Dental Implant and Diabetes
Mohammed Abdul Kabeer*
Department of Biotechnology, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, India
- *Corresponding Author:
- Mohammed Abdul Kabeer
B. tech Biotechnology,
Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Received Date: 07/09/2016; Accepted Date: 08/09/2016; Published Date: 15/09/2016
Visit for more related articles at Research & Reviews: Journal of Dental Sciences
Dental implant surgery has developed to a widely used procedure for dental rehabilitation and is a secure and predictable procedure. Local and systemic risk factors can result in higher failure rates. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease that goes in with hyperglycemia and causes multifarious side effects. Diabetes as a relative contraindication for implant surgery is controversially discussed. Because the number of patients suffering from diabetes increases, there are more diabetic patients demanding implant procedures.
Dental implant, Oral surgery, Crown, Diabetes
Dental Implant is substitution tooth roots. Implant gives a solid establishment to altered or removable substitution teeth that are made to coordinate your normal teeth. Achievement rates of Dental Implant fluctuate, contingent upon where in the jaw the implant are put at the same time, when all is said in done, Dental Implant have a win rate of up to 98%. With legitimate consideration, implant can endure forever. Much of the time, anybody sufficiently solid to experience a normal dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant [1-16]. Patients ought to have sound gums and enough issue that remains to be worked out the implant. They likewise should be focused on great oral cleanliness and standard dental visits. Overwhelming smokers, individuals experiencing uncontrolled endless issue, for example, diabetes or coronary illness - or patients who have had radiation treatment to the head/neck zone should be assessed on an individual premise. On the off chance that you are thinking about implant, converse with your dental practitioner to check whether they are ideal for you. The initial phase in the dental implant procedure is the improvement of an individualized treatment arrangement. The arrangement addresses your particular needs and is set up by a group of experts who are extraordinarily prepared and experienced in oral surgery and helpful dentistry [15-33]. This group approach gives facilitated care taking into account the implant choice that is best for you. Next, the tooth root implant, which is a little post made of titanium, is set into the bone attachment of the missing tooth. As the jawbone mends, it develops around the embedded metal post, tying down it safely in the jaw. The recuperating procedure can take from six to 12 weeks. Once the implant has clung to the jawbone, a little connector post - called a projection - is appended to the post to safely hold the new tooth. To make the new tooth or teeth, your dental specialist makes impressions of your teeth, and makes a model of your nibble [31-46]. The new tooth or teeth depends on this model. A substitution tooth, called a crown, is then joined to the projection. Rather than one or more individual crowns, a few patients may have connections put on the implant that hold and backing a removable denture. Your dental practitioner additionally will coordinate the shade of the new teeth to your normal teeth. Since the implant is secured inside the jawbone, the substitution teeth look, feel, and capacity simply like your own regular teeth. A great many people who have gotten Dental Implant say that there is next to no inconvenience required in the strategy [47-63]. Nearby anesthesia can be utilized amid the strategy, and most patients report that implant include less agony than a tooth extraction. After the dental implant, mellow soreness can be treated with over-the-counter agony pharmaceuticals, for example, Tylenol or Motrin. Dental Implant requires the same consideration as genuine teeth, including brushing, flossing, washing with an antibacterial mouthwash, and customary dental registration.
Dental implant surgery has created to a broadly utilized method for dental recovery and is a protected and unsurprising strategy. Nearby and systemic danger components can bring about higher disappointment rates. Diabetes mellitus is a ceaseless infection that runs in with hyperglycemia and causes diverse symptoms. Diabetes as a relative contraindication for implant surgery is questionably examined. Since the quantity of patients experiencing diabetes increments, there are more diabetic patients requesting implant methods. The impact of length of the infection is not completely clear. The steady organization of anti-infection agents and chlorhexidine appears to enhance implant achievement [61-76]. At the point when diabetes is under well control, implant methodology are sheltered and unsurprising with an entanglement rate like that of sound patients.
Osseointegration portrays the procedure of arrangement of an immediate interface between the implant and bone, without mediating soft tissue. This procedure is essential for implant steadiness and aggravation free survival. It incorporates renovating of the encompassing bone with movements and multiplication of osteoblasts and supporting connective tissue. It is conceivable that with augmented span of diabetes, the systemic symptoms increment [76-88]. However, the impact of length of the illness on implant surgery result is just next to no analyzed.
Diabetes is a gathering of metabolic sicknesses in which there are high glucose levels over a drawn out period. At the point when taking a gander at the confusions and symptoms coming about because of diabetes, it is vital to know which sort of diabetes the patient experiences, if there is any treatment, which sort of treatment, the evaluation of glycemic control, and term of the sickness. The already depicted smaller scale and macroangiopathies create with the span and reiterations of hoisted glycemic periods. In many studies, these data are missing and there is just a polarity grouping of diabetes or sound. Most studies incorporate patients with all around controlled diabetes, and there is no or little impact on insert survival. Numerous creators infer that imminent long-lasting studies are expected to answer the issues [89-102]. Then again, it would be non-moral to watch patients with poor glycemic control, since wellbeing undermining systemic symptoms created.
- White SC and Pharoah MJ. Cysts of the jaws. In: White SC Pharoah MJ. Oral Radiology. Principles and interpretation. (5thedtn). St Lous, Mosby. 2004;394.
- Gonzalez SM, et al. A dentigerous cyst associated with bilaterally impacted mandibular canines in a girl: a case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2011;5:230.
- Bondemark M, et al. Incidental findings of pathology and abnormality in pre-treatment orthodontic panoramic radiographs. Angle Orthodontist. 2006;76(1):98-102.
- Ramesh A and Pabla T. Incidental findings on dental radiographs: Stafne bone defect. J Mass Dent Soc. 2009;58(3):42-43.
- Elias WF. Assessment of the osteogenic potential of morphogenetic protein-2 and insulin-like growth factor-i on adipose tissue- derived stem cells. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Hadassa Batinga. Cannabinoid receptor ligands prevent dopaminergic neurons death induced by neurotoxic, inflammatory and oxidative stimuli in vitro. J Biomed Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Ramesh A and Pabla T. Incidental findings on dental radiographs: dentigerous cyst. J Mass Dent Soc. 2009;58(2):42.
- Sadaqa WA. Tranexamic acid use and post-operative outcome in patients undergoing spine surgery for scoliosis in an-najah national university hospital / palestine: a prospective, randomized, double blinded study. J Biomed Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Okon I. The Paradox of anti-cancer agents and recurring emergence of drug resistance. J Biomed Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Kadavakollu S. Translational fidelity mediated regulation of Er-stress by dph3. J Biomed Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Farah CS and Sawage NW. Pericoronal radiolucenies and the significance of early detection. Australian Dental Journal. 2002;47(3):262-265.
- Yen CY, et al. Areca nut contains both apoptosis- and autophagy-inducing ingredients and its possible effects on cancer cells. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Oliveira MV, et al. Animal models of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations: a review of the current status. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Hsiao CY, et al. Transplantation of wharton’s jelly mesenchymal cells to improve cardiac function in myocardial infarction rats. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:1.
- Liu K, et al. Peptide P3 selected from phage display screen shows antiviral activity against porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Li Y, et al. The Developmental changes and correlation of adiponectin, adiponectin receptors and hormones of the hypothalamic-pituitary- ovarian axis in growing wannan spotted gilts. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Heidari A. Biomedical study of cancer cells dna therapy using laser irradiations at presence of intelligent nanoparticles. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Hamidpour R, et al. Antipurinergic therapy with suramin as a treatment for autism spectrum disorder. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Bian C, et al. Electrochemical determination of phosphate in freshwater free of silicate interference. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Qi Y, et al. Preparation of magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer for melamine and its application in milk sample analysis by hplc. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Anticoli S, et al. Treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis with rivaroxaban. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Bitew A, et al. Utilization of obstetric analgesia in labor pain management and associated factors among obstetric care givers in Amhara Regional State Referral Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia. A Hospital based cross sectional study. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:2.
- Yasseen ZJ and Ghossain ME. Studies on binding of widely used drugs with human serum albumin at different temperatures and phs. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Homick PC, et al. Molecular interaction studies of chitosan cross-linked compounds as drug delivery substrate for anticancer agents. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Sadaqa WA, et al. Intra-operative use of bispectral index monitoring and time to extubation and patients length of stay after cardio pulmonary bypass surgery, at An-Najah National University Hospital / Nablus / Palestine, a randomized control study. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Togashi AY, et al. Marginal bone loss around morse taper connection implants in osseointegration period. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Milovanovic M, et al. High invivo platelet activity in female fibromyalgia patients. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Aaron JE. Cellular ubiquity of calcified microspheres: a matter of degree, ancient history and the golgi body. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Kaut O, et al. DNA methylation of imprinted loci on autosomal chromosomes and igf2 are not affected in parkinson’s disease patients peripheral blood monocytes. Brain Disord Ther. 2016;5:211.
- Zhang ZH, et al. A mathematical method for calculating the anterior and superior axial coverage angle of acetabulum to femoral head based on 3d coordinate system. J Biomedical Sci. 2016;5:3.
- Potter H. Beyond trisomy 21: phenotypic variability in people with down syndrome explained by further chromosome mis-segregation and mosaic aneuploidy. J Down Syndr Chr Abnorm. 2016;2:109.
- Sahli N, et al. Impact of treatment duration on cervical cancer outcomes: results from a single institution. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:354.
- Lee MH, et al. Prognosis predictors of pelvic inflammatory disease among the hospitalized patients. gynecol obstet (sunnyvale). 2016;6:366.
- Denakpo J, et al. Profile, morbidities and symptoms management of menopausal women, in cotonou. gynecol obstet (sunnyvale). 2016;6:355.
- Zeng Y, et al. Symptom profiles, work productivity and quality of life among chinese female cancer survivors. gynecol obstet (sunnyvale). 2016;6:357.
- Musa A, et al. Determinants of birth preparedness and complication readiness among pregnant woman attending antenatal care at dilchora referral hospital, Dire Dawa city, East Ethiopia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:356.
- Yusuf M, et al. Future prospects of 3d human chromosome imaging by serial block face scanning electron microscopy. Single Cell Biol. 2016;5:134.
- Vijaylakshmi AR, et al. A prolapsed longitudinal vaginal septum with invaginating cystocele and rectocele: a rare presentation with a unique management. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:358.
- Ghosh S and Ghosh P. Genetic etiology of chromosome 21 nondisjunction and down syndrome birth: aberrant recombination and beyond. J Down Syndr Chr Abnorm. 2016;1:102.
- Lemke KH, et al. High performance dna probes for perinatal detection of numerical chromosome aberrations. Adv Tech Biol Med. 2016;3:155.
- Alesi V, et al. Easychip 8x15k: A new tool for detecting chromosome anomalies in low risk pregnancies, supporting and integrating standard karyotype. J Genet Syndr Gene Ther. 2016;7:277.
- Yang D, et al. Fine mapping of a retarded-palea2 (rep2) gene on chromosome 9 in rice. J Plant Biochem Physiol. 2015;3:149.
- Alzu'bi AA. Simvastatin-induced pleuro-pericardial effusion and megaloblastic anemia. J Gen Practice. 2015;3:198.
- Horvath B, et al. Influence of imprinting of an x chromosome and the methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (mthfr) 677c>t polymorphism on fviii activity. J Hematol Thrombo Dis. 2015;3:218.
- García-Heredia A, et al. Paraoxonase-1 deficiency does not influence clopidogrel antiplatelet function in mice. Cardiol Pharmacol. 2015;4:148.
- Sur A, et al. Evaluation of role of serum lipoprotein and lipid profile in essential hypertension patients in a tertiary care hospital. J Hypertens. 2015;4:204.
- Zhao R, et al. The feasibility of combined coronary and supra-aortic arteries angiography with a single high-pitch acquisition protocol using dual-source ct. Angiol. 2015;3:147.
- Dorobantu FL, et al. Giant lipoma originating from the right ventricular infundibulum - a case report. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2015;6:379.
- Nasrat SAM, et al. Role of blood-let out cupping therapy in angina and angina risk management. J Clin Case Rep. 2015;5:523.
- Nasrat AM, et al. Role of blood-let out cupping therapy in angina and angina risk management. Gen Med (Los Angel). 2015;3:191.
- Faruk EM, et al. Histological, immunohistochemical and biochemical study on the possible cardioprotective and antihypertensive role of the flavonoid in unilateral renal artery ligation of adult albino rats. J Cytol Histol. 2015;6:326.
- Zafar R. A New insight into pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases: stress induced lipid mediated, vascular diseases. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2015;3:206.
- Dincer UD. Human endothelial progenitor cell application in vascular diseases seen in metabolic syndrome. J Metabolic Synd. 2015;4:e115.
- Abd-Elbaky AE, et al. Associations of serum omentin and apelin concentrations with obesity, diabetes mellitus type 2 and cardiovascular diseases in egyptian population. Endocrinol Metab Synd. 2015;4:171.
- Ferri N, et al. Pharmacological inhibition of phosholipase a2: results from phase 3 clinical trials with darapladib and varespladib in patients with cardiovascular disease. Cardiol Pharmacol. 2015;4:137.
- Zafar R. An insight into pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2015;3:197.
- Menut M, et al. Characterization of the mechanical properties of the human aortic arch using an expansion method. J Vasc Med Surg. 2015;3:188.
- Akinseye OA and Akinseye LI. Home blood pressure monitoring and hypertension control. Primary Health Care. 2015;5:182.
- Kelli HM, et al. Cardio metabolic syndrome: a global epidemic. J Diabetes Metab. 2015;6:513.
- Mahajan K. Microparticles in atherosclerosis: biomarkers of disease. J Clin Exp Cardiolog. 2015;6:356.
- Sonoda JI, et al. Green tea catechins-pharmacokinetic properties and health beneficial effects-. Pharm Anal Acta. 2015;6:333.
- Wang JZ, et al. Clinical benefits of the classification of cardiovascular patients based on the polymorphisms of natriuretic peptide receptor genes. J Mol Biomark Diagn. 2014;5:208.
- Augusto TTR, et al. Cardiovascular disease as cause for disability pensions. Occup Med Health Aff. 2014;2:186.
- Fiorino P and Evangelista FS. Complications of type 1 diabetes mellitus are associated with renin angiotensin system: the role of physical exercise as therapeutic tool. Pancreat Disord Ther. 2014;4:133.
- Cecilia B, et al. Menopause in HIV infected women: a comprehensive approach to physical and psychological health. J Osteopor Phys Act. 2014;2:117.
- Skultetyova D, et al. The impact of blood pressure on carotid artery stiffness and wave intensity in patients with resistant hypertension after renal sympathetic denervation. J Hypertens. 2014;3:157.
- Ritu M and Manika M. Blood homocystiene and lipoprotein (a) levels, stress and faulty diet as major risk factors for early cardiovascular diseases in Indians. J Cardiovasc Dis Diagn. 2014;2:163.
- Mythili S, et al. Salivary heart fatty acid binding protein - a novel biomarker of myocardial damage. Oral Hyg Health. 2014;2:141.
- Togliatto G, et al. Unacylated ghrelin (unag): a new treatment option for peripheral arterial disease? J Mol Genet Med. 2014;8:108.
- Asefa D, et al. Chronic Postmenopausal Uterine Inversion: A Case Report. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:384.
- Samba A, et al. A review of caesarean sections using the ten-group classification system (Robson classification) in the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:385.
- Silva RC, et al. In vitro microhardness of glass ionomer cements. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2007;18:139-142.
- Sahli N, et al. Impact of brachytherapy in the treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer: results from a single institution. Gynecol Obstet (sunnyvale). 2016;6:386.
- Iannaccone A, et al. The use of plasma exchange in a very early-onset and life threatening, hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet (hellp), syndrome: a case report. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:387.
- Nassar K, et al. Vitamin D and pre-eclampsia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:389.
- Smirnova A, et al. Live birth after in vitro maturation of oocytes in a patient with repeated fertilization failure in IVF: a case report. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:390.
- Chwalba A and Otto-Buczkowska E. Metabolic syndrome is the problem in young diabetics? Fam Med Med Sci Res. 2014;3:148.
- Delacroix S, et al. Hypertension: pathophysiology and treatment. J Neurol Neurophysiol. 2014;5:250.
- Lu B, et al. Therapeutic potential of topical fenofibrate eyedrops in diabetic retinopathy and amd rat models. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2014;5:347.
- Sidhu KS and Kateb B. World brain mapping and therapeutic initiative: a proposed g20 priority due to major impact of the cost of neurological disorders on the world economy. J Neurol Disord. 2014;2:e113.
- Swasti. Evolution of cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer – ‘A walk down the memory lane’. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:e113.
- Latheef R, et al. Ewing’s sarcoma of uterus – Case Report and Review of literature. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:362.
- Rao S, et al. A study to find out the prevalence of hypothyroidism among pregnant women visiting ESI Hospital, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:363.
- Bouzid A, et al. Osteoid metaplasia of the endometrium: a case report and literature review. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:361.
- Lee BN, et al. Leiomyosarcoma of the ovary mimicking gastrointestinal stromal tumor originating from small bowel: a case report and literature review. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:359.
- Rath TS, et al. The unchartered waters of obstetrics - rupture of noncommunicating rudimentary horn pregnancy (rnhp) in a bicornuate uterus. Gynecol Obstet (sunnyvale). 2016; 6:347.
- Groen RS, et al. Association between shoulder dystocia maneuvers and cervical laceration requiring repair. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:364.
- Bizjak T, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of uterine fibroids in north-east slovenia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:350.
- Sahli N, et al. Cervical cancer: prognostic and evolution after radiotherapy (results from a single institution). Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:353.
- Brooks SL and Atchison KA. Guidelines for prescribing dental radiographs. In: White SC Pharoah MJ, Oral Radiology. Principles and interpretation. 5th ed. St Lous, Mosby. 2004;265-277.
- Geist JR and Katz JO. The frequency and distribution of idiopathic osteosclerosis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1990;69:388–393.
- White SC and Pharoah MJ. Principles of radiographic interpretation. In: White SC Pharoah MJ, oral radiology. Principles and interpretation. 5th ed. St Lous, Mosby. 2004;281-296.
- Imaizumi Y. Infant mortality of zygotic twins and influencing factors in Japan. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:341.
- Desai R, et al. A case of severe tongue bite in eclampsia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:340.
- Wood NK and Goaz PW. Solitary radiopacities not necessarily contacting teeth.
- Rai S. Impact of co-existent infections on surgical site in cesarean deliveries. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:365.
- Di H, et al. The role of inflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of cerebral palsy. Gynecol Obstet(Sunnyvale). 2016;6:360.
- Zilberlicht A, et al. Gullian- Barre syndrome in pregnancy – a case report and review of the literature. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:348.
- Pyra K, et al. Embolisation in the therapy of post-partum haemorrhage in a patient with a massive myoma. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:349.
- Wu Q, et al. Detection of copy number variants by next-generation sequencing in fetuses with congenital heart disease. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:351.
- Nigatu DT, et al. Barriers to contraceptive use among child bearing women in Ambo Town, West Shewa Zone, Oromia Regional State, Ethiopia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2016;6:352.
- Nebeb GT, et al. Antenatal care utilization in Debre Tabor, North West Ethiopia. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale). 2015;5:339.