adversaries [43-45].
Tuberculosis (TB) remains a noteworthy wellspring of grimness and mortality all through the world; 33% of the world's populace is assessed to be tainted with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB), whereby pretty nearly nine million individuals add to the sickness every year, and just about two million bite the dust yearly subsequently. Epidemiological examinations have explained a relationship in the middle of DM and the advancement of TB [46-50].
Cholera and its causative agent is toxigenic V. Cholerae having a filamentous bacteriophage (CTXΦ) cause cholera. It finds generally in bile amphibian environment. This illness spreads through sullied water and nourishment materials. Oral rehydration is sufficient as treatment for cholera parchedness. Its cases may rely on season, atmosphere and separation of reject dumps [51-53].
Youngsters are more symptomatic than grown-ups, while second diseases in grown-up patients infrequently happen or are gentle on account of prior disease with exemplary biotype of V. cholera which for the most part deliver antibodies that ensure them against intermittent contamination. Two new subclades (PSC-1 and PSC-2) of O1 E1 Tor strains have started in Pakistan, as indicated by one study, geographically, PSC-1 detaches began from the shore, while PSC-2 secludes started from inland territories overflowed in August 2010 by the Indus River .
The whole gastrointestinal tract, including the small digestive system, typically contains microscopic organisms. Little intestinal bacterial excess (SIBO), additionally termed bacterial abundance, or little gut bacterial excess disorder (SBBOS), is an issue of unnecessary bacterial development in the small digestive system. Dissimilar to the colon (or substantial entrail), which is rich with microorganisms, the little inside more often than not has less than 104 living beings for every millilitre [55-58]. Patients with bacterial excess commonly create manifestations including queasiness, bloating, heaving, loose bowels, ailing health, weight reduction and malabsorption which is caused by various mechanisms [59,60].
Bacterial kidney ailment (BKD) of salmonid fishes is a gradually dynamic, systemic contamination with an extended course and a deceptive nature. Bacterial kidney malady (BKD, otherwise called white bubble infection) is a systemic disease brought about by the bacterium Renibacterium salmoninarum. The infection influences populaces of wild salmonid Thyroid [61-63].
The most well-known bacterial contaminations among children are skin diseases, ear diseases, and throat contaminations. These and numerous different less normal bacterial issue are dealt with comparatively in grown-ups and kids and are examined somewhere else in the book [64-67]. Different diseases happen at all ages yet have particular contemplations in kids. A few extreme bacterial diseases are preventable by routine vaccination ahead of schedule in children. An elevated white platelet check demonstrates a higher danger of bacterial disease [68-70].
Sustenance and water-borne sicknesses may be caused by toxins made by developing bacteria; poisons created by the destructive algal species; or defilement of nourishment and/or water with certain microbes, infections or parasites [71-75]. Numerous instances of nourishment harming happen when somebody eats sustenance that has destructive microbes in it. The microscopic organisms or the toxins produced by them can then make the individual wiped out. Microorganisms additionally can get into the water supply and make somebody wiped out. Most contaminations with sustenance and water-borne microscopic organisms cause loose bowels, sickness, regurgitating, fever and stomach spasms [76-80].
The weight of infections brought on by nourishment borne pathogens remains to a great extent obscure. Essentially information demonstrating patterns in nourishment borne irresistible intestinal infection is constrained to a couple industrialized nations, and even less pathogens [81,82]. It has been anticipated that the significance of diarrhoeal infection, chiefly because of sullied nourishment and water, as a reason for death will decay around the world .
Obesity is currently described by a bunch of imperative incessant metabolic issue, including insulin resistance, sort 2 diabetes, greasy liver ailment, atherosclerosis, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and by a second rate of systemic aggravation, being the reason for intensification of all the above and prompting expanded dismalness and mortality. Besides, corpulence is hindering to the personal satisfaction in general and infers high wellbeing expenses as a result of its related morbidities [84-90].
There is epidemiological confirmation of bacterial superinfection. Overabundance mortality amid flu pandemics has been credited to bacterial pneumonia with Staphylococcus aureus and S. pneumoniae and meningitis with Neisseria meningitidis. What's more, it was found that flu immunization offers insurance against flu related bacterial otitis media in children [91-100].
There is currently great confirmation that microscopic organisms or bacterial segments may assume a part in aggravating in human. Late studies have demonstrated that some microbial variables could have diverse impacts at distinctive strides in human.
- Assefa T, Tasew H, Wondafrash B, Beker J. Assessment of Bacterial Hand Contamination and Associated Factors among Food Handlers Working in the Student Cafeterias of Jimma Main Campus, Jimma, South West Ethiopia. J Community Med Health Educ. 2015;5:345.
- Menaa F. Tapping into Deep-Water Reservoirs to Overcome Antibiotic Resistance through Bacteria-Producing Unique Secondary Metabolites. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:e172.
- Darmawan R, Nakata H, Ohta H, Niidome T, Takikawa K, et al. Isolation and Evaluation of PAH Degrading Bacteria. J Bioremed Biodeg. 2015;6:283.
- Mukherji R, Patil A, Prabhune A. Role of Extracellular Proteases in Biofilm Disruption of Gram Positive Bacteria with Special Emphasis on Staphylococcus aureus Biofilms. Enz Eng. 2015;4:126.
- Amaral L. Thioridazine: A Therapeutic Panacea for Efflux Pump Mediated Multidrug Bacterial Infections. J Biomol Res Ther. 2015;4:123.
- Chauhan A. Sinorhizobium meliloti Bacteria Contributing to Rehabilitate the Toxic Environment. J Bioremed Biodeg. 2015;6:e164.
- Munikumar M, Vani Priyadarshini I, Pradhan D, Sandeep S, Umamaheswari A, et al. In Silico Identification of Common Putative Drug Targets among the Pathogens of Bacterial Meningitis. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2012;1:123.
- Bricker BJ. Past, Present and Future of Molecular Technology Applications for the Epidemiology of Bacterial Diseases. J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2011;S10:001.
- Goto I, Furudoi S, Akashi M, Komori T. Measurement of the Total Number of Bacteria in Saliva Using Quantitative Real-Time PCR During Treatment for Head and Neck Malignancy: A Series of Cases. Oral Health Dent Manag. 2015;14:776.
- Zabolotny MA, Barabash YM, Kulish MP, Dmytrenko OP, Ramazanov DM. A Model of Light-Activated Changes in Reaction Centers of Purple Bacteria. J Bioprocess Biotech. 2015;5:208.
- Schwiertz A, Knauf M, Pohl U, Hackel B, Mueller HJ. Effectiveness and Tolerability of a Synbiotic Vaginal Suppository for the Treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5: 275.
- Evans AT. Phylogeny and Diversity of Rhizobial Bacteria. J Phylogen Evolution Biol. 2015;3:e111.
- Tillotson GS. Antibiotic Development in a Time of Escalating Bacterial Resistance. Clin Microbiol. 2015;4:185.
- Reis PF, Pagliari BG, Reis CMA, Moro ARP, Santos JB, et al. Dental Care Clothing: An Investigation the Presence of Bacteria Contamination by Public Health Professionals in Southern Brazil. J Food Process Technol. 2015;6:407.
- Jhala YK, Shelat HN, Vyas RV, Panpatte DG. Biodiversity of Endorhizospheric Plant Growth Promoting Bacteria. J BiofertilBiopestici. 2015;6:151.
- Becker AP, Cantareli VV, Rossato FCP, Inoue FM, Dias C, et al. Non-Multidrug-Resistant, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Causing Infection in Health-care Facilities in Southern Brazil. J Med Microb Diagn. 2014;3:150.
- Ratcliffe E. Staphylococcus aureus Binding Proteins for Prevention of Orthopaedic Implant-Related Infections. J Microb Biochem Technol. 2014;6:303-313.
- Iyer AP, Baghallab I, Albaik M, Kumosani T. Nosocomial Infections in Saudi Arabia Caused by Methicillin Resistance Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Clin Microbial. 2014;3:146.
- Everett CK, Subramanian A, Jarlsberg LG, Fei M, Huang L. Characteristics of Drug-Susceptible and Drug-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Pneumonia in Patients with HIV. Epidemiol. 2013;3:122.
- Hussein NH, Al-Mathkhury HJF, Sabbah MA. Identification of Imipenem-Resistant genes in Acinetobacter baumannii Isolated from Baghdad Hospitals. J Med Microb Diagn. 2014;3:170.
- Ukuku DO, Geveke DJ, Mukhopadhyay S, Olanya M, Juneja V. Injury and Viability Loss of Escherichia coli O157: H7, Salmonella, Listeria Monocytogenes and Aerobic Mesophilic Bacteria in Apple Juice and Cider Amended with Nisin-Edta. J Food Process Technol. 2014;5:385.
- Iyioku UU, Nnaemeka AM. Modified Serological Method for Determining Significant Antibody Titre to Salmonella Infection in Endemic Area. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2015;6:222.
- Mamuye Y, Metaferia G, Birhanu A, Desta K, Fantaw S. Isolation and Antibiotic Susceptibility Patterns of Shigella and Salmonella among Under 5 Children with Acute Diarrhoea: A Cross-Sectional Study at Selected Public Health Facilities in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Clin Microbiol. 2015;4:186.
- Izidoro MS Jr, Varela JN, Alves DA, Pereira RFC, Brocchi M, et al. Effects of Salmonella enteritidisserovartyphimurium Infection in Adenocarcinomic Human Alveolar Basal Epithelial Cells A549 In vitro: Bacteria Induce Apoptosis in Adenocarcinomic Cell. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2012;3:158.
- Mohamed M, Asnis D. A Geriatric Breast Abscess due to Salmonella enteritidis. Clin Microbial. 2014;3:164.
- Khan MS, Akhtar N, Haque ME, Barua A, Chowdhury T, et al. Isolation and Identification of non-plasmid Multidrug Resistant E.coli from Poultry Wastes in Chittagong Region, Bangladesh. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2014;5:182.
- Ukuku DO, Yamamoto K, Bari ML, Mukhopadhaya S, Juneja V, et al. Membrane Damage and Viability Loss of E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella spp in Apple Juice Treated with High Hydrostatic Pressure and Thermal Death Time Disks. J Food Process Technol. 2013;4:236.
- Gerlach H, Gerlach A, SchrÃodI W, Schottdorf B, Haufe S, et al. Oral Application of Charcoal and Humic acids to Dairy Cows Influences Clostridium botulinum Blood Serum Antibody Level and Glyphosate Excretion in Urine. J ClinToxicol. 2014;4:186.
- Sofi AA. Upper versus Lower Gastrointestinal Route of Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in the Treatment of Clostridium Difficile Infection. J Gastroint Dig Syst. 2014;4:169.
- Hettiarachchi IT, Williams OM, Greenwood R, Evans N, Strachan A, et al. Enzyme immunoassay for Clostridium Difficile Infection: Once, Twice or Thrice? Is the Falling Incidence of Clostridium Difficile an Artefact? Intern Med. 2013;3:130.
- Zeidán-Chuliá F, Fonseca Moreira JC. Clostridium Bacteria and its Impact in Autism Research: Thinking “Outside The Box” of Neuroscience. CommunDisord Deaf Stud Hearing Aids. 2013;1:101.
- Blake L, Akpaka PE, Ramsubahag A, Ali R, Folefoc AT. An Unusual Case of Clostridium difficile Infection in Trinidad and Tobago. Air Water Borne Diseases. 2014;3:115.
- Padayatchi N, Naidoo K, Naidu N. Novel and Adjunct Treatment for Drug Resistant Tuberculosis: A Public Health Imperative. Mycobact Dis. 2014;4:165.
- Jeffrey K Actor. Tuberculosis as a Persistent Malady. Mycobact Dis. 2013;3:e122.
- Malhotra S, Sharma S, Bhatia NJK, Sharma S, Hans C. A Rare Case of Tubercular Breast Abscess in a Young Immunocompetent Non-Lactating Female. Clin Microbiol. 2015;4:190.
- Bodnar R, Kadar L, Somoskovi A, Meszaros A. Cost of Tuberculosis in Childhood. Mycobact Diseases. 2011;1:102.
- Pandurang K, Shenoy VS, Bhojwani K, Alva A, Prasad V, et al. Tuberculosis in the Head and Neck in India: Down but not yet Dead. Mycobact Dis. 2014;4:148.
- Saran R, Das G. Tuberculosis the Ancient Disease Needs Intervention of Modern Tools. Mycobact Dis. 2011;1:e103.
- Anyaehie BU. HIV Co-Infection with Hepatotropic Viruses and Mycobacterial Tuberculosis. J AIDS Clin Res. 2013;4:229.
- Mustafa AS. Proteins and Peptides Encoded by M. tuberculosis-Specific Genomic Regions for Immunological Diagnosis of Tuberculosis. Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e114.
- Khan AH. Diabetes Mellitus, Tuberculosis & Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS); an Awful Triangle? Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e115.
- Cantrell SA, Leavell MD, Marjanovic O, Iavarone AT, Leary JA, et al. Regulated Alteration of Mycolic Acid Structure in the Cell Wall of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:108.
- GarcÃa-Elorriaga G, Del Rey-Pineda G. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus as a Risk Factor for Tuberculosis. J Mycobac Dis. 2014;4:144.
- Carrascosa MF, Salcines-Caviedes JR, Corral-Mones JM, Gomez- Roman J, Cano-Hoz M. Intestinal Tuberculosis as First Manifestation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection. A Single History Snapshot. J Mycobac Dis. 2014;4:141.
- Akinola RO, Mazandu GK, Mulder NJ. A Systems Level Comparison of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Mycobacterium leprae and Mycobacterium smegmatis Based on Functional Interaction Network Analysis. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2013;4:173.
- Vogt G. Tuberculosis: Efficient Methods to Study a Worldwide Human Disease. Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e112.
- Hussain R. Field Applicable Biomarker Assays. Which Sample is Reflective of Active Tuberculosis? Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e109.
- Kaushal D, Mehra S. Faithful Experimental Models of Human Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection. Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e108.
- Ordway DJ. Tuberculosis Research: One Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Bacilli for All. Mycobact Dis. 2012;2:e105.
- Lam JT, Ho PL, Weng XH, Zhang WH, Chen S, et al. Rv2820c of Beijing/W strains enhances Mycobacterium tuberculosis survival in human macrophages. Mycobact Diseases. 2011;1:104.
- Nazar-ul-Islam, Haneef H, M Wasif Malik. Review of Trends in Cholera. Air Water Borne Diseases. 2015;4:118.
- Stone CB, Mahony JB. Molecular Detection of Bacterial and Viral Pathogens-Where Do We Go From Here?. Clin Microbiol. 2014;3:175.
- Isaac A, El MuthreSs (2015) Metronidazole Vaginal Gel 0.75% (Zidoval™) for Suppresion of Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis (BV): A Pilot Clinical Trial. Clin Microbiol 4:196.
- Maurer S, Fouchard P, Meyle E, Prior B, Hänsch GM, et al. Activation of Neutrophils by the Extracellular Polymeric Substance of S. Epidermidis Biofilms is mediated by The Bacterial Heat Shock Protein Groel. J BiotechnolBiomater. 2015;5:176.
- Salem A, Roland BC (2014) Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2014;4:225.
- Bustillo I, Larson H, Saif MW. Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth: An Underdiagnosed Cause of Diarrhea in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer. J Pancreas. 2009;10:576-8.
- Denizot J, Dreux N, Michaud AD, Barnich N. Importance of Bacteria as Trigger in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2011;S8:003.
- Keynan Y, Cantor MJ, Grynspan D, Lategan B, Orr PH. Diarrhea and Colonic Ulcers of Unusual Etiology. Mycobac Dis. 2012;2:112.
- Monki J, Hewetson M. Clinical Perspective: Intestinal Mycobacteriosis- A Rare Cause of Chronic Wasting Disease in Horses. Mycobact Dis. 2014;4:147.
- Kogenaru S. HrpX Transcription Factor-A Potential Common Target for Several Bacterial Diseases from a Synthetic Biology Perspective. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2014;5:e123.
- Eissa AE, Faisal M. Clinical Outbreaks of Bacterial Kidney Disease (BKD) in Hatchery-Raised Brook Trout (Salvelinusfontinalis) (Mitchill, 1814): Lessons Learned. J Aquac Res Development. 2014;5:242.
- Nashar TO. The Quest for an HIV-1 Vaccine Adjuvant: Bacterial Toxins as New Potential Platforms. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2014;5:225.
- Varian BJ, Poutahidis T, Levkovich T, Ibrahim YM, Lakritz JR, et al. Beneficial Bacteria Stimulate Youthful Thyroid Gland Activity. J Obes WeightLoss Ther. 2014;4:220.
- Kermanshah H, Kamangar SS, Arami S, Kamalinegad M, Karimi M, et al. The Effect of Hydro Alcoholic Extract of Seven Plants on Cariogenic Bacteria-An in Vitro Evaluation. Oral Health Dent Manag. 2014;13:598.
- Dasdag S, Bektas H. Magnetotactic Bacteria and their Application in Medicine. J PhysChemBiophys. 2014;4:141.
- Lydia K, Dimitrios GI, Barbara D, Antonis M, Triantafyllia S, et al. Composite Bacterial Infection Index in the Evaluation of Bacterial versus Viral Infections in Children: A Single Centre Study. PediatTherapeut 2014;4:203.
- Saez-Lopez E, Guiral E, Soto SM. Neonatal Sepsis by Bacteria: A Big Problem for Children. Clin Microbial. 2013; 2:125.
- Brook I. The Role of Beta-Lactamase-Producing-Bacteria in Mixed Infections I Children. PediatrTherapeut. 2012;2:e105.
- Brook I. Complications of Bacterial Rhinosinusitis in Children and their Management. PediatrTherapeut. 2012;2:e104.
- Resch B. The Challenge of Early Diagnosis of Bacterial Infection in Neonates. J Neonatal Biol. 2012;1:e101.
- Angelis GD, D’Inzeo T, Fiori B, Spanu T, Sganga G. Burden of Antibiotic Resistant Gram Negative Bacterial Infections: Evidence and Limits. J Med Microb Diagn. 2014;3:132.
- Tariq SA, Nisar M, Khan H, Shah MR. The Biological Performance of Crataegussongarica Against Certain Infectious Fungal and Bacterial Diseases. Biol Med (Aligarh). 2014;6:194.
- Zaghloul MZ. The Contribution of Anaerobic Bacteria that Causes Periodontitis in the Pathogenesis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Air Water Borne Diseases. 2014;3:e128.
- Esmae A, Dagnew Z, Degu G. Bacterial Contamination of Stored Blood Ready for Transfusion at a Referral Hospital in Ethiopia. J Clinic Res Bioeth. 2014;5:176.
- Tingyue Gu. Theoretical Modeling of the Possibility of Acid Producing Bacteria Causing Fast Pitting Biocorrosion. J Microb Biochem Technol. 2014;6:068-074.
- Lavanya J, Jais M, Rakshit P, Kumar V, Dutta R, et al. Correlation between Bacterial Pathogens Transfer in Healthcare Workers and Patients: A Study from Paediatric ICU and Nursery of a Tertiary Care Hospital. J Microb Biochem Technol. 2014;6:035-037.
- Oliveira CAF. Preventing Pathogenic Bacteria in Milk and in Dairy Farms: The Usefulness of Molecular Biology Tools. J Adv Dairy Res. 2014;2:e105.
- Kotzampassi K, Giamarellos-Bourboulis EJ, Stavrou G. Bacteria and Obesity: The Proportion Makes the Difference. Surgery. 2013;3:152.
- Dhanasekaran D, Saha S, Thajuddin N, Rajalakshmi M, Panneerselvam A. Probiotic Effect of Lactobacillus Isolates against Bacterial Pathogens in Fresh Water Fish. J Coastal Dev. 2010;13:103-112.
- Moore T, Globa L, Barbaree J, Vodyanoy V, Sorokulova I. Antagonistic Activity of Bacillus Bacteria against Food-Borne Pathogens. J Prob Health. 2013;1:110.
- Dogan M, Kucukkartallar T, Feyzioglu B, Ozdemir M, Baykan M, et al. Isolation of Anaerobic Bacteria from the Peritoneal Fluid of Patient who has Unstrangulated Umbilical Hernia. J Med Microb Diagn. 2013;2:124.
- Wan J, Pentecost G. Potential Application of Chitin Signaling in Engineering Broad-Spectrum Disease Resistance to Fungal and Bacterial Pathogens in Plants. Adv Crop Sci Tech. 2013;1:e103.
- Ukuku DO, Yamamoto K, Bari ML, Mukhopadhaya S, Juneja V, et al. Membrane Damage and Viability Loss of E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella spp in Apple Juice Treated with High Hydrostatic Pressure and Thermal Death Time Disks. J Food Process Technol. 2013;4:236.
- Salman JM, Al-Azawey ASN, Hassan FM. Study of Bacterial Indicators in Water and Sediments from Al- Hilla River, Iraq. Hydrol Current Res. 2013;S13:001.
- Meng F. RalstoniaSolanacearum Species Complex and Bacterial Wilt Disease. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2013;4:e119.
- Meng F. The Virulence Factors of the Bacterial Wilt Pathogen Ralstoniasolanacearum. J Plant Pathol Microbiol. 2013;4:168.
- Filippov AA, Sergueev KV, Nikolich MP. Bacteriophages against Biothreat Bacteria: Diagnostic, Environmental and Therapeutic Applications. J BioterrBiodef. 2013;S3:010.
- Borkowska M, Lyzniak M, Grzeczkowicz A, Stachowiak R, Kawiak J, et al. The Cytotoxic Effect of Polyelectrolyte Shells Coated Bacterial Cells on Human Leukemia Cells. J NanomedNanotechol. 2012;3:152.
- Hossain Z, Fakruddin Md. Mechanism of Host Cell Death in Response to Bacterial Infections. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2012;3:128.
- Chen S. Substrate Specificity and Kinetics of Bacterial Transmembrane Transporters. J MembSci Technol. 2012;2:e105.
- Vijayakumar S. Potential Applications of Cyanobacteria in Industrial Effluents-A Review. J BioremedBiodegrad. 2012;3:154.
- Yano S, Kobayashi K, Ikeda T. Adjunctive Corticosteroid to Counteract Adverse Drug Reactions from First-Line Antituberculous Drugs.Mycobac Dis. 2012;2:113.
- Wagner J. Bacterial Dysbiosis Associated WithCrohn’s Disease: Advances in Gut Metagenomic Analysis. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2012;2:e105.
- Kopp BT. Unearthing the Truth About Bacterial Reservoirs in Cystic Fibrosis. Air Water Borne Diseases. 2012;1:e105.
- Actor JK. Mycobacterial TDM: A Coat to Modulate Post Primary Pathogenesis? Mycobact Diseases. 2012; 2:e106.
- Pedroza-Roldan C, Flores-Valdez MA. Mycobacterial Adenylyl Cyclases: Potential Drug Targets. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2012;3:e101 .
- Wolcott RD, Wolcott JJ, Palacio C, Rodriguez S. A Possible Role of Bacterial Biofi lm in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2012;3:127.
- Amare B, Abdurrahman Z, Moges B, Ali J, Muluken L, et al. Postoperative Surgical Site Bacterial Infections and Drug Susceptibility Patterns at Gondar University Teaching Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2011;2:126.
- Duker AA. Mycobacterial Diseases. Mycobact Dis. 2011;1:101.
- Amin OM. The Contribution of Pathogenic Bacteria to GI Symptoms in Parasite-Free Patients. J Bacteriol Parasitol. 2011;2:109.