An Overview of Hypertension Pathophysiology
Vijay Kumar Kurna*
Department of Biochemistry, Chaitanya PG College, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India.
- *Corresponding Author:
- Kurna VK
Department of Biochemistry, Chaitanya PG College, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, India.
Received date: 08 October 2016 Accepted date: 25 October 2016 Published date: 08 October 2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
Blood pressure (BP) regulation includes the coordinated activities of various cardiovascular, renal, neural, endocrines, and nearby tissue control frameworks. Interminable hypertension is an issue of long haul BP regulation, albeit transient BP control frameworks might likewise be influenced. Irregular kidney capacity, as reflected by resetting of renal-weight natriures is to higher BP, is available in all types of constant hypertension [1-5]. Be that as it may, debilitated renal-weight natriuresis and incessant hypertension can be created by extrarenal and in addition intrarenal components that lessen glomerular filtration rate (GFR) or increment renal tubular salt and water reabsorption; some of these variables incorporate abundance enactment of the renin–angiotensin–aldosterone and thoughtful sensory systems, expanded receptive oxygen species, endothelin, and incendiary cytokines, or diminished union of nitric oxide and different natriuretic elements [6-9]. In spite of the fact that the exact reasons for hindered kidney work in human essential hypertension are not totally comprehended, extreme weight addition and dietary elements seem to assume a noteworthy part since hypertension is uncommon in non-stout seeker accumulates living in non-industrialized social orders. Late advances in hereditary qualities guarantee chances to find quality environment collaborations that may add to hypertension, despite the fact that achievement up to this point has been constrained predominantly to ID of uncommon monogenic types of hypertens [10-13].
Hypertension is the main danger element for cardiovascular passings, creating pretty nearly 7.6 million premature passings every year around the world [14-16]. 1 Over 1 billion individuals including more than 50 million Americans have hyper- strain, making it the most well-known interminable illness. Blood pressure (BP) regularly ascends with age and in the United States, roughly 50% of individuals 60 - 69 years of age and 75% of individuals 70 years and more established have hypertension. 1 In non-industrialized populaces, how- ever, BP does not ascend with maturing and just a little fraction of the populace creates hypertension [16-19]. This proposes that ecological elements assume a noteworthy part in creating hypertension, and that an ascent in BP with maturing is not inexorable when these conditions are missing. An immediate positive relationship in the middle of BP and cardio- vascular ailment CVD danger has been seen in men and ladies of all ages, races, ethnic gatherings, and nations, paying little respect to other danger components for CVD [20-22]. 2 Observational studies demonstrate that passing from CVD increments progres- sively as BP transcends 115 mmHg systolic and 75 mmHg diastolic weight. 2 For each 20 mmHg sys- tolic or 10 mmHg diastolic increment in BP there is a dou- bling of mortality from ischemic coronary illness and stroke in all age bunches from 40 to 89 years of age [23-25].
Primary Hypertension Pathophysiology
Hypertension (HT), the most predominant cardiovascular issue, is a noteworthy wellbeing issue all through the world. This section concentrates on the pathophysiology of essential HT from an expansive point of view .
Notwithstanding microvascular instruments, the section stresses on macrovascular, renal, cardiovascular hormonal and neuronal elements adding to the etiology of essential HT. It endeavors to survey cell, atomic and hereditary components, integrative pathobiology and clinical and populace perceptions bearing on the improvement of essential HT in an adjusted manner. The part likewise brings up territories of insufficent learning and open doors for future exploration. Since essential HT is a perplexing issue with various inputs to the sickness handle, the exchange has concentrated on the present comprehension of the major pathophysiological elements included in essential HT and their combination that outcome in hoisted BP. The etiology and pathogenesis of essential HT stay obscure [27-29]. The kidneys, specifically renal Na+ maintenance, constitute an essential and managing figure the advancement of HT. Notwithstanding, the exact renal systems of Na+ maintenance that prompt HT stay uncertain. The revelation of polymorphisms of a few competitor qualities has not illuminated the general hereditary premise of essential HT. From the point of view of the microvasculature, generous advances have added to the comprehension of the instruments overseeing compression, the redesigning procedure and the part of aggravation and fibrosis in HT [30-33].
Hypertension is basic in CKD patients and contributes both to CKD movement and to the cardiovascular comorbidities that are habitually connected with CKD. The vital significance of the kidney in volume homeostasis through its sodium excretory part, RAAS regulation, thoughtful hyperactivity, endothelial brokenness and the more noteworthy powerlessness to irritation and oxidative push in CKD all add to the pathophysiology of raised circulatory strain in patients with disabled kidney capacity [34-37].
HTN can be classified as primary (or essential) HTN and secondary HTN accounting for 95% and 5% of hypertensive patients respectively. Although the aetiology of essential HTN is unknown, it typically begins in the fifth or sixth decade of life, is often associated with increased salt intake and obesity and has a strong relationship with family history, underscoring the possibility of genetic predisposition for the disease. Conversely identifiable causes such as renal artery stenosis, chronic kidney disease, sleep apnoea and adrenal diseases accompany secondary HTN. The common phenomenon in both scenarios is the derangement of multiple mechanisms involved in the maintenance of normal blood pressures and as such, the sympathetic nervous system, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, endothelial function plus sodium and water retention have been extensively studied to ascertain mechanisms involved in the development of the disease [38-40].
Hypertension is an endless rise of circulatory strain that, in the long haul, reasons end-organ harm and results in expanded dismalness and mortality [41-43]. Pulse is the result of cardiovascular yield and systemic vascular resistance. It takes after that patients with blood vessel hypertension may have an increment in heart yield, an increment in systemic vascular resistance, or both. In the more youthful age amass, the heart yield is frequently lifted, while in more seasoned patients expanded systemic vascular resistance and expanded solidness of the vasculature assume a predominant part. Vascular tone may be raised due to expanded α-adrenoceptor incitement or expanded arrival of peptides, for example, angiotensin or endothelins. The last pathway is an increment in cytosolic calcium in vascular smooth muscle creating vasoconstriction. A few development elements, including angiotensin and endothelins, cause an increment in vascular smooth bulk termed vascular renovating. Both an increment in systemic vascular resistance and an increment in vascular firmness increase the heap forced on the left ventricle; this prompts left ventricular hypertrophy and left ventricular diastolic brokenness [44-49].
In youth, the beat weight created by the left ventricle is generally low and the waves reflected by the fringe vasculature happen principally after the end of systole, in this manner expanding weight amid the early piece of diastole and enhancing coronary perfusion. With maturing, solidifying of the aorta and versatile veins expands the beat weight. Reflected waves move from ahead of schedule diastole to late systole. These outcomes in an increment in left ventricular afterload, and adds to left ventricular hypertrophy. The augmenting of the beat weight with maturing is an in number indicator of coronary illness [50-55].
The autonomic sensory system assumes a vital part in the control of circulatory strain. In hypertensive patients, both expanded arrival of, and upgraded fringe affectability to, norepinephrine can be found. Also, there is expanded responsiveness to unpleasant jolts [56-58]. Another element of blood vessel hypertension is a resetting of the baroreflexes and diminished baroreceptor affectability. The renin–angiotensin framework is included at any rate in a few types of hypertension (e.g. renovascular hypertension) and is smothered in the vicinity of essential hyperaldosteronism. Elderly or dark patients have a tendency to have low-renin hypertension. Others have high-renin hypertension and these are more prone to create myocardial dead tissue and other cardiovascular confusions [59-62].
In human key hypertension, and exploratory hypertension, volume regulation and the relationship between circulatory strain and sodium discharge (weight natriuresis) are irregular [63-66]. Extensive proof shows that resetting of weight natriuresis assumes a key part in bringing about hypertension. In patients with key hypertension, resetting of weight natriuresis is described either by a parallel movement to higher blood weights and salt-unfeeling hypertension, or by a diminished incline of weight natriuresis and salt-touchy hypertension [67-72].
Resistant hypertension is characterized as inability to accomplish objective circulatory strain (BP) when a patient holds fast to the greatest endured measurements of 3 antihypertensive medications including a diuretic [67-69]. The commonness of safe hypertension is anticipated to build, attributable to the maturing populace and expanding patterns in weight, rest apnea, and ceaseless kidney illness [73-76]. Administration of safe hypertension must start with a watchful assessment of the patient to affirm the finding and prohibit variables connected with "pseudo-resistance, for example, shameful BP estimation method, the white-coat impact, and poor patient adherence to way of life and/or antihypertensive pharmaceuticals. Training and fortification of way of life issues that influence BP, for example, sodium confinement, decrease of liquor admission, and weight reduction if large, are discriminating in treating safe hypertension [77-79].
Diagnosis and patient evaluation
Estimation of blood pressure values should be possible either physically utilizing a sphygmomanometer or a robotized electronic gadget (both office and home) or when doable mobile circulatory strain checking is used. The recent two are favored since they are reproducible and discount onlooker predisposition. Readings are measured in both arms utilizing arm sleeves for precision [80-85].
Changes in the thoughtful nervous system and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone framework are key figures the advancement and upkeep of hypertension. Changes in vascular tone and renal sodium discharge are an immediate impact of this irregularity and these progressions are frequently joined by modifications in baroreflexes and autoregulation, both set up for homeostasis of pulse. Accordingly all treatment systems for hypertension are coordinated at restoring the movement of the SNS and RAAS. Albeit pharmaceutical treatment of HTN is quintessential, way of life intercessions are similarly critical in overcoming this preventable and effectively analyzed pathology.
- Srimatkandada P, Coviello AD. Severe Autoimmune Hyperthyroidism in Two Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension after Treatment with Epoprostenol. Thyroid Disorders Ther. 2015; 4:176.
- Azhar R, Gauhar A. Haemodynamic Response to Tracheal Extubation: Verapamil versus Metoprolol. General Med. 2015; 3:170.
- Helvaci RM, Ozcan A (2015) White Coat Hypertension is a Pioneer Sign of Metabolic Syndrome. J Metabolic Synd. 2015; 4:172.
- Aleyeidi N, AseriK.The Efficacy of Wet Cupping on Blood Pressure among Hypertension Patients in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: A Randomized Controlled Trial Pilot Study. AlternInteg Med. 2015; 4:183.
- Kaul N, Singh YP, Badaruddoza, Bhanwer AJS. Status of T2D In Punjabi Indian Females Based on Risk Variable Factor Analysis. J Biomol Res Ther. 2015; 4: 122.
- Kincaid BB, Muzyk AJ, Kanter RJ, Preudâ€™homme XA. Manifestations of Anxiety? Explaining Tachycardia and Hypertension in a Patient with POTS. Fam Med Med Sci. 2015; Res 4:153.
- Tsunehisa Yamamoto, Yuichi Tamura, Tomohiko Ono, Makoto Takei, Motoaki Sano, et. al. Relationship between Digit Ratio and Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Japanese Women.J Vasc Med Surg. 2015; 3:175.
- Moriuchi S, Dehara M, Shimizu T, Fukuya S, Fukunaga T, et al. Lumbar-Peritoneal Shunt followed by Donepezil Administration for Residual Cognitive Impairment in Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus: A Case Report. J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2015; 6:274.
- Aziz A, Lee AM, Ufere NN, Damiano RJ, Townsend RR, et al. Proteomic Profiling of Early Chronic Pulmonary Hypertension: Evidence for Both Adaptive and Maladaptive Pathology. J PulmRespir Med. 2015; 5:241.
- Reyes LR, Nauffal D, Ortega GA, Menéndez MA, Fandos MJ, et al. Clinical Characteristics and Survival of Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension: A 40-Month Mean Follow-Up . J PulmRespir Med. 2015; 5:235.
- Speziale M, Barbini N. Cardiovascular Risk for Workers in Big, Infrastructure Projects. Occup Med Health Aff. 2015; 3:191.
- Maatoug J, Zammit N, Bhiri S, Hmad S, ImedHarrabi, et al. Three-Year Intervention Program to Prevent Hypertension in Workplaces in Tunisia: A Pre-Post Quasi-Experimental Design with Control Group. J Clin Trials. 2015; 5:202.
- ZalinaNusee, Hoe KahSeong, Hamizah Ismail, Suhaiza Abdullah, HtikeMyatPhyu, et. al. The Effects of Maternal Serum Lipid on Maternal Blood Pressure and Fetal Birth Weight: A Prospective Cohort Study.GynecolObstet (Sunnyvale). 2015; 5: 276.
- Kyle D Maxwell, Preeya T Shah and Joseph I Shapiro.The Plasmalemmal Na/K-ATPase: An Amplifier for Reactive Oxygen Species?.J Hypertens. 2015; 4: 197.
- Adamu Umar G, Umenze IK, Ibok IO, Abdullahi Aisha, Olaniyi OM and Oladele CO, et. al.Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome According to Three Defining Criteria in Hypertensive Population in a Rural Hospital Setting.J Hypertens 2015; 4: 196.
- A Novel BioTarget in Treatment of Heart Failure: Changes in Serum Galectin-3 Levels after Spironolactone Therapy.J Hypertens. 2015; 4: 195.
- Basil N Okeahialam.Twelve Month Follow-Up Audit of Nigerian Hypertensives on Back Titration.J Hypertens. 2015; 4: 194.
- Basem Abbas Al Ubaidi.Putting Evidence Based JNC 8 Guideline into Primary Care Practice.J Hypertens. 2015; 4: 193.
- Akira Ukimura, Hirohisa Matsuda, Yoko Yamauchi, Kazuhisa Yamamoto, Kei Hirai, et. al.Azilsartan is More Effective as Compared to Olmesartan in Hemodialysis Patients with Uncontrolled Hypertension.J NephrolTher. 2015; 5: 193.
- HirobumiAsarkua, TakehikoFukami, Tomoko Inagaki and Naoko Tateyama. Serious Influence of Yersinia Enterocolitis on Pregnancy in a Woman Complicated With Chronic Hypertension and Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: A Case Report.J Preg Child Health.
- Kalyani H Barve, GinpreetKaur, Aadesh Kumar and SaloniDaftardar.The Effect of Murrayakoenigii Extract on Therapeutic Efficacy of Amlodipine in Rats: Possible Drug-Herb Interaction.General Med. 2015.
- Gunes ARIK and BurcuBalam YAVUZ.Hypertension in Older Adults-Geriatrician Point of View.J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2014; 3: 182.
- Qing Zhu, Ali Amjad, Zhenyan Fu, Yitong Ma, Ding Huang, et. al. Single Nucleotide Polymorphism of the CYP2J2 Gene is Associated with Essential Hypertension in Uygur Population in China.Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015; 4:159.
- Paola Mesiano, Carlo Massara, Cristiana Rollino, Marco Borca and Dario Roccatello, (2015)Vascular Injury by Arterial Hypertension in Anti-Phospholipid Antibody Syndrome.J Vasc Med Surg. 2015; 3:170.
- Zafar F, Ali H, Naveed S, Korai OU, Rizvi M, et. al. Drug Utilization Pattern in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Descriptive Study in Tertiary Care Settings in Pakistan.J BioequivAvailab. 2015.
- Adeyeye OO, Ogbera OA, Dada AO, Bamisile RT and BrodieMens A.Correlates of Abnormal Pulmonary Function Tests in Persons with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.J PulmRespir Med. 2015; 5: 231.
- Salamatu U Aliyu, Adetoyeje Y Oyeyemi, Dominic G Udoh and Oyeyemi AL.Prevalence of Overweight/Obesity and Undiagnosed Hypertension among Military Personnel in Maiduguri, Nigeria.J Nov Physiother. 2015; 5: 237.
- JadelisGiquel, Margarita Nieto, Christina Matadial and Christopher Palermo.Cardiovascular Manifestations of Hyperglycemia: A Review Article.J Gen Pract. 2014; 2: 191.
- Nabil K Elnaggar.Diabetes and Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 192.
- Jan Vaclavik and Jiri Sliva.ACE Inhibitors or Sartans in the Treatment of Hypertension: A Needless Discussion?.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 191.
- TranscatheterEmbolisation with Onyx of a Persistent Type 1a Endoleak.J Hypertens. 2013. 3: 190.
- Wilbert S Aronow.What Should the Systolic Blood Pressure Goal be in Adults with Hypertension?.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 189.
- Grace AtienoJalangrsquoo, Lungiswa Primrose Tsolekile and ThandiPuoane.Do Healthcare Workers Adhere to Diabetes Clinical Care Guidelines? A Study at a National Hospital, Kenya.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 188.
- AQing Wang, Alexander So, JuumlrgNussberger, Annette Ives, NathalianeBagnoud, et. al. Renin-Dependent Hypertension in Mice Requires the NLRP3- Inflammasome.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 187.
- Abiodun M Adeoye, Williams O Balogun, AdewoleAdebiyi and Bamidele O Tayo.Prevalence of Hypertension and Association with Increased Body Mass in a Semi-Urban Settlement in Nigeria.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 186.
- Faacutebio T Montrezol, Hanna KM Antunes, VacircniaDrsquoAlmeida, Ricardo J Gomes and Alessandra Medeiros. Resistance Training Promotes Reduction in Blood Pressure and Increase Plasma Adiponectin of Hypertensive Elderly Patients.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 185.
- Mohammad K Dallatu, Elizabeth Nwokocha, Ngozi AGU, Choi Myung, Mohammad A Newaz, et. al.The Role of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor/Prolyl Hydroxylation Pathway in Deoxycorticosterone Acetate/Salt Hypertension in the Rat.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 184.
- Seiko Miyata and Akiko Noda.Effects of a Custom-Made Pillow on Sleep and Blood Pressure Circadian Rhythm.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 183.
- YunfuLv, Wan Yee Lau, Xiaoyu Han, Xiaoguang Gong, Qingyong Ma, et. al.Grading of Peripheral Cytopenias due to Splenomegaly and Hepatitis B Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 182.
- Yoshiyuki Shimizu, Shigeyuki Yamamoto, Dai Fukumoto, Hiroyuki Ohba, TakeharuKakiuchi, et. al.Targeting of the Adenosine Receptors as A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Arterial Hypertension.J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2014; 5:243.
- Sinny Delacroix, Ramesh G Chokka and Stephen G Worthley.Hypertension: Pathophysiology and Treatment.J NeurolNeurophysiol. 2014; 5:250.
- JaiminiNatvarlal Patel, Subha Gupta, MansiFauzdar, Nisarg Patel and ShwetaChaturvedi.Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis Associated with Polycystic Kidney Disease.J Liver. 2015; 4: 171.
- Amresh Kumar, TanuAgrawal, and Lovekush Gupta.Assessment of Right and Left Ventricular Function in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Their Co-Relation with the Severity of Disease..Medical and Health Sciences. 2014.
- Rekha MB, Rekha MS, and Purushotham Naidu. Assessment and Evaluation of Drug Information Needs of Physicians Treating Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus with Co-Existing Hypertension in a Tertiary Care Hospital.Medical and Health Sciences. 2014.
- Suresh NayakB, and Suresh DR.Study of Body Mass Index and Hypertensive Status in Adult Males between 40-60 Years.Medical and Health Sciences. 2014.
- Padmavathi T, J EzhilRamya, and B Meeanakshi. A Randomized, Prospective Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability of S-Amlodipine 2.5mg versus Racemic Amlodipine 5mg in Mild to Moderate Hypertension.Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicological Studies. 2014.
- Wolfgang Babisch, Gabriele Wolke, Joachim Heinrich and Wolfgang Straff.Road Traffic, Location of Rooms and Hypertension.J Civil Environ Eng. 2014; 4: 162.
- Xuelian Dan, Li Feng, Wanqin Wang and Li Yang.Abdominal Tuberculosis Leading to Prehepatic Portal Hypertension: A Case Report.J CytolHistol. 2014; 5: 278.
- Satoshi Ikeo, Hiromi Tomioka, Masahiro Kaneko, EijiKatsuyama and Yoshinori Kawabata.A Surgical Lung Biopsy Case of Pulmonary Veno-occlusive Disease Associated with Limited Cutaneous Systemic Sclerosis.Rheumatology (Sunnyvale). 2014; S16-005.
- Maha Mohamed El Batsh and Manal Mohamed El Batch.Telmisartan is More Effective than Taurine in Protecting High Fat Diet Induced Obesity in Rats from Hypertension, Some Metabolic, Oxidative Stress and Vascular Complications.CardiolPharmacol. 2014; 3: 119.
- Anna Bitner, PaweZalewski, Julia L Newton and Jacek J Klawe.The Role of Multidrug Interactions in the Safety of Pharmacotherapy for Concomitant Parkinsonï¿½s Disease and Arterial Hypertension in Poland.J Pharmacovigil. 2014; 2:151.
- Salamatu U Aliyu, Adetoyeje Y Oyeyemi, Dominic G Udoh and Oyeyemi AL.Prevalence of Overweight/Obesity and Undiagnosed Hypertension among Military Personnel in Maiduguri, Nigeria.J Nov Physiother. 2014; 4: 223.
- Menghui Wang, Nanfang Li, Ying Zhang, Delian Zhang, SuofeiyaAbulikemu, et. al.Case Detection Testing for Primary Aldosteronism in Male Patients with Hypertension and Snoring.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 180.
- Home Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring in Patients Treated With Anti-Angiogenic Drugs for the Detection of Arterial Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 179.
- Alfonso Lagi and Simone Cencetti.Hypertensive Emergencies: a New Clinical Approach.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 178.
- Charbel El Bcheraoui, Mohammed Basulaiman, Mohammad A AlMazroa, Farah Daoud, MarwaTuffaha, et. al.Reported Stroke Symptoms and their Associated Risk Factors in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2013.J Hypertens. 2014; 3: 177.
- Mike JL DeJongste, Reinold OB Gans and Evert Van de Vliert.Can Too Few and Too Many Climato-Economic Resources Elevate Blood Pressure? A 120-Nation Study.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 176.
- Wenlin MA, Ruhui LIU, Lin LI, Weiqi SHI, Liang DENG, et. al.The Relationship between Micro Albuminuria and Plasma Homocysteine Level in Chinese Patients with Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2014; 3: 175.
- FisehaGirma, Solomon Emishaw, FessehayeAlemseged and AltayeworkMekonnen.Compliance with Anti-Hypertensive Treatment and Associated Factors among Hypertensive Patients on Follow-Up in Jimma University Specialized Hospital, Jimma, South West Ethiopia: A Quantitative Cross- Sectional Study.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 174.
- HuiJuanZuo, Yun Lin, JinWen Wang, LiQun Deng.Relationship between Four Blood Pressure Indexes and Ischemic Stroke in Patients with Uncontrolled Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 173.
- YunFuLv, Wan Yee Lau, XiaoYu Han, XiaoGuany Gong, Ning Liu, et. al. Prognostic Risk Factors for Surgery in Patients with Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 172.
- VeenaDhawan, Indu Sharma, NitinMahajan, Sonal Malik Sangwan and Sanjay Jain.Implication of Endothelin-2 and Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Essential Hypertension.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 170.
- Mohinder P Sambhi.A Single Initiating Cause of Hypertension; Potential for Primary Prevention.J Hypertens. 2013; 3: 169.
- KuhnThiel AM and Wehling M.Antihypertensive Drugs in the Elderly: Risks and Benefits as Evaluated by the FORTA Method.J GerontolGeriatr Res. 2014; 3: 171.
- Matthias Clauss, Michael Seimetz and Norbert Weissmann.Pulmonary Hypertension Precedes Emphysema: Paradigm Shift or Artifact of Rodent Studies?.Angiol. 2014; 2:e108.
- Mohammednur Hussein, JimmaLikisaLenjisa, MinyahilAlebachewWoldu, GobezeTemesgenTegegne, GurmuTesfayeUmeta, et. al.Assessment of Drug Related Problems Among Hypertensive Patients on Follow up in Adama Hospital Medical College, East Ethiopia.ClinPharmacolBiopharm. 2014; 3:122.
- SiamakMoayedi.Acute Management of Cardiac Complications in Pregnancy.GynecolObstet (Sunnyvale). 2014; 4: 245.
- BlicharskaGrushka El, Flieger J, Huber M and Kocjan R.Examination of the Elemental Composition of Hair in Cholelithiasis, Kidney Stone, Hypertension and Diabetes by Scanning Electron Microscopy and Energy Dispersive Spectrometry SEM/E.J Anal Bioanal Tech. 2014; 5:207.
- ShraddhaShinde.Treprostinil: Safety Signal Detection Based on Adverse Event Reporting System Database.J Pharmacovigil. 2014; 2:140.
- Martina Speziale and Norma Barbini.Cardiovascular Risk for Workers in Big, Infrastructure Projects.Occup Med Health Aff. 2014; 2:175.
- Mark C. Houston.The Role of Mercury in Cardiovascular Disease.J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2014; 2: 170.
- Gundu H R Rao, Pratiksha G Gandhi and Vineeta Sharma.Clinical Complications of Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus in South Asian and Chinese Populations: An Overview.J Diabetes Metab. 2014; 5:420.
- Dharwadkar MN, Kanakamma MK, Dharwadkar SN, Rajagopal K, Gopakumar C, et. al. Study of Methyl DopaVersus Labetalol in Management of Preeclampsia and Gestational Hypertension.GynecolObstet (Sunnyvale). 2014; 4: 242.
- Ahmad S, Ali K, Latif H and Khan IA.Malignant Pheochromocytoma: A Case Report. Emergency Medicine. 2014; 4: 209.
- Garciacutea AR, Fonte M, Erroz IO, Vaacutezquez JAI, Santos LS, et. al. Recognition and Initial Treatment of Suspected Intracranial Hypertension by Primary Care Pediatricians: An Advanced Simulation Observational Study. Emergency Medicine. 2014; 4: 205.
- Tibaldi M, Brescianini A, Sciarrillo I, Massaia M, Bo M. Prevalence and Clinical Implications of Orthostatic Hypotension in Elderly Inpatients. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:155.
- Shukla AN, Madan T, Thakkar BM, Parmar M, Shah K. The Prevalence of Hypertension: Role of Hereditary in Young and Obesity in all. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:156.
- Skultetyova D, Filipova S, Chnupa P, Madaric J, Fridrich V, et al. The Impact of Blood Pressure on Carotid Artery Stiffness and Wave Intensity in Patients with Resistant Hypertension after Renal Sympathetic Denervation. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:157.
- Parlak A, Aydogan U, Mutlu S, Cayci T, Koc B, et al. Investigation of Pentraxin 3 Levels in Hypertensive Patients with Stroke, Retinopathy and Nephropathy. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:158.
- Wei G, Jansen SA, Williamson S, Brown M. Assay Profiles of Prostanoids and Female Sex Hormones for Studying Potential Biomarkers of Hypertension. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:159.
- Cao T, Li W, Seth D, Navar LG, Feng Y. Brain-Targeted (Pro) Renin Receptor Knockdown Modulates Body Fluid Homeostasis. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:160.
- Ding X, Yang Z, Han Y, Yu H. Mitochondrial Long Chain Fatty Acid Oxidation Related Enzyme Changes in Different Preeclampsia- Like Mouse Models. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:161.
- Liu Z, Wu J, Zhang J, Liu Y, Liu B, et al. The Association Study of PRKG1 Gene Polymorphism and Salt-Sensitive Hypertension among the Essential Hypertension in Beijing. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:162.
- karter Y. Oxidative Stress and Endothelial Dysfunction in White Coat Hypertension: Data of the Group from Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:163
- Jennings CG, Mackenzie IS, MacDonald TM. Review of Hyperuricaemia and Hypertension: A Target for Treatment. J Hypertens. 2014; 3:164.