Health Education and Preventive Health Check ups
Sandhya Sree M*
M. Pharm, Department of Pharmacology, Nagarjuna university, Guntur, AP, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Sandhya Sree M
M Pharm, Pharmacology
Nagarjuna university, Guntur, India
Received date: 04/03/2015 Accepted date: 04/04/2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
Health education and preventive health checkups are interlinked which helps in reduction of diseases. Public health sector in state health services is striving hard to improve Health education. Educational institutions and health professionals in private sectors also should take a forward step to conduct health education camps. Health education improves preventive health checkups which further increases chances of preventing dangerous diseases.
Health, Prevention, Diseases, Hygiene
Level of functional or metabolic efficiency of a living organism is called Health. The diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in human beings come under Health care. The profession of educating individuals and communities about health and its improvement is called Health education. Epidemiology, school hygiene, occupational hygiene, food hygiene, environmental hygiene and radiation hygiene are five major disciplines included in public health education [1-7]. In this competitive world people ignore their health until they are compelled to confront a medical complication. Most health problems (disease and disability) can be managed with Preventive Health Checks [8-14].
Preventive Health Checks, exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find health disturbance early, when there is better chance to treatment and cure [15-22]. The type of health checkup and screenings you need depends on your age, health and family history, and lifestyle choices such as what you eat, how active you are Preventive Health Checks are classified as Primary prevention, Secondary prevention, and Tertiary prevention [23-34].
Implementation of public health programs in global terms is urgent, including training healthcare professionals and technological innovation as crucial items to develop control over diseases and/or to create solutions for orphan diseases [35-44].
For neglected Preventive Health Checks, the conceptual summary is that they are connected with scenarios of poverty, precarious life conditions, as a consequence of profound socio-economic inequalities, as a historical condition of poor countries and it reflected with significant impact on the health of populations [45-54].
Researchers have found that healthcare professionals, community leaders and representatives of resident associations to take part in such health education events to spread qualified information, to discuss and develop collective proposals, to spread that information and promote preventive actions [55-66].
Herbal and Allopathic concomitant usage is more now a days not just because of lack of knowledge it is also because of unqualified health education. Individuals who self-medicate with herbs and health professionals with insufficient clarity on the herbal medicine are victims of improper health education [67-76].
Public health sector in state health services would be a desirable and welcome step to improve Health education. In some state government, public health sectors are available but they are running unsuccessful for the want of trained public health staff. Health education improves preventive health checkups which further increases chances of preventing dangerous diseases.
- Kathy Sexton Radek (2015) Public Health Message: More of the Message. J Sleep Disord Ther 4:e129.
- Simovska-Jarevska VP (2015) Improving Public Health through Nutrition Education. J Nutr Disorders Ther 5:e120.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Lu TR (2014) The Pathogenesis and Treatments of Diabetes, A New Insight. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:e102.
- Lu DY (2015) Important Factors for Controlling Ebola Epidemics. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:e103.
- Surajit S (2014) Protein Aggregation in Neurodegenerative Disorders: A Cause or Consequence? Adv Tech Biol Med 2:e105.
- Mishra SH (2014) Generating Novel Antibiotics from Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetases. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:e106.
- Balaji SR, Gupta KK, Anusha P, Raveena P (2014) Molecular Docking Studies of Wide Spectrum Targets in Staphylococcus aureus - An Aim towards Finding Potent Inhibitors. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:115.
- Perchyonok VT, Zhang S, Basson N, Grobler S, Oberholzer T, et al. (2014) Insights into Functional Erythromycin/Antioxidant Containing Chitosan Hydrogels as Potential Bio-active Restorative Materials: Structure, Function and Antimicrobial Activity. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:116.
- Chandana CB, Anindita T, Acheenta GB, Debesh CP (2014) Ulcer Protective Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Homalomena Aromatica (Spreng.) Schott. (Araceae) Root. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:117.
- Nelson J, Chairman K, Ranjit Singh AJA, Padmalatha C, Hepsibah B (2013) Cytomorphological Changes and Inhibition of Inclusion Body Formation in Leptospira interrogans on Treatment with the Extracts of Adhatoda vasica. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:101.
- Rao BS, Gupta KK, Kumari S, Gupta A, Pujitha K (2013) Conserved HIV Wide Spectrum Antipeptides-A Hope for HIV Treatment. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:102.
- Chen Q, Lai H, Hurtado J, Stahnke J, Leuzinger K, et al. (2013) Agroinfiltration as an Effective and Scalable Strategy of Gene Delivery for Production of Pharmaceutical Proteins. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:103.
- Nadia B, Benmahdi H (2013) Phytochemical Study: Antioxidant Activity of Euphorbia resinifera L. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:104.
- Najafi M (2013) Towards Performing Internal Quality-Control (IQC) Parameters in Clinical Laboratory. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:105.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Wu HY (2013) New Insights into Individualized Antimetastatic Therapy. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:106.
- Ahmed M (2013) Oncolytic Viruses as Therapeutic Agents for Prostate Cancer. Adv Tech Biol Med 1: 107.
- Kaymaz BT, Kosova B (2013) Advances in Therapeutic Approaches Using RNA Interference as a Gene Silencing Tool. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:108.
- Cayir A, Sahin IO, Butun MF, Ozaydin E, Emir S (2013) Children Pilomatricoma (Calcifying epithelioma): A case of Atypical Placement. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:110.
- Soundarapandian P, Dinakaran GK, Varadharajan D (2013) Biochemical Composition during the Embryonic Development and Freshly Hatched Zoea of Macrobrachium idella idella (Hilgendorf, 1898). Adv Tech Biol Med 1:111.
- Abou-Auda HS (2014) Possible Interethnic Differences in Rifampin Pharmacokinetics: Comparison of Middle Eastern Arabs With Other Populations. Adv Tech Biol Med 1:112.
- Kumar A, Singh S, Nath G (2014) Proteoglycomics and Disease Marker: Promises and Future Challenges. Adv Tech Biol Med 2:113.
- Lindsay GB, Merrill RM, Hedin RJ (2014) The Contribution of Public Health and Improved Social Conditions to Increased Life Expectancy: An Analysis of Public Awareness. J Community Med Health Educ 4:311.
- Jagun O, Faturoti O,Taiwo O (2014) Collaborating with Traditional Eye Medicine Practioners in South Western Nigeria: Towards Universal Eye Health. J Community Med Health Educ 4:312.
- Ikechukwu Ilo C (2014) Perception of Contributory Factors to Marital Sexual Satisfaction among Married Persons in Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria: Implications for Family Health.. J Community Med Health Educ 4:313.
- Nelson BB, Teutsch C, Chung PJ, Herman A (2014) Predictors of Sustained Implementation of Low-Literacy Health Education Programs. J Community Med Health Educ 4:314.
- Nigatu A, Demissie DB (2014) Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on Voluntary Blood Donation and Associated Factors among Ambo University Regular Students, Ambo Town, Ethiopia. J Community Med Health Educ 4:315.
- Bhave N, Reidy K, Randall Kinsella T, Brodsky AL, Robinson JK (2014) Caregiversâ€™ Response to Pediatric Clinicians Sun Protection Anticipatory Guidance: Sun Protective Swim Shirts for 2-6 year old Children. J Community Med Health Educ 4:316.
- Hailu S, Wassie B, Jara D (2014) Current Level and Correlates of Exclusive Breastfeeding among Employed Mothers in Debre Markoâ€™s Town, Northwest Ethiopia, 2013. J Community Med Health Educ 4:317.
- Ferguson A, Kavouras I, Ulmer R, Harris K, Rebecca H, et al. (2014) Environmental Health Education for Teachers: Results of Pre- and Post-surveys from a Pilot Study Addressing Chemical Use Reduction and Integrated Pest Management in Homes. J Community Med Health Educ 4:318.
- Lodolo L, Rossi C, Canale C, Barbaglia M, Prandi G, et al. (2014) Standardization and Enrichment of Culture Medium Improve Detection of Group B Streptococci during Prepartum Screening. J Community Med Health Educ 4:319.
- Pedersen M, Eeg MK, Jønsson A (2014) Video Stroboscopy Compared with High-Speed Films of Pathological Vocal Folds. J Community Med Health Educ 4:320.
- Olatunya OS, Oseni SB, Ogundele O, Oyelami OA (2014) A Study of the Primary School Environment in a Local Government Area, South West Nigeria. J Community Med Health Educ 4:321.
- Irvine JDC, Young SL, Irvine JD, Ramsden VR, Quinn B (2014) Chlamydial Testing Practice Effectiveness in a High Incidence Area of Northern Canada: An Aggregate Data Analysis and Chart Review. J Community Med Health Educ 4:322.
- Rahman A (2014) Dilemma in Management of Retinoblastoma. J Community Med Health Educ 4:323.
- Shrivastava SRBL,Shrivastava PS and Ramasamy J (2014) Public Health Interventions to Stabilize the Asymmetrical Sex Ratio in India . Biol Med (Aligarh) 7:e115.
- da Silva FR, de Albuquerque Navarro MBM, de Oliveira Saísse A, Elias B, Soares C (2014) Forum on Science and Health Training Program for Neglected and Re-Emerging Diseases. J Biosafety Health Educ 2: 126.
- FitzGerald MJ, Poureslami I, Shum J (2014) Perception, Cultural Norm, and Self-Efficacy: Edges of Smoking Habit Triangle among Chinese Adult Smokers. J Community Med Health Educ 5:324.
- Midzi N, Zinyowera SM, Mutsaka MJ, Ruhanya V, Magwenzi M, et al. (2014) Impact of School Based Health Education on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Grade Three Primary School Children in Zimbabwe. J Community Med Health Educ 4:295.
- Gemalasari Liman NG, Pratiwi C, Susilo NV, Mansyur M (2014) Education-Oriented Control Book for Patients with Hypertension in Primary Health Care. J Community Med Health Educ 4:296.
- Moattar M, Roozitalab M, Gholamzadeh S, Firoozi MS, ZareN (2014) Practical Application of Health Belief Model to Enhance the Uptake of Colorectal Cancer Screening . J Community Med Health Educ 4:297.
- Weiser P, Kilian R, McDaid D, Berti L, Burti L, et al. (2014) Rationale, Component Description and Pilot Evaluation of a Physical Health Promotion Measure for People with Mental Disorders across Europe. J Community Med Health Educ 4:298.
- Haris S, Jahan F, Afreen A, Ahmed H, Ahmed Z (2014) To Determine the Risk Factors and Prevalence of Osteoporosis among Adult Pakistani Population Residing in Karachi Using Quantitative Ultrasound Technique. J Community Med Health Educ 4:299.
- Gustafson A (2014) Family Meals and Neighborhood Food Resources Influence on Intake of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Added Sugars among Parents and Adolescents in Four Rural Counties. J Community Med Health Educ 4:300.
- Delmuns S, Roig M, Javierre C, Mans C, Maria GG (2014) Epidemiological Study of Injuries Arising from Karting Competition in Children. J Community Med Health Educ 4:301.
- Galvan L, Barefoot E (2014) Domestic Violence: Seeing DV Patient in the ED Setting. J Community Med Health Educ 4:302.
- RullÃ¡n A, GarcÃa J, Alvarez M, Talavera JO, Chu YF, et al. (2014) Effects of a Comprehensive Health and Wellness Program on Administrative Employees of a Corporation in Mexico. J Community Med Health Educ 4:303.
- Vijayalakshmi S, Patil R, Datta SS, Narayan KA, Stephen F (2014) Feeding Practices and Morbidity Pattern of Infants in a Rural Area of Puducherry-A Follow Up Study. J Community Med Health Educ 4:304.
- Pereira H, Fernandes M, Costa V, Amorim L, La-Rizza F, et al. (2014) Burnout in Portuguese Medical Students: Coping Strategies as a Mediating Variable. J Community Med Health Educ 4:306.
- Sobotka SA, Shah PK, Sheehan KM (2014) Comparison of Experiences with Care Coordination for Children with Special Healthcare Needs (CSHCN) in Illinois. J Community Med Health Educ 4:307.
- Smith JA (2014) The Influence of Problem Based Learning (PBL) in Undergraduate Medical Education on Surgical Trainees Post-Graduate Education. J Community Med Health Educ 4:308
- Careyva B, Jabbour K, Rasheed A (2014) Proton Pump Inhibitors: The Perils of Turning 30. J Community Med Health Educ 4:e125.
- Chalela P, Suarez L, Munoz E, Gallion KJ, Ramirez AG, et al. (2014) Promoting Factors and Barriers to Participation in Early Phase Clinical Trials: Patients Perspectives. J Community Med Health Educ 4:281.
- Mehrotra V, Agarwal S, Sawhny A, Gupta M, Garg K (2014) The Story of a Missing Tooth: A Case Report. J Community Med Health Educ 4:282.
- Ma GX, Seals BF, Tan Y, Lee R, Toubbeh J (2014) Using Mixed Methods to Examine Perceptions and Willingness to Participate in Bio-specimen Banking in Diverse Asian Americans. J Community Med Health Educ 4:283.
- Wang L, Tormala T (2014) Integrating Spatial and Aspatial Factors in Measuring Accessibility to Primary Health Care Physicians: A Case Study of Aboriginal Population in Sudbury, Canada. J Community Med Health Educ 4:284.
- Pandey A (2014) Challenges Experienced by Adolescent Girls while Menstruation in Kathmandu, Valley: A Qualitative Study. J Community Med Health Educ 4:285.
- Gebresilassie A, Kumei A, Yemane D (2014) Standard Precautions Practice among Health Care Workers in Public Health Facilities of Mekelle Special Zone, Northern Ethiopia. J Community Med Health Educ 4:286.
- Carradori T, Bravi F, Foglino S, Altini M, Marcon A (2014) Exploring Continuity of Care: The Patient Voice. J Community Med Health Educ 4:287.
- Tran BX, Nguyen QLT, Nong VM, Maher RM, Nguyen AT, et al. (2014) Student-Centred Outcomes of an E-learning Course on Public Health in Hanoi and New York. J Community Med Health Educ 4:288.
- Ngo TC, Wu MT, Shinghal R, Reese JH (2014) Vietnamese-American Men with Prostate Cancer Present with Worse Clinicopathologic Features Compared to the General Population. J Community Med Health Educ 4:289.
- Abdalaziz HSM, Essayed DEM, Khalid EFM (2014) Estimation of Anaesthesia Related Deaths in Elective Surgical Operations in Khartoum, Khartoum North and Omdurman Teaching Hospitals from October 2011 to October 2012. J Community Med Health Educ 4:290.
- Mohammed FA, Farhood HF, AtheemWtwt MA (2014) Prediction of Malnutrition Using Modified Subjective Global Assessment-Dialysis Malnutrition Score in Patients on Chronic Hemodialysis. J Community Med Health Educ 4:291.
- Beyer C (2014) Autonomy of the Child in the South African Context. J Community Med Health Educ 4:292.
- Galvan L, Barefoot E (2014) Domestic Violence: Seeing DV Patient in the ED Setting. J Community Med Health Educ 4:294.
- Kalpaxis DL (2014) Affinity of a Drug for and Residence Time at its Target. J Community Med Health Educ S2:e001.
- Jayawardena AS (2014) The Electronic Hospital Information System Implemented at the District General Hospital Trincomalee-An Experience of Business Process Re-engineering. J Community Med Health Educ S2:001.
- Goel S, Sharma D, Bahuguna P, Raj S, Singh A (2014) Predictors of Patient Satisfaction in Three Tiers of Health Care Facilities of North India. J ommunity Med Health Educ S2:002.
- Thélémaque LD, Madden D, Jandorf L (2014) Variance in Breast Cancer Screening Beliefs and Behaviors amongst African American and Afro-Caribbean Women. J Community Med Health Educ S2:003.
- Holla R, Unnikrishnan B, Ram P, Thapar R, Mithra P, et al. (2014) Occupational Exposure to Needle Stick Injuries among Health Care Personnel in a Tertiary Care Hospital: A Cross Sectional Study. J Community Med Health Educ S2:004.
- Birrer RB, Al-Enazy H, Sarru E (2014) Family Medicine in Saudi Arabia- Next Steps. J Community Med Health Educ S2:005.
- Birrer RB, Sarru E (2014) The Complete Practitioner: The Role of a Family Physician. J Community Med Health Educ S2:006.
- Birrer RB, Sarru E (2014) The Complete Practitioner: The Role of a Family Physician. J Community Med Health Educ S2:006.
- Harward DH, Bang H, Hu Y, Bomback AS, Kshirsagar AV (2014) Evaluation of the Scored Questionnaire to Identify Individuals with Chronic Kidney Disease in a Community-based Screening Program in Rural North Carolina. J Community Med Health Educ S2:007.
- Brown MJ, Cohen SA (2014) Association between Abusive and Nonabusive Adverse Childhood Experiences and Diagnosis of Cancer in Wisconsin, USA. J Community Med Health Educ S2:008.
- Hunsberger M, McGinnis P, Beamer BA, Smith J (2014) Student and Parental Perceptions of School-based Body Mass Index Screening and Notification. J Community Med Health Educ S2: 009.
- Oliveira SGD, Piva E, Lund RG (2015) The Possibility of Interactions between Medicinal Herbs and Allopathic Medicines used by Patients Attended at Basic Care Units of the Brazilian Unified Health System. Nat Prod Chem Res 3:171.