Chemopreventive Properties of Antioxidants
Vijay Kumar Kurna*
Department of Biochemistry, Chaitanya PG College, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India.
- *Corresponding Author:
- Kurna VK
Department of Biochemistry, Chaitanya PG College, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India.
Received date: 08 March 2015 Accepted date: 26 March 2015 Published date: 05 April 2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
Good health has been constantly connected with sustainability and skin quality. It is evident that we all craving to live more sound lives while keeping up a young appearance. An endless measure of epidemiological and clinical studies joins different supplements to medical advantages in tissues and organs . Late enthusiasm for these relations is activating dynamic exploration by the dermatological group, especially where associations in the middle of eating regimen and skin have already been rejected . A promising volume of productions and discoveries now bolster thoughts and accept speculations that key supplements are basic for solid skin .
Today's worldwide economy urges nourishment researchers and experts to recognize novel ways that can help makers achieve customers. Without a doubt, in the realm of sustenance science the feasting table is the prevalent course from the sustenance maker to the shopper [4-6]. In any case, from any rancher who harvests flaxseeds or soybeans to each fixing producer who markets tocopherols, polyphenols, or plant concentrates, it is obvious that there are numerous different courses to achieve the purchaser. The wide assortment of non-nourishment purchaser items offers various cases [7-8].
The plentiful utilization of vitamins and cancer prevention agents by the nonessential business and their consequences for skin health management and dermal wellbeing has been enormously thought little of, or maybe concealed, in the nourishment science group, which is entirely centered on dietary utilization of these supplements. In this manner, not just may topical utilization of these items further build up the viability of these useful elements for utilization on skin, yet their ingestion may be considerably stronger [9-12]
All through history, tradition confirmation, epidemiological studies, and most as of late clinical studies have mirrored the thought that nourishment is connected with good health, excellence, and elegant maturing. Different pathways and cofactors are ensured in skin science, and certain normal skin conditions have been demonstrated to be discriminatingly influenced by wholesome examples and propensities [13-15].
Connecting sustenance and great nourishment to general wellbeing and appearance is vital to the current customer. It appears that everybody, from the most youthful to the most seasoned purchaser, is all that much mindful of his or her appearance [16-17]. It is instinctual that sustenance and wellbeing are firmly related, and skin is the main organ that is firmly connected with the attractive appearance. Skin is the biggest organ of the human body and assumes a part in thermoregulation, assurance, digestion system, and sensation. Different supplements are key for typical skin maintenance, and their vicinity capacity still interest numerous researchers .
Antioxidants neutrals the harmful free radicals in your body, which can bring about a few genuine or life-debilitating infections and health issues including coronary illness, growth, invulnerable brokenness, diabetes, and degenerative mind issue (counting dementia and Alzheimer's infection) . Destructive free radicals exist all over the place in our surroundings, yet they are packed in contamination, chemicals, radiation, pesticides, liquor, drugs, horrible nourishment and even daylight. Cell reinforcements help to keep your cells sound and young, which can forestall age-related infection, soothe push and expand your lifespan [20-24].
Antioxidants are the mixes which can repress or delay the oxidation of an oxidizable substrate in a chain response activated by free radicals, appear to be critical in the aversion of infections . Free radicals, receptive oxygen species (ROS) and responsive nitrogen species (RNS) are connected with numerous obsessive conditions, for example, at herosclerosis, joint inflammation, and ischemia, reperfusion damage of numerous tissues, focal sensory system injury, gastritis, growth and AIDS [26-28]. Manufactured cell reinforcements like butylatedhydroxy anisole (BHA, butylated hydroxyl toluene (BHT), tertiary butylatedhydroxyqui none and gallic corrosive esters have been suspected to be cancer-causing. Consequently, solid confinements have been put on their utilization and there is a pattern to supplant them with actually happening cell reinforcements [29-31]. Additionally, these manufactured cancer prevention agents likewise show low solubility and moderate cell reinforcement movement. Subsequently, scan for regular cancer prevention agent has enormously been expanded in the late situation. In the writing numerous rough concentrates and unadulterated normal mixes have been accounted for which have powerful cancer prevention agent pot entail [32-35]. However there is still a need to figure out more viable cancer prevention agent having less reaction from common source. In the previous years the examination of these mixes in distinctive sustenance - stuffs, for example, wine, foods grown from the ground has pulled in the interest of the analysts because of their useful impacts. Wine is rich in cancer prevention agent mixes and their helpful impacts may be partially clarified by the vicinity of phenolic mixes showing distinctive natural exercises [36-40]. Citrus leafy foods are a vital wellspring of bioactive mixes including cell reinforcements, for example, ascorbic corrosive, flavonoids, phenolic mixes and pectins that are essential to human sustenance. Epidemiological studies on dietary Citrus flavonoids enhanced a decrease i n danger of coronary illness [41-43].
Anti-oxidant usually found in nourishment sources are vitamin a, vitamin c, vitamin c, beta carotene, selenium and zinc. Beta-carotene fits in with a group of supplements called carotenoids. These cell reinforcements are in charge of the orange color in carrots, melon, carrots and sweet potatoes [44-46].
Antioxidants heterogeneous class of Antioxidants is blends or systems that can safely team up with free radicals and end the chain reaction before vital particles are harmed [47-49].
They can utilize a few frameworks:
(i) Seeking species that begin peroxidation
(ii) Chelating metal particles so they are not ready to make responsive species or deteriorate peroxes
(iii) Quenching O2 balancing advancement of peroxides,
(iv) Breaking the auto-oxidative chain reaction, and/or
(v) Reducing restricted O2 obsessions [50-51].
The resistance to oxidative feasibility of these blends depends on upon their mixture qualities and physical range within food (closeness to layer phospholipids, emulsion interfaces, or in the liquid stage) [52-53].
Cell fortifications (e.g., flavonoids, phenolic acids, tannins, vitamin C and vitamin E) have contrasting natural properties, for instance, moderating, unfriendly to malignancy creating and against atherosclerotic effects .
ROS are the middle people of irritation, and through this their connection with platelets, neutrophils, macrophages and different cells can include the combination of eicosanoids and the actuation and arrival of different cytokines, spreading the provocative procedure starting with one organ framework (liver) then onto the next (kidney, lungs, and so forth.) [55-58]. This outcome in tissue oxidative anxiety and numerous framework organ disappointments Era of ROS in trial creatures by actuation of CYP2E1 by fasting, or by introduction to ether anesthesia, brings about tissue oxidative stretch by consumption of tissue glutathione (GSH), and rebuilding of the GSH can keep the oxidative push and tissue harm (Lui et al., 1993) [59-63]. ROS-interceded irritation is included in the pathogenesis of irresistible illness, including tuberculosis and septic stun and in insusceptible and immune system illnesses, for example, rheumatoid joint pain and incendiary entrails infection. Later studies have likewise ensnared the inclusion of ROS in growth atherosclerosis, hepatitis, AIDS and Alzheimer's dementia different framework organ disappointment and respiratory pain disorder (ARDS) [64-65].
Atomic components of ROS danger and ROS-interceded ailment, include: (i) oxidation of basic thiol mixes to disulphide’s, (ii) loss of tissue GSH, (iii) hindrance of vitality era (ATP, NADH, NADPH), (iv) restraint of Ca2+ transport and electrolyte homeostasis, (v) oxidation of cytochromes, (vi) DNA strand cleavage, and (vii) the start and advancement of transformations and carcinogenesis [66-70].
Among the distinctive frameworks for wholesome boundary and contamination revultion are: (i) ROS scavenging; (ii) diminishment of peroxides and repair of per oxidized natural layers; (iii) sequestration of iron to lessening ROS course of action; (iv) utilization of dietary lipids (brisk imperativeness creation and ROS seeking by short-chain unsaturated fats, ROS looking by cholesterol esters); and (v) elective normal pathways as happen in stomach development, various framework organ frustration and diabetes [71-75] .
With respect to some other pharmaceutical/intercession, cancer prevention agent supplementation is liable to present its own "restorative window". At the end of the day, there may be an ideal early timing after the introductory receptive oxygen species generation amid which supplementation may in any case have a "preventive impact". At that point, it ought to be additionally viewed as that every cancer prevention agent may introduce a particular and curious timing, the mix of cell reinforcements may adjust the "helpful window", and/or the length of presentation to supplementation may assume an essential part for the accomplishment of the impacts.
All in all, present proof does not permit to suggest cancer prevention agent supplementation as a valuable intend to forestall age-related pathophysiological adjustments and clinical conditions. A few concerns are available about their adequacy, as well as on their security. No suggestion will be made until a clearer photo of
1) Instruments hidden the maturing process,
2) The system existing among the distinctive cell reinforcement atoms,
3) The relationship between professional oxidant and cancer prevention agent calculate,
4) The pathogenesis of the oxidative harm related sickness, and
5) Dependable markers of oxidant and cancer prevention agent levels will be given.
- Kaisar MA, Cucullo L. OTC Antioxidant Products for the Treatment of Cardiovascular and other Disorders: Popular Myth or Fact?. J Pharmacovigilance. 2015; 3:e136.
- Augustine O Olusola. Effects of Hibiscus sabdariffa calyx anthocyanins and ascorbate on 2, 4- dinitrophenylhydrazine-induced changes in the activities of antioxidant enzymes in rabbits.Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies. 2014.
- RiazUddin, RaushanaraAkter, SM RaquibuHasan, EhsanuHoqueMazumder, and MdAshrafulAlam, et. al.In Vitro Free Radical Scavenging and Membrane Stabilizing Activity of Paederiafoetida Leaves.Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies. 2014.
- RamuRavirala, SaritaKotagiri, VrushabendraSwamy BM, ArchanaSwamy P, and VishwanathSwamy KM, et. al.Hypoglycemic and Hypolipidemic Activities of Hydro-Alcoholic Extract of EchinochloaFrumentacea Link Grains in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats.Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies. 2013.
- B SomashekarShetty.Wound Healing and Indigenous Drugs: Role as Antioxidants: A Review.Medical and Health Sciences. 2013.
- Deepa R, Manjunatha H, Krishna V and Kumara Swamy BE. Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity and Antioxidant Activity by Electrochemical Method of Ethanolic Extract of PterocarpusmarsupiumRoxb Bark.J BiotechnolBiomater. 2014; 4:166.
- Sumaiya Mohammed AslamAlbulushi, Hanan Al Saidi, NirmalaAmaresh, and AR Mullaicharam, Study of Physicochemical Properties, Antibacterial and GC-MS Analysis of Essential Oil of the Aniseed (Pimpinellaanisum Linn.) in Oman..PHARMACOGNOSY AND PHYTOCHEMISTRY. 2014.
- Anitha S, Suresh GS, Ramaiah M, and Vaidya VP.Bioactivity guided isolation of various extracts of Cosciniumfenestratum for Antioxidant activity.PHARMACOGNSOY AND PHYTOCHEMISTRY. 2014.
- DiptiSoni, Surbhi Benjamin, RakshitAmeta and Suresh C Ameta. Chemical Investigation for Antioxidant Property of Natural Extracts of Cinnamon, Black Pepper and Turmeric Using Singlet Oxygen.JOURNAL OF FOOD AND DAIRY TECHNOLOGY. 2014.
- RinkuMathappan, and Sanjay P Umachigi. Antioxidant Activity of the Methanolic and Aqueous Extracts of Urenalobata (Linn.) by DPPH Method.Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2013.
- Ezhilarasi K, Sudha V, GeethaRamachandran, DhamodharanUmapathy, Rama Rajaram, et. al.A Simple and Specific Method for Estimation of Lipoic Acid in Human Plasma by High Performance Liquid Chromatography.J Chromatogr Sep Tech. 2014; 5: 245.
- V Rathabai, and C Baskaran.Antioxidant Activity of Some Selected Medicinal Plants in Southern Region of India.Journal of Botanical Sciences. 2013.
- Hernández DAK, Barrientos-Morales M, Cervantes AP, Hernández BA, Domínguez MB, et al. Antioxidant Effects of Seminal Plasma on Cellular Morphological Viability of Swine Semen Post-Cryopreservation. J VeterinarSci Technol. 2015; 6:225.
- Sadhana Singh and AK Gupta. Evaluation of Phenolics Content, Flavonoids and Antioxidant activity of Curcuma amada (Mango Ginger) and Zingiberofficinale (Ginger).JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY. 2013.
- Jeeva S and AnlinSheebha Y. A Review of Antidiabetic Potential of Ethnomedicinal Plants.Med Aromat Plants. 2014; 3:165.
- SnezanaAgatonovicKustrin, David Mortona, Pauzi A. Yusof.Reversed Phase HPTLC-DPPH Free Radical Assay as a Screening Method for Antioxidant Activity in Marine Crude Extracts.Oceanography. 2014; 2: e112.
- Tobias M Ntuli.The Role - Activity and/or Processing - Of (Re) Active Oxygen Species in Desiccation Sensitivity and/or Tolerance, Development, Dormancy and/or Germination in Seeds.Horticulture. 2014; 1:110.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh.Vitamin E Analogs as Radiation Countermeasures: Beyond the Antioxidant Activities.Mol Biol. 2014. 3: e116.
- Soundarapandian P, Shyamalendu Roy and Varadharajan D.Antioxidant Activity in Hard and Soft Shell Crabs of Charybdis lucifera(Fabricius, 1798).J Aquac Res Development. 2014. 5: 288.
- Abd El Baky HH, ElBaroty GS, Ibrahim AE and E Baz FK. Cytotoxicity, Antioxidants and Antimicrobial Activities of Lipids Extracted from Some Marine Algae.J Aquac Res Development. 2014; 5: 284
- Faten M. AbouElella and Rehab Farouk Mohammed Ali. Antioxidant and Anticancer Activities of Different Constituents Extracted from Egyptian Prickly Pear Cactus (Opuntiaficus-indica) Peel.Biochem Anal Biochem. 2014; 3:158.
- Association of Total Levels of Serum Antioxidants with Intensity and Periportal Fibrosis of Schistosomamansoni Infection in WorkeMado, Ethiopia, 2013.Biochem Anal Biochem. 2014; 3:157
- UlisesOsunaMartiacutenez, Jorge ReyesEsparza and Lourdes RodriacuteguezFragoso. Cactus (Opuntiaficus-indica): A Review on its Antioxidants Properties and Potential Pharmacological Use in Chronic Diseases.Nat Prod Chem Res. 2014; 2: 153.
- IlikaGhosh, Sonia Poddar and Anita Mukherjee.Evaluation of the Protective Effect of Hibiscus sabdariffa L. Calyx (Malvaceae) Extract on Arsenic Induced Genotoxicity in Mice and Analysis of its Antioxidant Properties.Biol Med (Aligarh). 2014; 7: 218.
- Cheryl E Green and Sylvia A Mitchell.The Effects of Blanching, Harvest Time and Location (with a Minor Look at Postharvest Blighting) on Oleoresin Yields, Percent Curcuminoids and Levels of Antioxidant Activity of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizomes Grown in Jamaica.Mod Chem Appl. 2014; 2: 140.
- JinHua Liu, ZeJian Wang, Yuhua Wang, Ju Chu, YingPing, et. al.Structural Elucidation and Antioxidant Activity of a Polysaccharide from Mycelia Fermentation of Hirsutellasinensis Isolated from Ophiocordycepssinensis.J Bioprocess Biotech. 2014; 4:183.
- Khaled M. Youssef and Sayed M. Mokhtar.Effect of Drying Methods on the Antioxidant Capacity, Color and Phytochemicals of Portulacaoleracea L. Leaves.J Nutr Food Sci. 2014; 4: 322.
- Yellamma K.Silk Protein, Sericin as a Cognitive Enhancer in Alzheimer’s Disease.J Alzheimers Dis Parkinsonism. 2014; 4:163.
- Tiwari SC and Soni RM.Alzheimer’s Disease Pathology and Oxidative Stress: Possible Therapeutic Options.J Alzheimers Dis Parkinsonism. 2014; 4:162.
- Gunjan B, Zaidi MGH and Sandeep A. Impact of Gold Nanoparticles on Physiological and Biochemical Characteristics of Brassica juncea.J Plant Biochem Physiol. 2014; 2:133.
- LeventYurdaerAydemir and AhmetYemeniciolu.Antioxidant Activity of Pulse Hydrocolloids: Classical Screening Methods Depending on Water Soluble Phenolic Antioxidants Need Revision to Measure True Antioxidant Potential of Pulses.J Plant Biochem Physiol. 2014; 2:131.
- DerarRefaat and Hamdoun.Improvement of Conception in Sheep Using Different Hormonal Treatments during Mating and their Influence on the Antioxidant Status.J Metabolic Synd. 2014; 3: 156.
- Zoheir A Damanhouri and Aftab Ahmad, (2014)A Review on Therapeutic Potential of Piper nigrum L. (Black Pepper): The King of Spices.Med Aromat Plants. 2014; 3:161.
- Abd El Azim M H M, Amani M D ElMesallamy, ElGerby M, and Awad A.Anti-Tumor, Antioxidant and Antimicrobial and the Phenolic Constituents of Clove Flower Buds (Syzygiumaromaticum).J Microbial Biochem Technol. 2014; S8-007.
- NeetiSharmabrnbsp.Free Radicals, Antioxidants and Disease .Biol Med (Aligarh). 2014. 6: 214.
- Anil Kr Chauhan, Smita Singh, Ravi P Singh and Abhai Kumar. Determination of Antioxidant Capacity, Total Phenolics and Antimicrobial Properties of Spray-Dried Guava Extract for Value-Added Processing.J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 368.
- NarayanaKomaravelli and AntonellaCasola.Respiratory Viral Infections and Subversion of Cellular Antioxidant Defenses.J Pharmacogenomics Pharmacoproteomics. 2014; 5:4.
- Olga Gortzi, VasiliosAthanasiadis, Stavros Lalas, IoannaChinou and John Tsaknis. Study of Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Chios Mastic Gum Fractions (Neutral, Acidic) Before and After Encapsulation in Liposomes.J Food Process Technol 2014; 5: 355.
- SerairiBeji Raja, MsiliniNajoua, AbidiAnouar, SaidiOussama, JameleddineSaloua and KsouriRiadh, et. al. Protective Effect of ATRA on Bleomycin Induced Lung Fibrosis in Rat.Med chem. 2014; 4: 611.
- Andrea Mahn, Mauricio Zamorano and Alejandro Reyes.Effect of Freeze-Drying Conditions on Antioxidant Compounds of Broccoli.J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 360.
- DigantaKalita and Sastry S Jayanty.Comparison of Polyphenol Content and Antioxidant Capacity of Colored Potato Tubers, Pomegranate and Blueberries.J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 358.
- Soma Singh and Genitha Immanuel.Extraction of Antioxidants from Fruit Peels and its Utilization in Paneer.J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 349.
- Nina Gringer, Ali Osman, Henrik H Nielsen, Ingrid Undeland and Caroline P Baron.Chemical Characterization, Antioxidant and Enzymatic Activity of Brines from Scandinavian Marinated Herring Products.J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 346.
- Moussa Ahmed, Baghdad Khiati, AbdelmalekMeslem, SaadAissat and NoureddineDjebli. Evaluation of Physicochemical and Antioxidant Properties of Raw Honey from Algeria.J Microbial Biochem Technol. 2014; S4-006.
- Makubalihono, et al., Evaluation of Two Levels of Plum Concentrates as an Alternative to Polyphosphates in Post-Harvest Preservation of Ictaluruspunctatus X I. furcatus Catfish Fillets.J Fisheries Livest Prod. 2014; 2:116.
- Mahmoud Mohamed AlouElMakarem, MoussaMadanyMoustafa, Mohamed AbdelAzizFahmy, Aamer Mohamed AbdelHamed, Khaled Nagy Elfayomy and Medhat Mohamed AbdelSalamDarwish, et. al.Evaluation of Carbonylated Proteins in Hepatitis C Virus Patients.Mod Chem Appl. 2014; 2: 130.
- Zafrilla P, Cerda B, Soler A, Xandri JM, MartinezCacha A and Mulero J, et. al. Hereditary Breast Cancer in Moroccan Populations: BRCA1 & BRCA2 at the Glance.J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2014; 5: 232.
- Darcy MF Gondim, Ilka M Vasconcelos, Frederico BMB Moreno, Ana CO MonteiroMoreira, Jose H ArauacutejoFilho, et. al. 2D-PAGE of Cashew Stem Coupled to LC ESI Q-TOF MS/MS Reveals Abundance of Antioxidant Enzymes and Heat Shock Proteins, Compatible with the Crop Adaptation to the Semi-Arid Conditions of Tropical Countries.J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2014; S6:004.
- Alia Sadiq, Muhammad Qasim Hayat and SheebaMurad Mall.Qualitative and Quantitative Determination of Secondary metabolites and Antioxidant Potential of Eruca sativa.Nat Prod Chem Res. 2014; 2: 137.
- AlineAugustiBoligon, Michel Mansur Machado and MargarethLindeAthayde.Technical Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity.Med chem. 2014; 4: 517.
- Bina S Siddiqui, Fouzia A Sattar, Sabira Begum, Ashana Dar, Mohammad Nadeem , et. al. A Note on Anti-leishmanial, Spasmolytic and Spasmogenic, Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Fruits, Leaves and Stem of Morindacitrifolia Linn – an Important Medicinal and Food Supplement Plant.Med Aromat Plants. 2014; 3:3.
- Hosam O Elansary.Natural Antioxidants and their Role against Human Cancer.J Plant Biochem Physiol. 2014; 2:e125.
- Eissa HA, Shaheen MS and Botros HW.Impact of ?-Irradiation on Aroma Flavour, Bio-Active Constituents and Quality Attributes of Water Melon Juice.J Plant PatholMicrobiol. 2014; 5: 227.
- Moustafa A Abbassy, Mamdouh A Marzouk, Sameeh A Mansour, Hassan A Shaldam and AbdelTawab H Mossa.Impact of Oxidative Stress and Lipid Peroxidation Induced by Lambdacyhalothrin on P450 in Male Rats: The Ameliorating Effect of Zinc.J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2014; 4:218.
- Jorge Guillermo HurtadoGodinez, Leonel Garcia Benavides, Sara Pascoe Gonzalez, Ivan Isidro Hernandez Cantildeaveral, Francisco Javier Galvez Gastelum and IrineaYantildeez Sanchez, et. al.(2014)Effects of Nutritional Supplement with a-Lipoic Acid in Patients with Recurrent Pterygium.J ClinExpOphthalmol. 2014; 5: 338.
- Noha M. Zaki. Progress and Problems in Nutraceuticals Delivery.J BioequivAvailab.
- Dedar RK, Legha RA, Bala PA, Ravi SK, Yash Pal and Gupta AK, et. al.Effect of Oral Supplementation of Vitamin C and Exercise on Plasma Vitamin C Status in Marwari Horses.J VeterinarSci Technol. 2014; 5: 169.
- T Settle and H Klandorf.The Role of Uric Acid as an Antioxidant in Selected Neurodegenerative Disease Pathogenesis: A Short Review.Brain DisordTher. 2014; 3:129.
- Mahmoud FF, Dashti AA, Abul HT, JumaTH, Omu AE, et. al.Antioxidant Enzymes in Gestational Diabetes: A Study on a Kuwaiti Population.Bioenergetics. 2014; 3: 117.
- Synthesis and Electrochemical Evaluation of Some Organic Molecules as an Antioxidant Agents.Pharm Anal Acta. 2014; 5: 296.
- ChahidBenammar, Choukri Baghdad, MeriemBelarbi, SelvakumarSubramaniam, Aziz Hichami and NaimAkhtar Khan, et. al.Antidiabetic and Antioxidant Activities of Zizyphus lotus L Aqueous Extracts in Wistar Rats.J Nutr Food Sci. 2014; S8-004.
- AlafiatayoAkinola A, Syahida Ahmad and MahmoodMaziah.Total Antioxidant Capacity, Total Phenolic Compounds and the Effects of Solvent Concentration on Flavonoid Content in Curcuma longa and Curcuma xanthorhhiza Rhizomes. Med Aromat Plants. 2014; 3: 156.
- Norliza Abdul Wahab, Russly Abdul Rahman, Amin Ismail, Shuhaimi Mustafa and PuziahHashim.Assessment of Antioxidant Capacity, Anti-collagenase and Anti-elastase Assays of Malaysian Unfermented Cocoa Bean for Cosmetic Application.Nat Prod Chem Res. 2014; 2: 132.
- Jonathan Polussa, Andrea Schneider and Randi Hagerman. Molecular Advances Leading to Treatment Implications for Fragile X Premutation Carriers.Brain DisordTher 2014; 3:119.
- Teresa De Pilli, Roma Giuliani, Antonio Derossi, Giuseppe Lopriore, Carla Severini, et. al.Ripening Stage Effects on Mechanical and Functional Properties of Pastry Filled with Sweet Cherries (Prunusavium, ‘Ferrovia’ Cultivar).J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 311.
- Berghot MA, Kandeel EM, AbdelRahman AH and MarwaAbdelMotaal.Synthesis, Antioxidant and Cytotoxic Activities of Novel Naphthoquinone Derivatives from 2,3-Dihydro-2,3-Epoxy-1,4- Naphthoquinone.Med chem. 2014; 4: 381.
- Maisarah AM, Asmah R and Fauziah O.Proximate Analysis, Antioxidant and Anti Proliferative Activities of Different Parts of Carica papaya.J Tissue Sci Eng. 2014; 5: 133.
- Nasser Zangiabadi, HosseinMohtashami, Mohammad Shabani and MandanaJafari. Neuroprotective Effect of Cerebrolysin on Diabetic Neuropathy: A Study on Male Rats.J Diabetes Metab. 2014; 5:355.
- Jianling Liu, ChunliZheng and Yonghua Wang. Perspective: Systems Pharmacology Strategy for Investigation of Antioxidant Drugs and Its Mechanisms of Action.J BioequivAvailab. 2014.
- LiYi Sun, DianKun Li, PaoJen Chen, YuYu Joyce Ho, JonSonKuo, et. al.Expansion of Semi-Automatic Processed Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells in Medium Supplemented with Autologous Serum and Antioxidants.J Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014; 4:193.
- Maisarah AM, Asmah R and Fauziah O.Proximate Analysis, Antioxidant and Antiproliferative Activities of Different Parts of Carica Papaya.J Nutr Food Sci. 2014; 4: 267.
- Eugene Neyfakh, AiguleAlimbekova and Igor Suskov.Chernobyl-Touched Children: E and A Hypovitaminoses-Related Mechanisms and Prevention of Radiogenic Mutagenicity and Teratogenicity.Vitam Miner. 2014; 3:117.
- Shahzad Ali ShahidChatha, Abdullah IjazHussain, RehanAsad, MudasirMajeed and NosheenAslam, (2014)Bioactive Components and Antioxidant Properties of TerminaliaarjunaL.Extracts. J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 298.
- Souad El Gengaihi, Faten M Aboul Ella, Emad M H, EmadShalaby and Doha H.Antioxidant Activity of Phenolic Compounds from Different Grape Wastes. J Food Process Technol. 2014; 5: 296.