Short Commentary: Toxicology
Department of Bioinformatics, SRM University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- *Corresponding Author:
Department of Bioinformatics
SRM University, Chennai
Tamil Nadu, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Received: 28/05/2015 Accepted: 31/05/2015 Published: 03/06/2015
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
A toxic substance that is a particular result of the metabolic exercises of a living life form and is normally exceptionally precarious, remarkably poisonous when brought into the tissues, and commonly equipped for impelling counter acting agent arrangement. Harming and the information of toxic substances have a long and vivid history in spite of the fact that the exploration of toxicology has just as of late start to be as a particular control. Indeed, even the hollow tenants had some learning of the unfavorable impacts of a mixed bag of normally happening substances, information that they utilized as a part of chasing and in fighting.
Popular early casualties of plant and creature toxic substances were the Greek logician Socrates and the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra. Socrates was compelled to drink Hemlock for tainting the young of Athens.
Cleopatra submitted suicide through the chomp of an asp, a toxic snake. As time advanced, toxicological information and its applications extended. For sure, harming got to be systematized in various spots, and a few legislatures used toxins for state executions, a practice that proceeds in a few locales, through means, for example, deadly infusions.
Toxicology; Toxicity; Clinical Toxicology
A poison is a noxious substance delivered inside of living cells or organisms; manufactured toxicants made by fake procedures are in this way barred. This term was initially used by natural physicist Ludwig Brieger [1-8]. A toxin delivered by the metabolic action of a microorganism, (for example, Clostridium botulinum), a creature, (for example, snake), or plant, (for example, nightshade) which, when presented in a living life form, goes about as antigen against which the organic entity produces antibodies [9-15]. By and large, then again, the term is utilized as an option for a toxin or toxicant [16-20].
Poisons can be little peptides, atoms, or proteins that are equipped for creating ailment on contact with or ingestion by body tissues communicating with natural macromolecules, for example, catalysts or cell receptors [21-25]. Poisons differ enormously in their seriousness, expending from generally less, (for example, a honey bee sting) to very quickly lethal, (for example, botulinum) [26-31].
Poisons are viable and particular toxic substances delivered by living life forms. They generally comprise of an amino corrosive chain which can shift in sub-atomic weight between several hundred (peptides) and one hundred thousand (proteins) [32-37]. They might likewise be low-atomic natural mixes. Poisons are created by various creatures, e.g., microbes, growths, green growth and plants. Huge numbers of them are amazingly harmful, with a harmfulness that is a few requests of extent more noteworthy than the nerve specialists [38-42].
Types of toxin:
Mild Body Toxin:
Ama in Ayurveda is a mellow poison, which is an aftereffect of poor processing.
In Ayurveda, absorption happens when the digestive flames, that is, the force of processing is solid [43-47].
Deficient absorption is because of an undesirable way of life.
It is unfortunate to eat sustenances that bring down your digestive force, as they are hard to process. This prompts the arrangement of a sort of poison, called ama in Ayurveda [48-52].
Here are nourishments that are hard to process:
• Rich journal items - concentrated milk items, hard cheeses
• Seared nourishments
• Handled nourishments
• Other Junk nourishments
• Cool nourishments, for example, dessert and icy refreshments
• Overnight left-over nourishments
A poison is a substance or toxin that is known not unsafe impacts on the body. Poisons can originate from sustenance or water, from chemicals used to develop or plan nourishment, and even from the air that we relax [53-57]. Our bodies prepare those poisons through organs like the liver and kidneys and dispose of them as sweat, pee, and dung [58-63].
So as expressed above, you can separate poisons into four classes: poisons from the air, water, nourishment and chemicals in our surroundings. Here is an illustration of each:
Pollution alludes to the poisonous gasses and chemicals, for example, methane and carbon monoxide, that are discharged into the climate just to be blended into the air we breath in and breathe out. Contamination poisons can originate from vehicle and plant emanations and also different sources [64-68].
various poisons have been found in water. Everything from chlorine, dye, alkali and even OTC and physician endorsed prescriptions have been accounted for to be found in overabundance in drinking water [69-73].
Side note: harmful sustenances don't allude to pesticides. That comes next in the "chemicals" class. Dangerous nourishments can allude to sustenance added substances, exceedingly prepared or hereditarily changed sustenances and even synthetic fixings in nourishment formulas, for example, nourishment colors (RED 40) and substance flavorings (MSG and aspartame) [74-79].
Chemicals that are harmful may incorporate little measures of extremely poisonous things, for example, pesticide buildup cleaned onto our newly picked, non-washed, non-natural produce. (Continuously pick natural produce when conceivable.) High pesticide produce things incorporate non-natural peaches, strawberries, fruits, nectarines, chime peppers, celery, cherries, lettuce, imported grapes and pears [80-85].
The U.S. ecological development in the 1960s rose up out of worries that air, water, and soil were being contaminated by unsafe chemicals and other poisonous substances. Amid the modern insurgency of the nineteenth century, the large scale manufacturing of merchandise made unsafe squanders, quite a bit of which was dumped into streams and streams [86-89]. The twentieth century saw the well known acknowledgement of the vehicles and the interior ignition motor, which prompted the contamination of the air. Quickly growing urban focuses started to utilize waterways and lakes as storehouses for sewage [90-96].
Land contamination includes the saving of strong squanders that are futile, undesirable, or dangerous. Sorts of strong waste incorporate rubbish, refuse, fiery remains, sewage-treatment solids, mechanical squanders, mining squanders, and horticultural squanders. Most strong waste is covered in sterile landfills. A little rate of districts burn their can't, while fertilizing the soil is seldom utilized.
Poisons are frequently recognized from other compound specialists by their technique for creation the word poison does not indicate strategy for conveyance (come close with venom and the smaller importance of toxin all substances that can likewise bring about aggravations to living beings). It just means it is an organically delivered toxin [97-103].
A poison is a harmful substance delivered inside of living cells or life forms; engineered toxicants made by counterfeit procedures are consequently [104-106].
Heavy Metal Toxins:
Heavy metal poisonous quality alludes to the inordinate form up of substantial metals in the body. Our surroundings involves a few such metals like arsenic, bismuth, antimony, uranium, vanadium, zinc, and so on which are named overwhelming metals [107-109].
A dangerous substance implies any compound or blend that may be hurtful to the earth and to human wellbeing if breathed in, gulped, or assimilated through the skin [110-112].
Microbial poisons are poisons delivered by small scale organic entities, including microorganisms and growths. Microbial poisons advance disease and illness by straightforwardly harming host tissues and by incapacitating the insusceptible framework. Some bacterial poisons, for example, Botulinum neurotoxins, are the most intense regular poisons known [112-115].
Toxicogenomic innovations give new intends to assess complex biologic frameworks and the effect of chemicals on living frameworks. In particular, toxicogenomic advances may be connected to enhance cross-species extrapolation in the examination of compound danger, recognize defenseless subpopulations, evaluate impacts of ahead of schedule life exposures to chemicals, dissect mixes' methods of activity, screen for potential harmful reactions, refine introduction evaluation, and examine biologic impacts of consolidated exposures or blends [116-118]. Applying toxicogenomic advancements to these essential issues in toxicology can enhance understanding and minimize unfavorable impacts of ecological exposures and medications and add to an information base of poisonous quality end focuses.
To date, utilizations of toxicogenomic advances in danger appraisal and the administrative choice making procedure have been exploratory. In spite of the fact that they unmistakably can possibly influence choice making, toxicogenomic innovations are not prepared to supplant existing obliged testing administrations in danger evaluation and administrative toxicology. On the other hand, toxicogenomic advancements are expecting an expanding part as extras to, and augmentations of, existing innovations for prescient toxicology. Toxicogenomics can give atomic level data and tests that add to the "heaviness of the confirmation" for or against the security of particular ecological toxicants and medications. Eventually, toxicogenomic innovations are imagined to be more touchy and more educational than existing advances and may supplant some methodologies right now being used, or if nothing else be a part of batteries that will supplant certain tests [119,120].
- Ahn KH, Shin J, Hong SC, Han JY, Lee EH, et al. Pregnancy Outcomes with Paternal Exposure to Finasteride, a Synthetic 5-Alpha-Reductase Inhibitor: A Case Series. J Clin Toxicol 2015, 5: 248.
- Anil Sachdev, Krishna Mohan Gulla, Kanav Anand, Karan Raheja, Neeraj Gupta and Dhiren Gupta, et al. Transfluthrin Poisoning Resulting in Intra Vascular Haemolysis and Methemoglobinemia in G6PD Deficiency-Treatment Challenge. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 247.
- Kristen Rizzo, Paul Dominici, Adam Rowden, Jonathan Abraham, Kathryn T Kopec, et al. (2015) Case Series of Overdosed Patients Managed in an Observation Unit. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 246.
- Abdullah Altamimi, Sami Alshammary, Nidal Malhi, Saleh Almanea and Savithiri Ratnapalan, (2015) Successful Outcome Following a Loading Dose of N-Acetylcysteine to Treat Hepatotoxicity after Repeated Therapeutic Doses of Paracetamol. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 245.
- Subhodeep Sarker and Sarkar A. Role of Marine Pollutants in Impairment of DNA Integrity. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 244.
- Honghong Li. Two Cases of Recurrent Vascular Events Due to Protein C Deficiency. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 243.
- Honghong Li, Lei He, Shuwei Qiu, Yi Li and Ying Peng. Clinical Analysis in Chronic Alcoholic Encephalopathy: A Retrospective Study of 43 Subjects. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 242.
- Staumlchele J, Kokoschka M, Toepfner N, Smitka M, Bau V, et al. Toxic Optic Neuritis due to Isotretinoin in a Child with Neuroblastoma: A Case Report. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 241.
- Magdalena G, Alicja KJ, Antoniewicz J and Michal W. Effect of 2-Methoxyestradiol on Dephosphorylation of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase in Osteosarcoma 143B Cells. An in vitro study. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 240.
- Mikio Marumo and Ichiro Wakabayashi. Ethanol-Induced Inhibition of Platelet Aggregation in Whole Blood from Healthy Donors. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 239
- Geogieva VG, Boyadzhieva V, Kuneva T and Pavlova S. Antidotal Effect of Succimer and CaNa2 EDTA on Workers Exposed to Lead, Cadmium and Arsenic. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 238.
- Steven F Groke, Daniel H Jarrell, Christopher J Edwards, Peter B Chase, Mark J Murphy and Frank G Walter, et. al. (2015) Sodium Acetate as an Alkalinizing Agent for Salicylate Intoxication: A Case Report. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 237.
- Fatoumata Rigaux Barry, Anne Marie Patat, Laurie Cordier, Jacques Manel and Sandra SinnoTellier. A Descriptive Study of Liquid Laundry Pods Exposures Compared to Traditional Liquid Laundry Exposures, from 2005 To 2012. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 236.
- Cowan VE and Blakley BR. A Retrospective Study of Cases of Acetyl Cholinesterase Inhibitor Poisoning in the Coyote (Canis latrans) and the Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) in the Canadian Prairies. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 235.
- Abbas Aghabiklooei, Sepide Rakhshan and Shahin Shadnia. Is there a Correlation between Electrocardiographic Changes and Sodium Valproate Toxicity? An Investigation of 196 Cases. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 234.
- Maryam Vahabzadeh and AmirHoushang Mohammadpour. Effect of Diabetes Mellitus on the Metabolism of Drugs and Toxins. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 233.
- Macdiel Acevedo, Pablo Nuntildeez, Leticia GoacutenzalezMaya, Alexandre CardosoTaketa and Mariacutea Luisa Villarreal. Cytotoxic and Anti-inflammatory Activities of Bursera species from Mexico. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 232.
- Cristian Lupascu, Raluca Neagu Movila, Delia Rusu Andriesi, AnaMaria Trofin, Mihaela Blaj, et al. Unforeseen Pseudotumoral Colitis in Deceased Donor with Carbon Monoxide Intoxication. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 231.
- Irene Dy and Stephanie Lankford. Bath Salt Thrombosis. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 230.
- Steacutephanye Beaulieu, Guillaume Brousseau, Gabriel Dallaire and AnneJulie Frenette. Seizure Associated with Hyponatremia Possibly Related to the Use of Polyethylene Glycol and Electrolytes Preparation. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 229.
- Mahsa Javadi Moosavi and ValiAllah Jafari Shamushaki. Effect of Sub-Acute Exposure to Nickel on Hematological and Biochemical Indices in Gold Fish (Carassius auratus). J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 228.
- Essam Mahmoud Hafez, Milad Gad Paulis, Mostafa Abotaleb Ahmed, Marian Nagy Fathy, Ahmed AbdelLateff and Mardi M. Algandaby, et al. Protective and Anti-oxidant Activity of the Euryops Arabicus against Paracetamol Induced Hepatorenal Toxicity in Rats. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 227
- Yasumasa Iwasaki, Akira Namera, Hiroshi Giga, Yoshiko Kida, Kohei Ota, et. al. A Case of Severe Puffer Fish Poisoning: Serum Tetrodotoxin Concentration Measurements for 4 Days after Ingestion. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 226.
- Rubesh Gooriah and Fayyaz Ahmed. Therapeutic Uses of Botulinum Toxin. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 225.
- Hela Ghorbel, Ines FKI, Choumous Kalel, Jamoussi Kamel and Sami Sayadi, (2015) Benefic Interactive Effects between Garlic Consumption and Serum Iron Excess. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 224.
- Amir Masoud Hashemian, Mohsen Ebrahimi, Elnaz Vafadar, Mohsen Salarirad and Hassan Fadavi. Bilateral Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma Following Acute Poisoning with Organophosphate. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 5: 223.
- Hapon MB, Hapon MV, Persia FA, Pochettino A, Lucero GS and GamarraLuques C, et al. Aqueous Extract of Prosopis strombulifera (LAM) BENTH Induces Cytotoxic Effects against Tumor Cell Lines without Systemic Alterations in BALB/c Mice. J Clin Toxicol 2015; 4: 222.
- Kelsey Angell McEwen and Elizabeth Van Opstal. Huffers Hand. J Clin Toxicol 2014, 4: 221.
- Brohan J, Donnelly M and Fitzpatrick GJ. Metabolic Acidosis with a Raised Anion Gap Associated with High 5-Oxoproline Levels; An Under-Recognized Cause for Metabolic Acidosis in Intensive Care. J Clin Toxicol 2014, 4: 220.
- Boukatta Brahim, El Bouazzaoui Abderrahim, Guemoune Reda, Houari Nawfal, Achour Sanae, et. al. An Epidemiological Study of Adult Acute Poisoning in Fez: Morocco. J Clin Toxicol 2014, 4: 219.
- Kenji Iwai, Masato Miyauchi, Daisuke Komazawa, Ryoko Murao, Hiroyuki Yokota, et. al. Utility of Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for Management of Patients with Roundup Poisoning. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 218.
- Saeeda Almarzooqi, Alia Albawardi, Ali S. Alfazari, Dhanya Saraswathiamma, Hidaya Mohammed AbdulKader, et. al. Effects of Selected Inhibitors of Protein Kinases and Phosphatases on Cellular Respiration: An In Vitro Study. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 212.
- Karin Nielsen, Anne Polk, Dorte L Nielsen, Kirsten Vistisen and Merete VaageNilsen. Cardiotoxicity in Asymptomatic Patients Receiving Adjuvant 5-fluorouracil. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 211.
- Rebecca H Stone, James Hong and Hyunyoung Jeong. Pharmacokinetics of Monoclonal Antibodies Used for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in Pregnant Women. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 209.
- Ehab Ibrahim Salih ElAmin, Mohammed Abd AL Rahim GahElnabi, Waled Amen Mohammed Ahmed, Ragaa Gasim Ahmed and Khalid Eltahir Khalid. Toxicity Effects of Hair Dye Application on Liver Function in Experimental Animals. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 210.
- Mohammed Salhab, Omair Tahir, Abdullah Quddus, Adil Bhutta and Taro Minami. Valopric Acid Intoxication Induced Hyperammonemic Encephalopathy in Setting of a Normal Liver Function. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 208.
- Ali S. Alfazari, Saeeda Almarzooqi, Alia Albawardi, Sami Shaban, Bayan AlDabbag, et al. Ex vivo Effects of Sorafenib and Regorafenib on Murine Hepatocytes. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 207.
- Hemant Misra, Friedericke Kazo and Judith A. Newmark. Toxicology and Safety Determination for a Novel Therapeutic Dual Carbon Monoxide and Oxygen Delivery Agent. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 206.
- Saeeda Almarzooqi, Ali S. Alfazari, Alia Albawardi, Dhanya Saraswathiamma, Hidaya Mohammed AbdulKader, et al. Modulation of Cardiomyocyte and Hepatocyte Bioenergetics by Biguanides. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 203.
- Gilles Hanton. Improvement of QT analysis for Evaluating the Proarrhythmic Risk of Drug: The Importance of Spatial and Temporal Dispersion of Repolarization. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 202.
- Ahmed R. Ragab, Maha K. AlMazroua, and Naglaa F. Mahmoud. Accidental Substance Abuse Poisoning In Children: Experience of the Dammam Poison Control Center. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 204.
- Marlon Henrique Cardoso, Nicole Berwanger Cobacho, Mariana Dornelles Cherobim, Michelle Flaviane Soares Pinto, Cristiane dos Santos, et. al. Insights into the Antimicrobial Activities of Unusual Antimicrobial Peptide Families from Amphibian Skin. Clin Toxicol 2014; 4:205.
- Pratyusha G, Shashi Ahuja and VS Negi. Detection of Retinal Changes in Patients on Long Term Chloroquine/Hydroxy Chloroquine Therapy Using Optical Coherence Tomography. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4:201.
- Masayuki Ohyama, Hideki Tachi, Chika Minejima and Takayuki Kameda. Comparing Heat-treated Silica Particle with Silica Particles for the Ability to Induce Superoxide Release from Rat Alveolar Macrophages. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 199.
- Gilles Hanton. Echocardiography a Non-Invasive Method for Investigating Preclinical Drug Toxicity and Safety. Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 200.
- Jong Hwan Jung, Kyung Pyo Kang, Won Kim, Sung Kwang Park, and Sik Lee, et. al. Paraquat intoxication induced sick sinus syndrome. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 198.
- Anja J Stauber, Kelly M Credille, Lewis L Truex, William J Ehlhardt and Jamie K Young. Nonclinical Safety Evaluation of a Transforming Growth Factor ß Receptor I Kinase Inhibitor in Fischer 344 Rats and Beagle Dogs. J Clin Pract 2014; 4: 196
- Frey Francisco RomeroVargas, Thalita Rocha, Maria Alice CruzHoumlfling, Lea RodriguesSimioni, Luis Alberto PonceSoto and Sergio Marangoni, et. al. Biochemical Characterization of a PLA2 Btae TX-I Isolated from Bothriopsis taeniata Snake Venom: A Pharmacological and Morphological Study. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 197.
- Mohammad Toma, Peter Marstrand, Kristina Holmenlund, Saadia Umar, Michael Wanscher, et. al. QT Interval Prolongation after Cardiac Surgery; An Interesting Biological Phenomenon or A Clinical Problem? Data from the Prolonqit Study. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 195.
- Rosany Bochner, Judith Tiomny Fiszon, Claudio Machado. A Profile of Snake Bites in Brazil, 2001 to 2012. J Clin Toxicol 2014; 4: 194.
- Sonali Nipate, Vivek B Soni and Mahesh M Ghaisas. Anti-arthritic Effect of Indian Red Scorpion (Mesobuthustamulus) Venom in Freund’s Complete Adjuvant and Collagen Type II Induced Arthritis. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Catarina Arauacutejo, Cristina Resende, Teresa Pereira and Celeste Brito. Facial Dermatitis to Mercaptobenzothiazole. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- LarabaDjebari Fatima and Cheacuterifi Fatah. Pathophysiological and Pharmacological Effects of Snake Venom Components: Molecular Targets. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Mohammed T. Alsamri, Suleiman AlHammadi, Sami Shaban, Aisha Alshamsi, GhazalaBelal Balhaj, et. al. (2014) Impaired Forebrain Cellular Bioenergetics Following Acute Exposure to Ammonia. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Faheem Jan, Ifthekhar Hussain, Naveed Muhammad, Muhammad Adnan Khan, Mazhar Ali Khan, et al. In-vitro Evaluation of Antimicrobial Branded Herbal Formulations for their Efficacy. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Luana Wlian, Linda Christian CarrijoCarvalho, Sonia Aparecida Andrade, Silvia Vanessa Lourenccedilo, Consuelo Junqueira Rodrigues, et al. Wound Healing Effects of a Lipocalin-Derived Peptide. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Henning Gerlach, Achim Gerlach, Wieland Schroumldl, Bernd Schottdorf, Svent Haufe, et al. Oral Application of Charcoal and Humic acids to Dairy Cows Influences Clostridium botulinum Blood Serum Antibody Level and Glyphosate Excretion in Urine. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Mohammad Robed Amin, SM Hasan Mamun, Nazmul Hasan Chowdhury, M Rahman, Mohammad Ali, et al. Neurotoxic Manifestation of Snake Bite in Bangladesh. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Deshpande Rushikesh Prabhakar, Motghare Vijay Motiram and Bhamare Chetanran Ghanshyam, Antivenoms in Snake Envenoming: Are they Safe?. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Saeacute MuntildeizHernaacutendez, Jesuacutes B VelaacutezquezFernaacutendez, Joseacute DiacuteazChaacutevez, Rosa C LoacutepezSaacutenchez, Joseacute A Hernaacutendez and Adela RendoacutenRamiacuterez, et al. Alcoholism: Common and Oxidative Damage Biomarkers. J Clinic Toxicol 2014; S7:006.
- Bhinu Shova Tuladhar Trends of Clinical Toxicology Cases in Nepal. J Forensic Res 2014; 5: 217.
- Sardar E Gasanov, Ruben K Dagda and Eppie D Rael. Snake Venom Cytotoxins, Phospholipase A2s, and Zn2+-dependent Metalloproteinases: Mechanisms of Action and Pharmacological Relevance. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Renee L Riggs, Frederick W Fiesseler, Neeraja Kairam, Lisa Reedman, Dave Salo and Richard Shih, et al. Carbon Monoxide Exposure Associated with High-risk Features and Intentional Exposure are Infrequently Treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Yogendra Kumar Gupta and Sharda Shah Peshin. Snake Bite in India: Current Scenario of an Old Problem. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Barry Mamoudou, Guissou Inocent Pierre, Nikieacutema Jean Baptiste, Drabo Issouf. Joseph, Yameogo Sibiri, et al. Study of the Toxicity of “Spirulina Plus” in HIV1 Infected Patients in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. J Clinic Toxicol 2014.
- Arthur Horton. Addictios. J Clinic Toxicol 2014; S7:005
- ChwanLi Shen, Peter J Syapin, Jennifer L Graef, Brenda J Smith, Gordon Brackee, et al. Alcohol-induced Bone Loss and Quality during Adolescence is Improved by Green Tea Polyphenols. J Clinic Toxicol 2014; S7:004.
- Liyana Hazwani Mohd Adnan, Jahangir Kamaldin, Nasir Mohamad, Sharonne Anne Salatore, Rosliza Suhaimi, et al. (2013) The Risk of Accidental Chemical Poisoning Cases among Children (=12 Years Old) Admitted to Hospital University Sains Malaysia: 5 Years Review. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 177.
- Engin Ozakn, Rumeysa Can, FilizBalolu Kaya, Nurdan Acar and Arif Alper Cevik. Arsenic Poisoning Due to the Intake of Orpiment. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 176.
- Len J Paulozzi, Margaret Warner and Christopher M Jones. Defining Controlled Substances Overdose: Some Challenges. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 175.
- Friday E Uboh and Saviour Ufot. Withdrawal from Exposure Reverses Hematotoxicity and Hepatotoxicity Caused by Oral Exposure to Nitrocellulose Thinner in Male Rats. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 173.
- Barkatullah, Muhammad Ibrar, Naveed Muhammad, Innayat Ur Rehman, MujeebUrRehman, et al. (2013) Chemical Composition and Biological Screening of Essential Oils of Zanthoxylum armatum DC Leaves. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 172.
- Brandon Libby, AnneMichelle Ruha, Robert Raschke, Mark Wong. Multisystem Organ Failure Following LipoDissolve Injections. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 171.
- Friday E. Uboh, Saviour U. Ufot, Eyong U. Eyong. Comparative Effect of Withdrawal from Exposure on Gasoline and Diesel Induced Nephrotoxicity in Male Albino Wistar Rats. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 170.
- Azza Saad Shehata, Zeinab Abd ElRehim Mohamed, Manal Reda Abd ElHaleem, Mai Amin Samak. Effects of Exposure to Plasticizers Di-(2-Ethylhexyl) Phthalate and Trioctyltrimellitate on the Histological Structure of Adult Male Albino Rats’ Liver. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 169.
- Muthumani M. Tetrahydrocurcumin Potentially Attenuates Arsenic Induced Oxidative Hepatic Dysfunction in Rats. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 168.
- Sheila Eswaran, Nicole Alvey, Sameh Fayek, Nikunj Shah, Edie Chan, et al. Niacin, the Internet, and Urine Drug Testing: A Cause of Acute Liver Failure. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 167.
- Li Xia. Cochlear Cell Death Induced Via Cisplatin or Gentamycin in Combination with Furosemide in Rodents. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: 166.
- Noreen Khan Mayberry. Opinion: Challenges and Safeguards - Filling the Gaps in Toxicological Research of Heavy Metals. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: e121.
- Pierre Brochu. What are we Waiting for?. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: e119.
- Vivian WY Lee. Pharmacogenomic Testing of Anti-Platelets Drugs and its Cost- Effectiveness. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; 3: e120.
- Michael Aschner. Foreword to Special Issue on Neuropharmacology and Neurotoxicity. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; S6-e001.
- Birandra K Sinha. Roles of Free Radicals in the Toxicity of Environmental Pollutants and Toxicants. J Clinic Toxicol 2013; S13-e001.
- Kenichiro Inoue. Heavy Metal Toxicity. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S3: 007.
- Masayuki Ohyama, Kenji Oka, Shuichi Adachi and Norimichi Takenaka. Development of a Gaseous Nitrous Acid Generation System for Animal Exposure Experiments. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 165.
- Kristen E Smith and Erin Dickert. Ingestion of Black Locust Tree Bark: Case Report. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S13-002.
- Kenichiro Inoue. Alternative Toxicity of Phthalates. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: e118.
- Afaf ElAnsary, Ghada H. Shaker and Maha Zaki Rizk. Role of Gut-Brain Axis in the Aetiology of Neurodevelopmental Disorders with Reference to Autism. J Clin Toxicol 2011; S6-005.
- Nabarun Dasgupta, Scott Proescholdbell, Catherine Sanford, Michele Jonsson Funk, Carri Casteel, et al. Defining Controlled Substances Overdose: Should Deaths from Substance use Disorders and Pharmaceutical Adverse Events be included? J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 164.
- Ibeh IN, Akanu N, Mkpa AM, Isitua CC, Ogefere HO and Ibeh NI, et. al. Evaluation of the Anti-Human Immunodeficiency Virus (Hiv) Properties Of Dxl (Decoction X-Liquid-Bioclean Ii). J Clin Toxicol 2013; S12-004.
- Akhgari Maryam and EtemadiAleagha Afshar. Organophosphate Detection in a Homicide Victim Burned After Death: Deciding the Cause of Death. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: e116.
- Kanji Yamasaki. Endocrine-Mediated Effects of Genistein on Pups Born to Dams Fed a Phytoestrogen-Enriched Diet. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: e117.
- James McCluskey, Marie Bourgeois and Raymond Harbison. A Case of Mistaken Identity - Ocular Histoplasmosis in Florida. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S5: 007.
- Birgit Puschner, Steven Gallego, Elizabeth Tor, Dennis Wilson, Dirk Holstege, et. al. The Diagnostic Approach and Public Health Implications of Phorate Poisoning In a California Dairy Herd. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S13-001.
- Koki Mimura, Daijiro Mochizuki, Shun Nakamura and Mamiko Koshiba. A Sensitive Period of Peer-Social Learning. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 158.
- Yuka Shirakawa, Koki Mimura, Aya Senoo, Kenji Fujii, Takao Shimizu, et al. Multivariate Correlation Analysis Suggested High Ubiquinol and Low Ubiquinone in Plasma Promoted Primateâ Social Motivation and IR Detected Lower Body Temperature. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 160.
- Gareth D Griffiths, Simon J Knight, Jane L Holley and Philippe Thullier. Evaluation by ELISA of Ricin Concentration in Fluids and Tissues after Exposure to Aerosolised Ricin, and Evaluation of an Immunochromatographic Test for Field Diagnosis. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 162.
- Yuka Shirakawa, Shun Nakamura and Mamiko Koshiba. Peer-Social Network Development Revealed by the Brain Multivariate Correlation Map with 10 Monoamines and 11 Behaviors. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 161.
- Tarsem Jindal, Nitika Agrawal and Smriti Sangwan. Accidental Poisoning with Calcium Carbide. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 159.
- Zhaofei Xia, Jianqing Wan, Yanyun Chen, Yuying He and Jinhai Yu. Experimental Oriental Hybrid Lilies (Lilium Hybrids) Poisoning in Cats. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 152.
- Aliakbar Hedayati, Abdolreza Jahanbakhshi, Fardin shaluei and Salman Malekpour Kolbadinezhad. Acute Toxicity Test of Mercuric Chloride (Hgcl2), Lead Chloride (Pbcl2) and Zinc Sulphate (Znso4) in Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio). J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 156.
- Eleazu CO, Amadi CO, Iwo G, Nwosu P and Ironua CF. Chemical Composition and Free Radical Scavenging Activities of 10 Elite Accessions of Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 155.
- Koki Mimura, Yuka Shirakawa, Shun Nakamura and Mamiko Koshiba. Multivariate PCA Analysis Combined with Ward?s Clustering for Verification of Psychological Characterization in Visually and Acoustically Social Contexts. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 157.
- Ahmed Refat Ragab, Maha Khald AlMazroua and Sahar AbdElziz AlDakrory. Cyclosporine Toxicity and Toxicokinetics Profiles in Renal Transplant Recipients. J Clin Toxicol 2013, 3: 154.
- Amir Shokooh Saljooghi and Fatemeh Delavarmendi. The Effect of Mercury in Iron Metabolism in Rats. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S3: 006.
- Isitua CC and Ibeh IN. Toxicological Assessment of Aqueous Extract of Moringa Oleifera and Caulis Bambusae Leaves in Rabbits. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S12-003.
- Jennifer S Park, Walter K Schlage, Brian P Frushour, Marja Talikka, Gary Toedter , et. al. Construction of a Computable Network Model of Tissue Repair and Angiogenesis in the Lung. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S12-002.
- Anogwih JA, Makanjuola WA and Chukwu LO. Spinosad Induced Cytogenotoxic Effects on the Mosquito Fish, Poecilia reticulata. J Clin Toxicol 2013; S12-001.
- Jansen T, Hoegberg LCG, Gregersen JW, Filipovski I and Johansen SS. Severe Methylphenidate Intoxication-Charcoal Hemoperfusion as an Aid in Treating the Patient. J Clin Toxicol 2013, 3: 153.
- Tatsuma Fukuda, Tatsuya Sato, Naoko Ohashi, Naoki Hayase, Masataka Gunshin, et al. Management of Acid Toilet Bowl Detergent-Induced Chemical Injuries. J Clin Toxicol 2013; 3: 151.
- Ahmed Refat Ragab, Maha Khalid AlMazroua and Rania Hamed AbdelRahman. Clinical Utility of Serum Digoxin Level in Cardiac Patients for Diagnosis of Chronic Digitalis Toxicity. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: 150.
- Pooja Yadav and Bijay R Mirdha. Acute Cryptosporidiosis Following Exposure to Hydrocarbon Containing Compounds. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: 149.
- Vivian WY Lee. New Versus Old Anticoagulants in Atrial Fibrillation Management–A Clinical Dilemma. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: e114.
- Stephen C Harbison, Giffe T Johnson, James D McCluskey, Ping Xu, Shelia Mohammad, et. al. Occupational Health Surveillance: Pulmonary Function Testing in Utility Workers. J Clin Toxicol 2012; S5: 006.
- Asok Dasmahapatra. The Time has Come for Clinical Toxicologists to Enter into the Post-Genomic Era. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: e115.
- Lokman Aslan, Murat Aslankurt, Cengiz Dilber, Murat Ozdemir, Adnan Aksoy and Tahir Dalkran, et al. Ophthalmic Findings of Acute Mercury Poisoning in Primary School Students. J Clin Toxicol 2012; S1: 010.
- Karel Allegaert. Propylene Glycol in Neonates: Never Prescribed, Frequently Administered, Hardly Evaluated. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: e113.
- JongSu Park, SungWoo Lee, SuJin Kim and YunSik Hong. Acute Myopia Induced by Topiramate Plus Phentermine for the Treatment of Obesity. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: 148.
- Ji Sun Kwon, Hye Yun Kim, Hyun Jeong Han, Je Young Kim and Jong Ho Park. A Case of Chlorfenapyr Intoxication with Central Nervous System Involvement. J Clin Toxicol 2012, 2: 147.
- Jennifer Martin, Michael Barras, Nicholas Ah Yui, Carl Kirkpatrick, Paul Kubler and Ross Norris, et. al. Gentamicin Monitoring Practices in Teaching Hospitals – Time to Undertake the Necessary Randomised Controlled Trial. J Clin Toxicol 2012; 2: 146.