ISSN: 2319-9865

All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Immunohistochemical (IHC) study of ER and PR status in breast carcinoma in women of Pakistan


Joint Event on Breast Pathology & Cancer & Gynecology and Obstetrics Pathology & Palliativecare & Gerontology

June 28-29, 2019 | Oslo, Norway

Muhammad Zohaib Qamar

Pakistan

Posters & Accepted Abstracts: RRJMHS

Abstract

Objective: The main objective of the present study is to determine the association between estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) expression status along with histological grade of tumor in invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) of breast in Pakistani patients.

Study Design: Experimental and observational study.

Materials & Methods: One hundred and six cases of various histologic types of breast cancer were included during two year period (January 2015 to December 2016), conducted at Histopathology Department of Chughtai Lahore Lab (Pvt.) Lahore Pakistan. We evaluated age, histologic tumor type, histologic tumor grade, ER estrogenic and PR progesterone receptors status by immunohistochemistry (IHC) along with information regarding tumor histologic grade of tumor in relation with status of estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) receptors status from breast cancer patients suffering from breast cancer.

Results: Results showed that 80% of cases were evaluated as invasive ductal carcinoma; remaining 20% cases included as other histologic tumor types. The age ranges from 23 years to 82 years. Twenty one patients <40 years with mean age of 32 years and 84 patients were >40 years of age with mean age of 55 years were recorded. Majority of the tumors were seen to be having grade II (56.6%) followed by grade III tumors (20.8%). However, no case was seen to be involved with grade I tumor. Positive expression of estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) expression are seen in 62% and 49% patients respectively.

Conclusion: In current study, age distribution among 106 patients concluded that women more than 40 years old had the highest higher incidence of breast carcinoma. Most dominant tumor type was invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC). Furthermore estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) positivity manifested more drift towards tumors of grade II tumors in comparison to tumors of grade I and grade III tumors.

Biography

 

bestreplica