Quit Smoke or Quit Your Life With Stroke
Sandhya Sree M*
Department of Pharmacology, Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Sandhya Sree M
M Pharma, Pharmacology, Nagarjuna University
Andhra Pradesh, India
Received date: 14/08/2016
Accepted date: 25/08/2016
Published date: 30/08/2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
The word stroke and smoke are some rhythmical to observe and so near to each other. Stroke is very sensitive even a puff of cigarette can trigger its deadly effects. Every human cell requires oxygen supply and if such supply is discontinued or totally blocked then our brain stroke begins.
Stroke, Smoke, Life.
The word stroke and smoke are some rhythmical to observe and so near to each other. Stroke is very sensitive even a puff of cigarette can trigger its deadly effects. Every human cell requires oxygen supply and if such supply is discontinued or totally blocked then our brain stroke begins. The stroke is of two different types’ Hemorrhagic stroke and Ischemic stroke [1-10].
The weekend blood vessels leak and this rarely happens but its occurrence results in death this type is called Hemorrhagic stroke [11-20]. If blood to the brain is blocked of by a blood clot these results in Ischemic stroke.
As it is deadly disease there are few symptoms which are to be known by all people to detect it during the attack. The drop in face to one side and arm weakness, numbness in one of the arm, slurred speech, call emergency if you observe any of the above symptoms [21-30].
In the present lifestyle even in developing countries and traditional countries like India women started smoking so it’s time to get start awareness programs on smoking effects on stroke without any gender differentiation. Aggravation of stroke chances in smokers when compared to nonsmokers [31-40]. The awareness programs on risk factors of smoking on stroke are to be highlighted to the people. This awareness not only to the illiterates but also to the people who are in high lifestyle culture should be taken awareness programs [41-60].
As second hand and third hand smoke also have effects on the health of people. It’s time to change your lifestyle according to the need of current healthy society [61-80]. The stickiness of blood platelets increases and that increases chances of blood clot. Smoke increases bad cholesterol (LDL) and decreases good cholesterol (HDL) which increases more chances of stroke.
Women who use oral contraceptive pill have more chances of stroke if they are a smoker. Think positively and plan accordingly which can keep you away from smoking and simultaneously away from stroke.
The smoke which you inhale and exhale contains almost 4000 chemicals that are toxic to your healthy physiology. There are 4000 chemicals in cigarette which can cause 8000 diseases from their toxic chemical [81-100]. The research studies which shows the smoke effects on stroke.
- Azadbakht M, et al. Salivary antioxidant power of passive smokers. J Nanomedine Biotherapeutic Discov. 2016;6:142.
- Krotow A, et al. Comparative analysis of lipid extracts and imaging mass spectrometry for evaluating cerebral white matter biochemical pathology in an experimental second-hand cigarette smoke exposure model. Mass Spectrom Purif Tech. 2016;2:113.
- Monte SML, et al. Tobacco smoke-induced alterations in hepatic lipid profiles demonstrated by imaging mass spectrometry. Mass Spectrom Purif Tech. 2016;2:112.
- de la Monte SM, et al. Tobacco smoke-induced hepatic injury with steatosis, inflammation and impairments in insulin and insulin-like growth factor signaling. J Clin Exp Pathol. 2016;6:269.
- McCarty MF. DHA may have a profoundly protective impact on the lungs of smokers. J Nutr Food Sci 6:480.
- Niimori KK, et al. Nuclear phosphoproteomics features the novel smoking markers in mouse lung tissue following subacute phase exposure to tobacco smoke. J Bioanal Biomed. 2016;8:009-016.
- Garg M, et al. Bioequivalence of two different nicotine chewing gum formulations of two different strengths (2 mg and 4 mg) in Indian healthy adult human male smoker subjects. J Bioequiv Availab. 2016;8:074-079.
- Mathew N, et al. The study of aetiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in non-smokers. J Pulm Respir Med. 2015;5:304.
- Garg M, et al. Bioequivalence study of nicotine 4 mg lozenges in Indian healthy adult human male smoker subjects. J Bioequiv Availab. 2016;8:044-048.
- Choe EK and Kang HY. The serum carcinoembryonic antigen is associated with HbA1c in Korean non-smokers. J Integr Oncol. 2015;4:153.
- Mitra S, et al. Cannabis smoke causes up-regulation of AKT and BAX protein in sub fertile patientâs sperm cells. J Addict Res Ther. 2015;6:247.
- Foster DW, et al. Influences of barriers to cessation and reasons for quitting on substance use among treatment-seeking smokers who report heavy drinking. J Addict Res Ther. 2015;6:246.
- Kapella MS, et al. Evidence based smoking cessation intervention methods for smokers with diabetes in Nevada. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:622.
- Garg M, et al. A bioequivalence study of nicotine 2 mg lozenges in Indian healthy adult human male smoker subjects. J Bioequiv Availab. 2015;7:284-287.
- Hu JZ, et al. Metabolite signatures in hydrophilic extracts of mouse lungs exposed to cigarette smoke revealed by 1h NMR metabolomics investigation. Metabolomics. 2015;5:143.
- Chahwala P, et al. Evaluating the effectiveness of a one point psycho-educational intervention for smokeless tobacco users delivered in an outpatient department in India. J Psychol Psychother. 2015;5:178.
- Eman A, et al. In vitro effects of nicotine, cigarette smoke condensate and Porphyromonas gingivalis on monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression from cultured human gingival fibroblasts. J Interdiscipl Med Dent Sci. 2015;3:171.
- Mondal NK. Biomass smoke and rural health: Indian women are at risk. J Biosafety Health Educ. 2015;2:e116.
- Manzano C, et al. Maternal smoking during pregnancy and its impact on postnatal neurodevelopment. Clinics Mother Child Health. 2016;13:249.
- Ghadban R, et al. Smoking behavior in Arab Americans: A systematic review. J Community Med Health Educ. 2016;6:462.
- Shakeel S and Farrukh U. Dental patientsâ apprehensions about the effects of smoking and role of dentists in smoking cessation activities. J Med Diagn Meth. 2016;5:225.
- Decker KP, et al. Medication treatment for smoking cessation in patients with comorbid medical or psychiatric problems during substance use rehabilitation. J Alcohol Drug Depend. 2016;4:243.
- Keizer I, et al. A short motivational program based on temporary smoking abstinence: Towards increased self-efficacy to quit in psychiatric inpatients. J Addict Res Ther. 2016;7:289.
- Onur O and Izzet F. The relationship between smoking and cancer: Mini review. Cancer Surg. 2016;1:108.
- Lopez PJT, et al. Pharmacoeconomic analysis of the therapies used in the treatment of smoking in a specialized unit. J Pulm Respir Med. 2016;6:347.
- Woods JJ, et al. Cigarette smoking: A causal factor for Alzheimerâs disease? J Gerontol Geriatr Res. 2016;5:286.
- duPont NC, et al. Developing a smoking cessation intervention for low income and minority women. J Womenâs Health Care. 2016;5:309.
- Farrukh U, et al. Dentistsâ practice and perceived barriers towards smoking cessation and intervention in Karachi, Pakistan. J Pharma Care Health Sys. 2016;3:151.
- Saleh M. Smoking: Disease or therapy. J Addict Res Ther. 2016;7:269.
- De Silva WDAS, et al. A randomised single-blinded controlled trial on the effectiveness of brief advice on smoking cessation among tertiary students in Malaysia. J Health Med Inform. 2016;7:217.
- Hamadeh RR. Water pipe tobacco smoking among females: A middle eastern or a global epidemic? J Womenâs Health Care. 2016;5:e119.
- Leone S, et al. Could smokersâ socio-demographic and housing factors affect and influence the choice between smoking cessation therapies? Clin Pharmacol Biopharm. 2016;5:152.
- Soskolne V. Dynamics of culture and health: Perceived behavioural control and differences in smoking behavior between Arab and Jewish cardiac patients in Israel. J Socialomics. 2016;5:146.
- Veres KT, et al. Assessment of knowledge, behavior and attitude of school children towards smoking. J Pulm Respir Med. 2015;5:297.
- Yilmaz MO, et al. Relationship between smoking and female sexual dysfunction. Andrology (Los Angel). 2015;4:144.
- Anderson M, et al. (2015) Detection of smoking induced emphysema: Visual scoring versus computerised algorithms. J Pulm Respir Med. 2015;5:291.
- Kapella-Mshigeni S, et al. Evidence based smoking cessation intervention methods for smokers with diabetes in Nevada. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:622.
- Prasad S and Cucullo L. Impact of tobacco smoking and type-2 diabetes mellitus on public health: A cerebrovascular perspective. J Pharmacovigil. 2015;S2:e003.
- Hajek P, et al. Adding e-cigarettes to specialist stop-smoking treatment: City of London pilot project. J Addict Res Ther. 2015;6:244.
- Spas JJ, et al. Targeting smoking cessation and weight loss simultaneously: An acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) approach. J Addict Res Ther. 2015;6:243.
- Teklu D and Lema A. Optimization of time and temperature for smoking of Nile tilapia for a better preservation of protein and gross energy value. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:341.
- Jansen EHJM, et al. The effect of smoking on biomarkers of (anti) oxidant status. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2014;5:207.
- Kinney GL, et al. The protective effect of Hispanic ethnicity on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease mortality is mitigated by smoking behavior. J Pulm Respir Med. 2014;4:220.
- Paul S and Amundson SA. Differential effect of active smoking on gene expression in male and female smokers. J Carcinog Mutagen. 2014;5:198.
- Spas JJ, et al. Dynamic baseline variables predict treatment outcomes for addiction generally and smoking in particular. J Addict Res Ther. 2014;5:e125.
- Unal M, et al. A patient having recurrent aphtous stomatitis after three years of smoking cessation; A case report and review of literature. J Addict Res Ther. 2014;5:202.
- MÃguez-Burbano MJ, et al. The relevance of blue moods and depression in the context of smoking and natural quitting rates in people living with HIV. J Alcohol Drug Depend. 2014;2:175.
- Adak M. effects of smoking and need for cessation: Biochemical and pharmacological feedback. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;3:145.
- Gardner AW. Impaired Peripheral circulation in veterans with claudication is associated with smoking. Angiol. 2014;3:133.
- Campbell S, et al. Personality and smoking behaviour of non-smokers, previous smokers and habitual smokers. J Addict Res Ther. 2014;5:191.
- Meszaros ZS, et al. Smoking severity and functional MRI results in schizophrenia: A case-series. J Addict Res Ther. 2014;5:189.
- Cai X, et al. Untargeted lipidomic profiling of human plasma reveals differences due to race, gender and smoking status. Metabolomics. 2014;4:131.
- Zdanowicz MM and Adams PW. The pharmacogenetics of nicotine dependence and smoking cessation therapies. J Pharmacogenomics Pharmacoproteomics. 2014;5:138.
- Bove I, et al. Smoking during pregnancy: A risk factor for stunting and anemia in infancy. Int J Sch Cog Psychol. 2014;1:109.
- Masho SW, et al. Social support and smoking during pregnancy. J Womenâs Health Care. 2014;3:179.
- Okamoto H. Smoking and the microbiome in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Sunnyvale). 2014;4:132.
- Khurram T, et al. Radiation induced hypothyroidism and its relationship with gender and smoking history in head and neck cancer patients. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2014;5:178.
- Velasco-Contreras GME. Does smoking and alcohol abuse precipitate and aggravate the risk of metabolic syndrome? J Metabolic Synd. 2014;3:141.
- Ashaolu Michael O. Development and performance evaluation of a motorized fish smoking kiln. J Aquac Res Development. 2014;5:225.
- Iwai T and Umeda M. Smoking, periodontitis and vascular disease-collaboration study with dentists and vascular surgeons. J Interdiscipl Med Dent Sci. 2014;2:113.
- Koszowski B, et al. Experimentally switching from factory made to self-made cigarettes: A preliminary study of perceptions, toxicant exposure and smoking behavior. J Addict Res Ther. 2014;5:179.
- Jradi H and Al-Shehri A. Knowledge about tobacco smoking among medical students in Saudi Arabia: Findings from three medical schools. Epidemiol. 2014;4:150.
- Talaat HS. Passive smoking: A possible risk factor for development of minimal hearing loss in children. Commun Disord Deaf Stud Hearing Aids. 2014;2:107.
- Rajkumar A, et al. Pure signet-ring cell carcinoma of lung by fine needle aspiration in a smoking Asian American: Case report and literature review. J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;4:155.
- Stough C, et al. An open label study investigating the efficacy of Hypericum perforatum special extract (ZE117), nicotine patches and combination (ZE117)/nicotine patches for smoking cessation. Altern Integr Med. 2013;2:147.
- FrÃ¶jd S, et al. Depression predicts smoking among adolescent girls but not among boys. J Child Adolesc Behav. 2013;1:114.
- LeÃ³n HD, et al. Modulation of the hepatic lipidome and transcriptome of Apoe -/- mice in response to smoking cessation. J Liver. 2013;2:132.
- Proctor B, et al. National survey of stop smoking service provision in hospitals in Great Britain: Current practice, barriers and facilitators. J Addict Res Ther. 2013;4:156.
- Ojedokun J, et al. Lung age bio-feedback using a portable lung age meter with brief advice during routine consultations promote smoking cessation-know 2 quit multicenter randomized control trial. J Gen Pract. 2013;1:123.
- Duong-Quy S. chronic smoking and vascular disease: What can we hope for the future? J Vasc Med Surg. 2013;1:e113.
- Ahmadi J and Sharifi M. Lifetime and current prevalence of tobacco smoking. J Addict Res Ther. 2013;4:145.
- Gaafar MA and Basiony LA. Pattern of smoking habit and quit attempts among industrial workers in Kuwait. Occup Med Health Aff. 2013;1:115.
- Chen H, et al. Fetal programming of renal developmentâinfluence of maternal smoking. J Diabetes Metab. 2013;S9:003.
- Lahdentausta L, et al. The effect of smoking on diagnostic value of serum matrix metalloproteinase-8 in acute coronary syndrome. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2013;S4:002.
- Mohammadpoorasl A, et al. Pattern of hookah smoking in Tabriz, Iran. J Addict Res Ther. 2013;4:143.
- Shadid HM and Hossain SZ. Understanding smoking behaviour among secondary school students in Amman, Jordan: A qualitative study. J Community Med Health Educ. 2013;3:199.
- Fentie EG and Emire SA. Effect of hot smoking process parameters on microbiological and shelf stability of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets. J Food Process Technol. 2013;4:196.
- Ragab AR and Al-Mazroua MK. Passive cannabis smoking resulting in a coma in a 16 month old infant. J Clin Case Rep. 2012;2:237.
- Chen X and Lin F. Estimating transitional probabilities with cross-sectional data to assess smoking behavior progression: A validation analysis. J Biomet Biostat. 2012;S1:004.
- Mostafa T. Smoking in andrology: State of art. Andrology. 2012;1:e108.
- Huang C, et al. Smoking susceptibility and its predictors among adolescents in China: Evidence from Ningbo City. J Addict Res Ther. 2012;S8:004.
- Sahin A, et al. Is hypertrophic osteoarthropathy associated with smoking? J Clin Case Rep. 2012;2:145.
- Miguez MJ. Current Issues in cigarette smoking among persons living with HIV/AIDS: A growing public health problem surrounded by missing information and misconceptions. J AIDS Clinic Res. 2012;3:e109.
- Molnar-Kimber KL. Effects of smoking on immunologic and skeletal mechanisms involved in rheumatoid arthritis and responses of various biologic therapies for RA. J Clin Cell Immunol. 2012;S6:003.
- Jimba KT and Sharma M. Ethnic differences in susceptibility to smoking and intention to smoke on smoking behavior among adolescents. J Community Med Health Educ. 2012;2:143.
- Varis E, et al. Alcohol consumption, but not physical activity or smoking, contribute to advanced forms of diabetic retinopathy: A case-control study. J Clinic Experiment Ophthalmol. 2012;S5:005.
- Broms U, et al. Diurnal evening type is associated with current smoking, nicotine dependence and nicotine intake in the population based national FINRISK 2007 study. J Addict Res Ther. 2012;S2:002.
- Karkhane YM, et al. A review of vareniclineâs efficacy and tolerability in smoking cessation studies in subjects with schizophrenia. J Addict Res Ther. 2011;S4:001.
- Mishra S, et al. Smoking related changes in neurotransmitters in African Americans. J Bioprocess Biotechniq. 2011;1:e106.
- Wu IH, et al. Cigarette smoking among Taiwanese adults. Epidemiol. 2011;1:107.
- Yu Y, et al. Beliefs in effectiveness of various smoking cessation interventions among Chinese adult smokers. Epidemiol. 2011;1:106.
- Abughosh S, et al. Predictors of intention to quit cigarette smoking among Jordanian adult. Epidemiol. 2011;1:103.
- Khara M and Okoli CTC. Smoking cessation outcomes among individuals with substance use and/or psychiatric disorders. J Addict Res Ther. 2011;2:115.
- Abughosh S, et al. Predictors of persistent water pipe smoking among university students in the United States. Epidemiol. 2011;1:102.
- Sale P, et al. Inflammatory biomarker and stroke rehabilitation a new point of view about the role in prognostic factor. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:e119.
- Nagai T, et al. Characteristics and treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures after stroke: Case report and literature review. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:362.
- Tan TSF, et al. Botulinum toxin type A injection may restore ankle strategy use in stroke patients: A preliminary report. Int J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;4:365.
- Massie CL, et al. Repetitive motor practice impacts neuromuscular system plasticity in healthy and stroke populations. Int J Neurorehabilitation. 2016;3:221.
- Diop-SÃ¨ne MS, et al. Hemorrhagic stroke: Clinical, etiologic and evolutive aspects in Senegalese children. J Neurol Disord. 2016;4:300.
- Kumar R, et al. Family needs of caregivers of stroke survivors. Adv Practice Nurs. 2016;1:120.