A Review on Liver Exploring upon Toxic Substances like Alcohol Poisoning
Department of Pharmacology, Vaageshwari institute of Pharmacy, Karimnagar, Telangana, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Mounika Katkuri
Department of Pharmacology
Vaageshwari institute of Pharmacy
Karimnagar, Telangana, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Received date: 26/08/2016 Revised date: 30/08/2016 Accepted date: 03/09/2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
ABSTRACT A vast extent of alcohol substantial consumers creates genuine alcoholic liver illnesses. Defencelessness to alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis gives off an impression of being impacted by heredity, sex, diet, cohappening liver sickness. Most alcoholic liver harm is credited to alcohol digestion system. Liver harm might be brought on by direct harmfulness of metabolic by-results of alcohol and in addition by aggravation impelled by these by-items. Introduction of liver cells to bacterial poisons may add to liver ailment. Liver damage can prompt fibrosis and at last to cirrhosis expanded comprehension of the instrument of the liver harm has prompted creative medicines for alcoholic liver sickness, including the utilization of corticosteroids, cell reinforcements, anti-infection agents and polyunsaturated fats.
Overwhelming AOD use, Hepatitis, Liver cirrhosis, Endo poisons, Diet.
Alcoholic liver illness alludes to a scope of conditions and related side effects that create when the liver gets to be harmed because of alcohol abuse . Alcoholic liver sickness does not for the most part bring about any Manifestations until the liver has been broadly harmed. When this happens, alcoholic liver sickness can bring about. Except for the mind, the liver is the most complex organ in the body. It has more than 500 capacities, the majority of which are key of living. The elements of the liver include:
1. Filtering poisons from the blood
2. Producing critical chemicals, for example, proteins and hormones
3. Producing blood-coagulating specialists that avert exorbitant dying
4. Regulating cholesterol levels in the blood 
5. Helping to battle contamination and infection
6. Storing vitality for use when the body needs a prompt jolt of energy
The liver is such a stalwart organ , to the point that it will keep working notwithstanding when 66% of it has been harmed by scarring (cirrhosis) . For example, settling on solid way of life decisions and getting inoculated against infections that can bring about liver malady. The liver performs more than 500 unique capacities including battling off contamination, killing poisons, fabricating proteins and hormones, controlling glucose and thickening the blood .
Kind of Sickness Affecting
Drinking an excess of Alcohol can prompt three sorts of liver conditions – Fatty liver, hepatitis and "scarring" of the liver (cirrhosis) . You are unrealistic to build up these issues in the event that you drink inside the prescribed safe points of confinement gritty underneath. For a wide range of liver illness brought about by alcohol, the principle treatment is to quit drinking alcohol totally .
A development of fat happens inside liver cells in a great many people who routinely drink vigorously. In itself, greasy liver is not normally genuine and does not bring about side effects. Greasy liver will normally invert on the off chance that you quit drinking vigorously . In any case, in a few people the greasy liver advances and forms into hepatitis.
Hepatitis implies irritation of the liver . The aggravation can go from gentle to extreme.
• Mild hepatitis may not bring on any side effects. The main sign of aggravation might be an unusual level of liver chemicals (catalysts) in the blood, which can be distinguished by a blood test. In any case, at times the hepatitis gets to be diligent (ceaseless), which can steadily harm the liver and in the long run cause cirrhosis.
A more serious hepatitis tends to bring about manifestations, for example,
• Feeling wiped out (queasiness).
• Yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes (jaundice), brought on by an abnormal state of bilirubin - a synthetic regularly metabolized in the liver [10,11].
• Generally feeling unwell.
• Sometimes, torment over the liver.
• An exceptionally extreme episode of alcoholic hepatitis [12-14], can rapidly prompt liver disappointment. This can bring about profound jaundice, blood coagulating issues, disarray and trance state. It is regularly lethal.
• The fundamental treatment for alcoholic hepatitis is to give satisfactory nourishment (this occasionally includes going fluid sustains through a tube in the stomach) and steroids .
Elements, for example, sexual orientation, age, nationality, weight and wellbeing can influence how a man's liver metabolizes alcohol . At the point when the liver has a lot of alcohol to handle, ordinary liver capacity might be interfered with prompting a compound awkwardness. On the off chance that the liver is required to detoxify alcohol persistently, liver cells might be demolished or adjusted bringing about fat stores (Fatty liver) and all the more truly, either inflammation (alcoholic hepatitis) and/or changeless scarring (cirrhosis). Liver malignancy can likewise come about because of alcohol actuated liver ailment. When you drink alcohol, it is ingested into the circulation system from the stomach and guts. All blood from the stomach and entrails first experiences the liver before circling around the entire body. In this way, the most elevated grouping of alcohol is in the blood coursing through the liver.
Liver cells contain chemicals (compounds) which process (metabolize) alcohol. The compounds separate alcohol into different chemicals which thusly are then separated into water and carbon dioxide. These are then passed out in the pee and from the lungs. The liver cells can handle just a specific measure of alcohol every hour. Along these lines, in the event that you drink alcohol quicker than your liver can manage it, the level of alcohol in your circulation system rises .
Your liver and body can typically adapt to drinking a little measure of alcohol. To be sure, drinking a little measure of alcohol (1-2 units for each day) may forestall coronary illness and stroke .
1. Serious liver issues (alcoholic liver malady).
Some stomach issue.
Severe irritation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) .
Mental wellbeing issues, including misery and uneasiness.
Sexual troubles, for example, feebleness.
Muscle and heart muscle illness.
High circulatory strain.
2. Damage to sensory tissue.
Accidents - drinking alcohol is connected with a greatly expanded danger of mischances. Specifically, damage and demise from flame and auto collisions. Around 1 in 7 street passings are brought about by drinking alcohol.
Some tumors (mouth, neck, liver, colon and bosom) [20-22].
Obesity (alcohol has numerous calories) [23-26].
Damage to an unborn infant in pregnant ladies.
Alcohol reliance (compulsion).
A specialist may suspect that you have liver issues from your indications and from a physical examination. (For instance, they may recognize that your liver is expanded, or that you are holding liquid). They may particularly consider liver issues as a reason for your manifestations in the event that you have a past filled with substantial alcohol drinking. A few tests might be finished:
1. Blood tests may indicate irregular liver capacity.
2. An ultrasound sweep may demonstrate that you have a harmed liver .
3. To affirm the determination, a little specimen (biopsy) of the liver might be taken to be taken a gander at under the magnifying lens. The "scarring" of the liver brought on by liver harm (cirrhosis), or the regular components of liver cells with alcoholic hepatitis can be seen on a biopsy test [28-31].
Treatment For Alcoholic Liver Patients
For a wide range of liver infection created by alcohol, you ought to quit drinking alcohol totally. Additionally, you might be eluded to a dietician to survey yours eating regimen [32,33]. This is on the grounds that numerous individuals who drink vigorously don't eat appropriately and need guidance on getting over into eating a solid eating regimen. Vitamin supplements might be endorsed for some time .
1. If you have greasy liver, or alcoholic hepatitis which is not extreme, you ought to completely recoup from these conditions on the off chance that you quit drinking alcohol.
2. If you have extreme hepatitis and require healing facility affirmation, you may require concentrated consideration treatment. A few people with extreme hepatitis will bite the dust.
3. If you have "scarring" of the liver (cirrhosis), halting drinking alcohol can enhance your standpoint. It relies on upon how extreme the cirrhosis has gotten to be. In the event that cirrhosis is analysed [35-40].
4. When it is not very progressed and you quit drinking alcohol, the cirrhosis is unrealistic to advance. Notwithstanding, the cirrhosis and side effects will typically deteriorate in the event that you keep on drinking alcohol. In serious situations where the scarring is broad and the liver can scarcely work, a liver transplant might be the main alternative [41,42].
Anticipating Alcoholic Liver Illness
You are unrealistic to create liver issues brought about by alcohol on the off chance that you drink inside the prescribed safe breaking points. That is:
1. Men ought to drink close to 21 units of alcohol for every week, close to four units in any one day and have no less than two alcohol free days a week.
2. Women ought to drink close to 14 units of alcohol for every week, close to three units in any one day and have no less than two alcohol free days a week.
3. Pregnant ladies. Exhortation from the Department of Health expresses that..."pregnant ladies or ladies attempting to imagine ought not to drink alcohol by any stretch of the imagination. In the event that they do drink, to minimize the danger to the child, they ought not to drink more than 1-2 units of alcohol here and there a week and ought not to get smashed". The most recent National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) rules propose that a pregnant lady ought not to drink at all for the initial three months of pregnancy. At that point, she ought to drink close to maybe a couple standard UK units more than once every week therefore as a greatest sum. Drinking more than 7.5 UK units of alcohol on a solitary event might be destructive to the creating infant [43,44].
4. One regular sickness happened because of high admission of alcohol is “Fetal alcohol disorder (FAS)” [45,46].
Deadly Alcohol Disorder (Fas)
It is an example of incapacities that can create in an infant as it develops in the womb. It happens on the grounds that the pregnant mother drinks an excessive amount of alcohol [47-50].
FAS is one in which gathering of conditions. The entire gathering is called fatal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). Other conditions within this range are:
1. Alcohol-related birth deformities (ARBDs)
2. Partial fatal alcohol disorder (pFAS)
3. Alcohol-related neuro-formative issue (ARND)
4. Individuals conceived with FAS have a set gathering of manifestations. These are diverse shapes to their countenances, hindered development and some mental troubles. Individuals with alternate conditions in the range might not have this definite match of issues. They have some of them, or different issues due to alcohol before their introduction to the world.
Symptoms of Fas
Normal State of the Face
A little head.
• The groove between the nose and lip is smoothed.
• A slender upper lip.
• A level scaffold of the nose, which has a tendency to be short and upturned.
• Drooping eyelids (ptosis) [51-53].
• A 'railroad track' shape to the external part of the ears.
• Small eyes those are nearer together.
• Skin folds of the upper eyelids (epicanthic folds) [54-57].
Mechanism of Alcohol On Targets
Previously, Alcohol was accepted to be a non-particular pharmacological operator influencing numerous neurotransmitter frameworks [58-64] in the cerebrum. Notwithstanding, sub-atomic pharmacology concentrates on have among the neurotransmitter frameworks with improved capacities are: GABAA, 5-HT3 receptor agonism (in charge of gabaergic (GABAA receptor PAM), glycinergic, andcholinergic impacts), nicotinic acetylcholine receptors [65-68]. Among those that are restrained are: NMDA, dihydropyridine-delicate L-sort Ca2+ channels and G-protein-initiated internally correcting K+ channels [69,70]. The consequence of these immediate impacts is a flood of further circuitous impacts including an assortment of other neurotransmitter and neuropeptide frameworks, driving at long last to the behavioral or symptomatic impacts of alcohol inebriation [71-74].
A significant number of the impacts of enacting GABAA receptors have the same impacts as that of ethanol utilization. Some of these impacts include anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, soothing and sleep inducing impacts, psychological impedance, and engine incoordination [75-84]. This relationship between enacting GABAA receptors and the impacts of ethanol utilization has prompted the investigation of ethanol and its consequences for GABAA receptors [85-89]. It has been demonstrated that ethanol does in reality display positive allosteric restricting properties to GABAA receptors. Notwithstanding, restricting is just constrained to pentamers containing the δ-subunit as opposed to the γ-subunit [90-95]. GABAA receptors containing the δ-subunit have been appeared to be found outside to the neural connection and are included with tonic restraint as opposed to its γ-subunit partner, which is included in phasic hindrance. The δ-subunit has been appeared to have the capacity to frame the allosteric restricting site which makes GABAA receptors containing the δ-subunit more delicate to ethanol fixations, even to direct social ethanol utilization levels (30mm). While it has been appeared by to be that GABAA receptors containing the δ-subunit are touchy to ethanol regulation, contingent upon subunit mixes receptors, could be pretty much delicate to ethanol. It has been demonstrated that GABAA receptors that contain both δ and β3-subunits [96,97] show expanded affectability to ethanol. One such receptor that shows ethanol lack of care is α3-β6-δ GABAA. It has likewise been demonstrated that subunit mix is by all account not the only thing that adds to ethanol affectability. Area of GABAA receptors inside the neurotransmitter may likewise add to ethanol affectability [98-100].
This study was gone for getting the commonness of Alcohol Dependence, Several elements are connected with Alcohol Dependence among individuals and liver transplantation speaks to an option for treating chose patients with a dipsomaniac liver malady in spite of the way that both transplantation from cadaveric and substantially more from a living liver contributor bring up vital social and moral issues. It is additionally vital to look at in longitudinal studies to assess the long haul psychosocial improvement of these patients. Liver threat can in like manner come to fruition on account of liquor impelled liver illness. When you drink liquor, it is ingested into the dissemination framework from the stomach and guts with a few chemicals which can include in digestion system on their objectives.
- Thoma E, et al. Changes of some blood count variables in correlation with the time of alcohol abuse. J Addict Res Ther. 2015;6:221.
- Ifere GO. Ambiguity of plasma cholesterol level as a biomarker of prostate cancer. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2012;3:e112.
- Duman K, et al. Uncomplicated hydatid cysts of the liver: Clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2016;6:430.
- Hassan EA, et al. N-Terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide: Prognostic potential in end stage liver cirrhosis in a cohort free of heart failure; an Egyptian insight. J Liver. 2013;2:125.
- Elshennawy ATM, et al. Histopathological and histochemical assessment of the protective effects of zinc on ethanol-induced acute hepatotoxicity in adult albino rats. J Cytol Histol. 2015;6:321.
- LIEBER CS, et al. Sequential production of fatty liver, hepatitis, and cirrhosis in sub human primates fed ethanol with adequate diets. Nat Acad Sci. 1975;72:437-441.
- Jyothi NU, et al. The Study of use of obsessive– compulsive drinking scale, for craving in alcohol-dependent patients: Relationship to alcoholism severity. J Neurol Disord. 2015;S2:003.
- Marchesini G, et al. Nonalcoholic fatty liver, steatohepatitis, and the metabolic syndrome. Hepatology. 2003;37:917-923.
- Ofosu A, et al. The Role of direct acting anti-virals in chronic hepatitis c treatment-2016 update. J Antivir Antiretrovir. 2016;8:054-059.
- Devani K, et al. Endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudo cyst complicated with obstructive jaundice: Case report and literature review. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2016;6:414.
- Bharati SJ, et al. A Novel analgesic approach for percutanoeus transhepatic biliary drainage. J Anesth Clin Res. 2016;7:628.
- Naseemuddin R, et al. Liver transplantation for alcoholic hepatitis: Light at the end of tunnel. J Liver. 2015;4:e110.
- Rasheed K, et al. Place of liver transplant in alcoholic hepatitis. J Gastrointest Dig Syst.2015;5:334.
- Liu H, et al. Mallory denk body formation in alcoholic hepatitis: The pivotal role of interleukin-8 signaling. Clin Microbiol. 2016;5:235.
- Alerraqi E, et al. Commentary on: Injection of steroids intralesional in central giant cell granuloma cases (giant cell tumor): Is it free of systemic complications or not? J Steroids Hormon Sci. 2016;7:e117.
- Razvodovsky YE, et al. The Effect of gorbachev’s anti-alcohol campaign on road traffic accidents mortality in belarus. J Alcohol Drug Depend. 2016;4:241.
- Gardner AW, et al. Impaired peripheral circulation in veterans with claudication is associated with smoking. Angiol. 2014;3:133.
- Ellis C, et al. Improving stroke outcomes: A roadmap of care. Int J Neurorehabilitation. 2016;3:215.
- souza MD, et al. A Short commentary on acute pancreatitis. Pancreat Disord Ther. 2016;6:e146.
- Gazmend R, et al. Surgical management of gastrointestinal stromal tumours: A large single centre experience. J Clin Case Rep. 2015;5:672.
- Joensuu H, et al. Risk stratification of patients diagnosed with gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1411-1419.
- Wu JM, et al. Gasless laparoscopy-assisted versus open resection for gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the upper stomach: Preliminary results. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2010;20:725-729.
- Marchand LL, et al. Associations of sedentary lifestyle, obesity, smoking, alcohol use and diabetes with the risk of colorectal cancer. Epidemiology and Prevention. 1997;57:21.
- Dall TM, et al. Cost associated with being overweight and with obesity, high alcohol consumption and tobacco use within the military health system's tricare prime–enrolled population. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2007;22:120-139.
- Loomba R, et al. Synergism between obesity and alcohol in increasing the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma: A prospective cohort study. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;24.
- Marques-Vida P, et al. Obesity and alcohol modulate the effect of apolipoprotein e polymorphism on lipids and insulin. Obesity Research 2003;11:1200-1206.
- Feghali A, et al. Utilization of intravascular ultrasound to assess vascular invasion in pancreatic cancer post chemoradiation therapy. J Vasc Med Surg 2016;4:275.
- Lai KL, et al. Minimally invasive ultrasound-guided synovial biopsy using supercore biopsy instrument. Mycobact Dis. 2016;6:207.
- Sakamoto S, et al. Comprehensive evaluation of the health-related quality of life after ultrasound-guided prostate needle biopsy: A prospective study. Andrology. 2016;5:160.
- Adams K, et al. Test performance of endobronchial ultrasound and transbronchial needle aspiration biopsy for mediastinal staging in patients with lung cancer: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Thorax. 2009;64:757-762.
- Okubo K, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors in the stomach. Journal of Gastroenterology. 2004;39:747-753.
- Zemore SE, et al. Temporal trends and changing racial/ethnic disparities in alcohol problems: Results from the 2000 to 2010 national alcohol surveys. J Addict Res Ther. 2013;4:160.
- Rehm J, et al. Average volume of alcohol consumption, patterns of drinking and all-cause mortality: Results from the us national alcohol survey. Am J Epidemiol. 2001;153:64-71.
- Itharat A, et al. Anti-Inflammatory activities of constituents in sang yod rice extracts, γ-oryzanol, vitamins e, b1, b2 and b3, using inhibitory effects on nitric oxide (no) production in lipopolysaccharide (lps) activated raw 264.7 murine macrophage cells. Med Aromat Plants. 2016;5:244.
- McClain CJ, et al. Increased tumor necrosis factor production by monocytes in alcoholic hepatitis. Hepatology. 1989;9:349-351.
- Nichols TW, et al. A Review of fatty liver/nash and liver cirrhosis: Genetics, prevention, nutritional, behavioral modification, exercise, pharmaceutical, biophysics and biotech therapy. J Liver. 2013;3:144.
- Roh YS, et al. Toll-like receptors in alcoholic liver disease, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and carcinogenesis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28 Suppl. 2013;1:38-42.
- Adam R, et al. Evolution of liver transplantation in Europe: Report of the European liver transplant registry. Liver Transplantation. 2003;9:1231-1243.
- Castelnuovo AD, et al. Alcohol dosing and total mortality in men and women an updated meta-analysis of 34 prospective studies. JAMA Intern Med. 2006;166:2437-2445.
- Pierrefiche O, et al. Use of alcohol during pregnancy in France: Another French paradox? J Preg Child Health. 2016;3:246.
- Ikonomidou C, et al. Ethanol-Induced apoptotic neurodegeneration and fetal alcohol syndrome. Science. 2000;287:1056-1060.
- Bastons-Compta A, et al. Foetal alcohol spectrum disorder (fasd) diagnostic guidelines: A neuropsychological diagnostic criteria review proposal. J Neuropsychopharmacol Mental Health. 2016;1:e104.
- Duko B, et al. Perception, attitude and correlates of alcoholism and epilepsy among residents of Hawassa city, South Ethiopia, cross sectional study. J Psychiatry. 2016;19:359.
- Shushpanova TV, et al. Treatment of alcoholic patients using anticonvulsant urea derivative influences the metabolism of neuro-active steroid hormones - the system of stress markers. J Addict Res Ther. 2016;7:271.
- Nikkhah A, et al. Foetal adjustment to precarious conditions: Genes elegantly bioprocess. J Bioprocess Biotech. 2015;5:e126.
- Singh N, et al. Maternal and foetal outcomes in patients with previous caesarean section undergoing trial of vaginal birth at a tertiary care centre in north india. J Preg Child Health. 2014;1:102.
- Jia Z, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitors can repress proliferation and induce apoptosis in gingiva progenitor cells from idiopathic gingival fibromatosis. J Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;6:327.
- Mito F, et al. Significance of plasma apoptosis inhibitor of macrophage concentrations in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: A new biological indicator of severity and treatment responses. J Sleep Disord Ther. 2015;4:219.
- Atienza EM, et al. Probiotic modulation of intestinal cell apoptosis in inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer. Immunother open access. 2015;1:101.
- Song Y, et al. Phytol induces apoptosis and ros-mediated protective autophagy in human gastric adenocarcinoma ags cells. Biochem Anal Biochem. 2015;4:211.
- Chai S, et al. Mechanistic progress of estrogen-induced apoptosis in estrogen-deprived breast cancer cells. J Cell Sci Ther. 2015;6:218.
- Carone AR, et al. Alcoholism: Psychological damage to their own children. J Alcohol Drug Depend. 2015;3:188.
- Ruiz SM, et al. Closing the gender gap: The case for gender-specific alcoholism research. J Alcoholism Drug Depend. 2013;1:e106.
- Pardo K. Neurotransmitters and epilepsy. J Epilepsy. 2015;1:e103.
- Bragin A, et al. Chronic epileptogenesis requires development of a network of pathologically interconnected neuron clusters: A hypothesis. Epilepsia. 2000;41:S144-S152.
- Ge Y, et al. Psychometric analysis on neurotransmitter deficiency of internet addicted urban left-behind children. J Alcohol Drug Depend. 2015;3:221.
- Petty F. GABA and mood disorders: A brief review and hypothesis. J Affect Disord. 1995;34:275-281.
- Morningstar MW, et al. Can neurotransmitter status affect the results of exercise-based scoliosis treatment? Results of a controlled comparative chart review. Altern Integr Med. 2014;3:177.
- Mishra S. Smoking related changes in neurotransmitters in African Americans. J Bioprocess Biotechniq. 2011;1:e106.
- Marieb EN, et al. Human anatomy & physiology (7th Ed.). Pearson Benzamin Cummings. 2007.
- ElShebiney SA, et al. Cannabis resin extract in parkinson’s disease: Behavioral, neurochemical and histological evaluation. Cell Biol: Res Ther. 2014;3:1.
- Wu H, et al. Spinal stargazin-mediated cross-talk of ampa/nmda receptors in chronic pain. Analg Resusc: Curr Res. 2012;1:1.
- Varla-Leftherioti M, et al. Natural killer (NK) cell receptors and their role in pregnancy and abortion. J Immuno Biol. 2016;1:107.
- El-Far AH. The Role of receptors for advanced glycation end product in pancreatic carcinogenesis. Pancreat Disord Ther. 2016;6:166.
- Araújo AV et al. Function and protein expression of potassium channels in mesenteric resistance arteries isolated from 2k-1c hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2014;3:146.
- Standen NB, et al. K+ channel modulation in arterial smooth muscle. Acta PhysiolScand. 1998;164:549-557.
- Garcia SB, et al. Neuropeptides in the development of colon cancer. Can Surg. 2016;1:104.
- Rettenbacher M, et al. Localization and characterization of neuropeptide receptors in human colon. NaunynSchmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2001;364:291-304.
- Sadowska ES, et al. Significance of neuropeptides for coexistence of disturbances in central cardiovascular control in heart failure, stress and depression. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2014;5:313.
- Skobowiat C, et al. Contribution of neuropeptides and neurotransmitters in colitis. J Veterinar Sci Technol. 2011;S5: 001.
- Husain A, et al. Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of indolo-imidazolone hybrid molecules. Research and Reviews. 2015;3:201-205.
- Durisova M. Editorial: Drug metabolism and toxicology. J Drug Metab Toxicol. 2016;7:e131.
- Durisova M. Model based description of the pharmacokinetic behavior of pentobarbital in fasted male volunteers after oral administration of 10 mg of pentobarbital. Clin Exp Pharmacol. 2016;6:200.
- Solís IM. Ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology, the first step towards bioprospecting. J Biodivers Biopros Dev. 2014;1:e107.
- dos JL, et al. Pharmacology of antitubercular drugs: Challenges and advances. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;3:e164.
- Pop B. Research facts about resilience. J Depress Anxiety. 2014;3:e107.
- Liu J. Perspective: Systems pharmacology strategy for investigation of antioxidant drugs and its mechanisms of action. J Bioequiv Availab. 2014;6:e50.
- Heck TG. Pharmacology and exercise: an essential discipline and research area in health courses. J Nov Physiother. 2013;3: e128.
- Giuseppe T. Genetic and metabolism come in the hot spot. J Drug Metab Toxicol. 2013;4:e121.
- Thamri A, et al. Methanol, ethanol and acetone sensing using aacvd-grown tungsten oxide nanoneedles. J Nanomed Nanotechnol. 2016;7:380.
- Francis ST, et al. A case series of acute methanol poisoning from northern Kerala. Emergency Med. 2016;6:312.
- Venkatesh U, et al. Methanolic extract of wedelia trilobata in antiproliferation and apoptotic activity. Nat Prod Chem Res. 2016;4:210.
- Callaghan M. A Drink to die for: Methanol poisoning in indonesia. J Tourism Hospit. 2016;5:198.
- Kouider N, et al. Electrocatalytical oxidation of methanol on (Zn or Cu/natural phosphate/iron) electrode. J Material Sci Eng. 2015;5:218.
- Parkash A. Modeling of ethanol production from molasses: A review. Ind Chem Open Access. 2015;3:108.
- Pentyala S, et al. Effect of n-alkanols on g-protein α subunits. J Anesthe Clinic Res. 2011;2:153.
- Zhu M, et al. Alpha fetoprotein plays antagonistic role in benzyl-isothiocyanate arresting cell cycle in liver cancer cells. Chemo Open Access. 2016;5:195.
- Ahmed AM, et al. Role of interleukin-10, interleukin-12 in the response prediction during combined peg-interferon-alpha 2a and ribavirin therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Virol Antivir Res. 2015;4:1.
- Ramírez-Albores JE, et al. Alpha, beta and gamma diversity of the birds in a tropical landscape of Southern Mexico. J Biodivers Manage Forestry. 2014;3:1.
- Zayed N, et al. Low Serum alpha-fetoprotein level an important predictor for therapeutic outcome in Egyptian patients with chronic hepatitis C: A data-mining analysis. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2014;4:240.
- Katsounas A, et al. Differential specificity of interferon-alpha inducible gene expression in association with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus levels and declines in vivo. J AIDS Clin Res. 2015;6:410.
- Elgaml SA, et al. protective effects of selenium and alpha-tocopherol against lead-induced hepatic and renal toxicity in oreochromis niloticus. J Aquac Res Development. 2015;6:299.
- Qian F, et al. Switching to telbivudine for hepatitis b e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis b patients with poor response to interferon-alpha therapy: A two-center retrospective study. J Gastrointest Dig Syst. 2015;5:254.
- Mizejewski GJ. Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) and inflammation: Is AFP an acute and/or chronic phase reactant? J Hematol Thrombo Dis. 2015;3:191.
- Silva ES, et al. Alpha-1- antitrypsin deficiency presenting as neonatal cholestasis: Predictors of outcome and effect of ursodeoxycholic acid. J Liver. 2015;4:185.
- Sethi S, et al. Comprehensive snp analysis of genes in cholestrol metabolism (pgc 1 alpha), insulin signaling (irs1), potassium channel (kcnj11) and glucose homeostasis (pi3k) in three diversified groups. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:531.
- Santoni G, et al. Cooperative interaction between the alpha1-adrenoceptors (α1-ar) and transient receptor potential (trp) triggers a proliferative cell signal in prostate cancer cell lines. J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2015;6:275.
- Atzori L, et al. Cutaneous adverse reactions during anti-tnf alpha treatment for inflammatory bowel diseases: The experience of the dermatology clinic of cagliari (italy). J Pharmacovigilance. S2 004.
- Sprinzl MF, et al. Prospective randomized open-label trial protocol investigating the addition of pegylated interferon-alpha to an ongoing nucleos(t)ide treatment regimen of hbeag negative chronic hepatitis B patients (padd-on). J Clin Trials. 2015;5:226.
- Sivasubramaniyan V, et al. Non-invasive quantitative characterization of skeletal metastasis in carcinoma prostate by tc99m mdp bone scans using Dr. v. siva’s retention ratio in correlation with serum psa levels. Med Surg Urol. 2016;5:164.