Blood: Lead Fluid Tissue
Kiran Mayee* and Mahesh G
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance, MallaReddy College of Pharmacy, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Corresponding Author:
- Kiran Mayee
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance
MallaReddy College of Pharmacy
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Received: 04/01/2015; Revised: 06/02/2015; Accepted: 10/02/2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
Blood the fluid connective tissue has its preformed importance in every creature and is main base component for oxygen transport system in body. Blood accounts of 7% of human body weight and plays a vital role with its diversified functions in all body parts. Blood leads to many disorders which account for innumerous disorders whether with its components impairment or the gain/loss of cells. Present review focuses on major disorders, treatment, different examples of blood and blood component diseases.
Blood, Disorders, Anemia, Sickle cell disease, Tranexamic Acid
Blood disorders may relate to the blood components, Blood transfusion, micro-organism infections to blood etc. The blood disorders related to blood components are listed as: Blood cancers, Hemorrhage, Hematoma, Anemia, Sickle cell disease, Bacteremia, Malaria, Thrombocytopenia, Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), Hemophilia, Polycythemia, Deep venous thrombosis (DVT), Myocardial infarction, Blood Transfusion Disorders etc.
Refractory anemia in the cases of myelodysplastic syndrome has been reported in the patients taking anti-malarial chloroquine in combination with recombinant erythropoietin (darbepoetin alfa) . Hematological Malignancies are freaking around in the world today with its vast effects spreading with mild misuse regarding the blood transfusions examples include: Hepatitis B reactivation in patients with hematological malignancies and transplant recipients . Defects in the bone marrow also lead to the birth of major diseases . Hemolytic anemia and Thrombophilia are the major problems in pregnancy especially in endemic areas of malaria of earlier. [4-7].
Atrial fibrillation common cardiac arrhythmia, Hematological Malignancies , α-Thalassemia , β-Thalassemia [10,11], Platelet Function Disorders are the most recent blood disorders presently spread with all the cases in and around the world especially in adolescents . Atrial Fibrillation its effect when prothrombotic markers are used shows the irregular effects . Systemic Lupus Erythematosus the major Hematological manifestation which lead to the coincidence of autoimmune hypothyroidism shows the recent reports . Von Willebrand disease serious bleeding disorder and inherited is rare but has serious effects [15,16], severe anemia which is main effect of sepsis lead to lethal death owing loss of innumerable red blood cells [17,18].
Administration of Tranexamic Acid (TA) is one of the most effective available blood conservation strategies either intraoperative or postoperative blood conservation strategy generally used [19,20]. Echocardiographic Studies in recent days have been enormously increasing for blood related disorders in coronary functions [21,22]. Anti- Thrombotic therapies are used in the analysis of various thromboytic disorders . Many stem cell therapies evolved with simple preservation and vast uses in the treatment of blood disorders [24,25], laser radiation therapy, Biomarkers in detection serious blood implications is used.
Recent studies show immense increase in therapies associated with blood disorders development and the healthy life with proper exercise can decrease the effects of blood content in other organs and tissues.
- Mohammed Salhab et al. Three Cases of Refractory Anemia with Ringed Sideroblasts Who Responded to Chloroquine. J Blood Lymph. 2014;4:125.
- Reddy NM and Savani BN. Hepatitis B Reactivation in Patients with Hematological Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation. J Blood Lymph. 2013;4:114.
- Ikehara S. Most Diseases Originate from Defects in Bone Marrow. A New Therapy for Replacing Abnormal Hemopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs) and Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) with Normal Ones. J Blood Lymph. 2012;2:e110.
- Dominico SA et al. Coombs Negative Hemolytic Anemia of Unknown Origin in Pregnancy. J Blood Lymph. 2012;2:103.
- Morales-Borges RH. Anemia in Pregnancy & Parenteral Iron Therapy. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;4:171.
- Dawood F. Pregnancy and Thrombophilia. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;4:164.
- Demmouche A et al. Anemia Among Pregnant Women in the Sidi Bel Abbes Region (West Alegria) : An Epidemiologic Study. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2011;2:113.
- Mohammad RM and Azmi AS. Hematological Malignancies in the Omics Era. J Blood Lymph. 2012;2:e106.
- Hassan S et al. Transfusion Dependent Homozygous a-Thalassemia in Patients Associated with Hypospadias in Three Survivors. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2012;6:248.
- Asadov ChD. Immunologic Abnormalities in ÃŸ-Thalassemia. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2014; 5:224
- Belhoul KM et al. ß-Thalassemia Intermedia with Immune Hemolysis during Pregnancy: A Report of Two Cases. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;5:185.
- Amesse LS et al. Platelet Function Disorders in Adolescents with Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: Clinical Presentations, Laboratory Testing and Treatment Options. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;5:186.
- Özmen G et al. The Effects of Cardioversion on the Prothrombotic Markers and CRP in the Atrial Fibrillation. J Blood Lymph. 2012;2:104.
- Sasidharan PK et al. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus- A Hematological Problem. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;4:168.
- Leissinger CA and Nugent D. Treatment and Management Patterns of Patients with Von Willebrand Disease in the United States. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;4:152.
- Mohanty D. Von Willebrand Disease: An Update. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2014;5:238.
- Sadaka F. Red Blood Cell Transfusion in Sepsis: A Review. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2012;S4:001.
- Tannehill D. Treating Severe Sepsis & Septic Shock in 2012. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2012;S4:002.
- Rasouli MR and Chen AF.Tranexamic Acid and Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Blood Lymph. 2014;4:e114.
- Cordoba R et al. Tranexamic Acid Reduces Blood Transfusion, Postoperative Blood Loss and Length of Hospital Stay in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2014;5:207.
- Steele J et al. Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and Cardiac Surgery: A Comprehensive Review. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2011;S2:003.
- Shaikh N. Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia: Can Be Excluded. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2011;S2:001.
- Hong CH and Islam I. Anti-Thrombotic Therapy: Implications for Invasive Outpatient Procedures in Dentistry. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;4:166.
- Chan KW. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Sickle Cell Disease: More Options and Many Unanswered Questions. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2012;4:e106.
- Ren Z and Jiang Y. Umbilical Cord Blood Hematopoietic Stem Cell Expansion Ex Vivo. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2013;S3:004.